1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    Robyn smiled nervously. “Oh… Did I buy two outfits by accident? I couldn’t decide what to wear, so I picked both. We could always come back again if we want to buy more clothes!”

However she was wondering what was going on in Alex's mind. If she didn't know better, Alexa must be full of ideas.

@SAF @WavePearl @PirateCaptain

She looked at everyone else to see what they had gotten, save for Kai. “Oh hey, Maya-chan! I thought we lost you!” Robyn greeted Maya. “Suppose we should make sure if the clothes we picked out will be ones we like when we perform. If nothing else, we could always practise in them.”

To Nora, she added, “Suppose we’ll have to wait until he’s done. Otherwise, are we all happy with our outfits? Uh… actually, what did you all get?”

Not too far away in a different part of Anna’s, Robin had purchased two sets of headphones. One for himself, and one for Robyn. Then he walked over to the fashion department, passing by mini-shops hosting individual brands like Candy Party, Pixel Dreams, and Sakura Spring. It got him thinking: what would he wear for the stage? Something that might be similar to his school outfit, or at least some kind of modification, might work. Why, maybe he might elect to wear the school uniform itself.

[​IMG]

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @122 Generation

"Here's what I got..." Maya showed off her coord. "I wanted something that evoked a phoenix."

(updated the brand list with a few more brands)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #482 Sep 29, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Nora Hansen And then Nora sweatdropped when Maya showed off her newly-bought outfit. As much as she wanted to do so, her brother's still paying for their stuff. That, and she's also curious about what Alex and Tala ended up with from this particular shopping spree (?).

(Nudging @ChocoChicken and @PirateCaptain for this one.)

Kai Hansen
    Speaking of Kai, he spotted a certain mop-haired guy at the fashion section while waiting for his turn at the cashier. "...Robin?" he muttered in hesitation, though not for long because that guy was indeed who Kai thought he was. "Oi, Robin!" he (Kai) called out to him (Robin) with a wave.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    ...oh cRAP I'M BEING SLOW EVERYONE ELSE HAS THEIR STUFF ALREADY. The thought dawned on Alexa as soon as Robyn asked and she noticed the packages in Maya and Tala's hands as well. She'd only been scoping out the stores so far, checking the price tags, the aesthetics, and all - she hadn't actually purchased anything yet. She did have a bare-bones idea for an outfit, involving some of her clothing back at home - but for now she had to run and grab at least something for it.

"Sorry, gotta dash real quick!" she responded to Nora's question, dodging it faster than a bullet. With that, she took off towards the closest store - which happened to be Cyber Glamour, and disappeared into it in a panic.

#484 Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    WavePearl likes this.
  5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    (I wonder if I might have rushed the shopping too quickly... I'll have Robin take his time picking out clothes and let Robyn do a double take on her outfits for fun... and I'm still visualising what Robyn's outfit will look like)

@WavePearl @PirateCaptain @ChocoChicken

Fortunately for Alexa, Robyn decided to accompany her because she wanted to check out the accessories in Cyber Glamour too (she left Nora and Maya where they were). For Robyn, personally, she needed to re-evaluate her outfits and see if she needed to modify anything. Maybe Robyn might have jumped on buying outfits too early... Could Cyber Glamour have products that could add value to hers? She decided to look at her outfit once more while also glancing at the merchandise around her for other things. Headphones? Bracelets? Maybe hats? LED hats even?

She was amused that Alex looked like she was in full panic.

@SAF

Never mind that Robin looked like Robyn in almost every way possible, hearing his name called out got Robin's attention. "Oh hey, Kai!" he greeted. Then he went up to him. "I take it you're all buying outfits for the performance?"

WavePearl likes this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Kai Hansen
    "Uh-huh. Chief sent you the email too, right?" Kai nodded at the "uh-huh" part. To be fair though, he didn't even know that Robyn had been staying at Robin's home for Naga knew how long. Not that he knew the specifics either.

Nora Hansen
    Nora, meanwhile, just awkwardly stood there when Alex looked like she just had another round of panic attack. Were they really taking a pretty short time for a shopping spree? The kid just shrugged at the thought.

Regardless, Nora turned to her fellow brunette and asked, "Maya-senpai, what are you gonna do now?"

(Yes, @WavePearl, you might wanna have Maya tell someone (at least Nora) that she's off for a round of grocery shopping.)

#486 Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
  8. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala turned as she saw Alex sudden turn into panic. "Wait up" she called towards Alex. Seeing her dissappear into the store. "I go help her" she said towards the others and ran behind Alex

#488 Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Oh, okay," Nora responded to Maya as the latter left for her grocery shopping. However, by the time the kid turned back, her other upperclassmen (save for Robin and Kai who were chatting while waiting for the latter's turn to pay) had already gone. Shaking her head with a sigh, Nora sauntered to the Moonlight Waltz mini-shop for something more formal instead of the Cyber Glamour one like the other girls.

(The "Moonlight Waltz" brand was originally Choco's idea, by the way.)

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    (@122 Generation No it's okay - I didn't entirely expect everyone to have their ideas already ready, haha! I don't want to hold everyone else back, and neither does Alex fsjkda. Also, it seems like several others are still exploring a bit, so I'm gonna split Alex's first outfit selection into two parts (it got RIDICULOUSLY long on its first draft oops.))

Cyber Glamour - the store name in itself was just what she was looking for. Alexa had to admit that she was never a huge fashion person - if something was a nice color, flexible, and comfortable, she'd wear it for the next few years, regardless of how "stylish" it was. But it seemed the other clubmates were quite serious about their performance outfits, so it was probably best for her just to not be the odd one out. And so her sprint ended at the legwear section of the store.

For the outfit's pieces, reusability was key - if she was going to buy a whole outfit, she was going to use the whole outfit, so it still had to be something she could feasibly wear outside of the performance, or combine with her usual clothes for later ones. At least, each individual piece of the coord should be casual enough that she could just walk around in them. Earlier, Alex had already scoped out a pair of dark shorts with bright circuit-board patterns - easy to move in, fit her style, and still had a little of that performer's flair to it. And for the intricacy of the design, it was still decently cheap - at least compared to some similar pieces she'd seen in Stardust Neo, anyway. She quickly picked them up - she could also wear them around, her sibling and friends would probably find them cool outside of the concert.

Next, she routed her way to the jacket section - she was nearly never seen without one, and she wasn't going to let that image fade at their club performance. She kept herself moving at a decent pace, though she paused to pore over the ultramarines and cobalts she'd also noted earlier - though they were tempting, she wasn't made of money to splurge on them when she already had several high-quality ones in blue. If she was going to get something, she was going to find something worth her money. Something different, something that fit for this performance specifically, but wouldn't count itself out in daily wear. Maybe in a lighter shade? She kept moving through the aisles, eyes narrowed at the crowd of fabric in front of her - so focused she barely noticed Tala coming up from behind.

11. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    "Alex." Tala called out again. "I want to help out" she said. Seeing that she was picking out clothes already. "Guess you do not need help" she replied feeling kinda sad that she felt ignored. Unaware to Tala was that Alex didnt see or had heard her.

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    @PirateCaptain
    The sudden sound of Tala's voice brought Alex back into the present. "-Huh? Oh, hello Tala. Sorry. I was just considering all this. It's nice of you to help, but don't worry about me, really."

As she responded, she suddenly came to a stop, something else catching her attention. Her eyes settled on a cropped white jacket, the lower half's translucent fabric shifting as she took the hanger. It looked like it was her size, decently waterproof, lightweight, probably good for the upcoming summer months. The fabric wasn't loose or stiff enough to hinder her movement, either. And considering Robyn was probably going to wear black, this seemed like it could be... She didn't want to say perfect, but it was what her emotions were saying for sure. It also seemed to be part of a coord set, accompanied with a top and a pair of white leggings - all reasonably priced when she checked the tag.

The details of her outfit started to come together in her head. Since her lighting would be cyan - her favourite shade of it, at that - it only made sense to pick clothes that would potentially go well with it. She had a good pair of sports sneakers, Robyn probably wouldn't mind her using them for the performance. There was that pair of headphones she'd bought earlier last year, while attempting audio mixing for a while for her quartet - didn't they have some LEDs in them, too? While going through Prism Laser earlier she'd also spotted a nice-looking pair of cyan bracelets - definitely something she could bring to the Summer Scramble, or even wear one on the regular. And though the coord already came with a top, she considered saving that for another time. She did have enough tees in similar colors that something could fit well.

Alex summed up the prices in her head. Good! She was still firmly within her budget, with some leeway for the bracelets that she could pick up later - another date if needed. She slung the hanger and coord over her forearm and stopped again, recalculating the prices just to make sure. Yep. Good job, Alex.

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 1.26.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 1.24.43 PM.png

122 Generation, SAF and WavePearl like this.
  13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    (Hmm. Somehow my draft got deleted T_T. And just wait haha when the club relocates to Robin's home to practice after finals. Maybe someone might ask Robyn questions. Also! I uploaded the chapter with Kai's first cameo)

Robin jolted. He was careful not to expose the fact that Robyn had been living at his home since last year and yet explain how he knew to come to Anna's. He reacted in the nervous manner that only Robyn would. "Uh... of course I knew! I just so happened to be in the area to pick up these." He showed Kai the two brand new headphones with LED lights on the sides and still in the boxes. "I'm sure Robyn would like these. But anyway, I need to pick out my outfit too.

"What about you? What did you find?" he added, seeing that Kai was still in the lineup for paying.

(That said, I have yet to think of an outfit for Robin...)

@ChocoChicken @WavePearl @PirateCaptain

Robyn decided to pick out a cyber-themed bandana that she could wear on her arm while performing. Now this looked pretty neat! And might just complete her look too. She looked at one of the mirrors, took out her sailor uniform from her bag along with her blazer, and put one of the bandanas near the sleeve. That just might do it! The bandana was blue - almost cyan - with a white trim. While she was at it, she picked up a bracelet just like what Alex did that seemed to work too.

Then she thought about a couple other things. She wanted a belt, first off, and then gloves. As it happened, she managed to pay ahead of Alex and so left Cyber Glamour first.

She found Nora standing outside. And where was Maya? But Robyn's mind was too focused on getting her other accessories and so she ran off to Pixel Dreams. Her gloves, she might go back to Beat Holic for that.

WavePearl likes this.
  14. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    @ChocoChicken
    ''I see, well if you say so. Also, I do not know if you found something more out of your price range, I can always buy it for you.'' she smiled, trying to be at least a good friend. Since last time on the field, she was busy trying to be a better friend to others. So Tala tried to figure out if this might work. Paying stuff for others. ''I mean, I got everything already for myself soo.'' as she showed the bag with her clothes in it.

ChocoChicken and WavePearl like this.
  15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @122 Generation

(are we ready to go on, or do you want to see Maya grocery shopping?)

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Alex raised a brow at Tala's interjection as she headed towards the register. "...No, really, I'll pay for it myself. But thanks for the offer."
    She wasn't entirely sure where this change in Tala had come from, given her usually quiet self. Did she think Alex was low on money? Was she trying to open up more? Was she trying to get something out of her? What exactly was going on in her head...? Well, Alex definitely knew what was going on in her own, and she quickly put a stop to that before she hit the front of the line.

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    @WavePearl

(Sure, we can see Maya’s grocery adventure, because I’m still ideating Robin’s outfit. Kind of amusing that Robin hasn’t made a promotional video for himself too. That said, @SAF @ChocoChicken @PirateCaptain feel free to write about any slice of life events here)

The thing was that thanks to the multiple campaigns that the Shepherds had waged last year and treasure hunting, Robyn and Robin didn’t need to worry too much yet about money - at least, for their high school years.

Furthermore, in Robin’s case, he had forgotten if he had given an email address to Robyn or not. He knew the Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club would be here just because Robyn told him. But he hadn’t checked his emails yet.

So Robyn ended up going first to Beat Holic to buy a pair of gloves as well as shoes she could comfortably dance in. Then she went to Pixel Dreams to get a Poketto themed belt with a Meloetta on it. Now that seemed to have made the look.

WavePearl likes this.
  18. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @122 Generation

Meanwhile, in the grocery area's produce department, Maya inspected each of the colorful veggies on display. Broccoli works very well for tempura... she thought as she set a bag of broccoli stalks in the cart. Carrots are always good... she thought as a bag of fresh carrots went in the cart. As she continued perusing the produce, she made a mental note to get some chicken--and maybe a treat for herself.

19. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    "Ah yes. Of course" Tala nodded as her smile fade it. She sighed as she went to a bench to sit and wait. She took out her phone and just started chatting with some friends.

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Took me a long time to figure Nora's part out. Apologies. :()

Kai Hansen
    Welp, that was awkward suspicious. Was the jolt even necessary when all he assumed was simply Robyn adding Robin's email to the club's mailing list? It's just like how she added Kai's email even after already having Nora's (and they're actually siblings, mind you). "Bro," Kai hastily fished out his phone and opened Robyn's most recent club-related email. "I meant this," he showed the email to Robin. And about his (Robin's) newly-bought headphones, he (Kai) commented, "Those look good on you both, by the way."

And then it was Kai's turn to pay. Instead of mentioning his wares one by one (a red scarf, a yellow sundress, a white ribbon, a pair of black wedges, and two sets of Royal Memory outfits -- one for each gender), he decided to let Robin see them for himself as he (Kai) took everything out so the cashier lady could do her job.

Nora Hansen Moonlight Waltz -- the go-to brand when it comes to formal (and semi-formal) attire. Tuxedos, dress shirts, evening gowns, dress pants, you name 'em. Right now Nora's adventure brought her to the suit jackets' section of the store. Out of the offered colors, she ended up taking the brown and white ivory ones -- both looked about Kai's size -- with her and making a mental note to see which one he would like better.

And then Nora wandered off to the dresses section. The dresses' models offered by Moonlight Waltz were mostly classic ones catered to various dress codes. Her eyes soon locked on an azure blue evening gown with little dark blue stars scattered on the skirt. However, seeing that it was too big for her, she just stared longingly while wondering if she should try getting something similar in her actual size...

#500 Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022