1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    "Yes yes! Go ahead!" Robyn said excitedly. "If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow your laptop to show off mine."

2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Sure." Following Robyn's (hopefully) peace of mind that she could borrow his laptop later on, Kai went ahead to show the designs off:
    • For Nora, her design looked more like a violin recital poster with flowers in it.
    • For Kai, his design had a more festive vibe with a silhouette of people partying at the bottom.
    • For both, their shared design was basically a starry night sky with a beautiful aurora of some sort.
    Nora then followed this up with an additional explanation: "These are just backgrounds, by the way. We're gonna do a photo shoot after this." It was the very reason why the siblings had his Diamond Prince and her Pearl Princess outfits in their bags.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Kai, Nora, just to clarify - these are backgrounds, and you plan to edit yourself in later?" Alex asked. "Oh, and Maya - I'd vote for the second poster concept, too."

"Really? I liked her third one," Tamal interjected. "If you changed the costume to something you were wearing like that first one, I think the fireworks are a pretty smart addition to make the phoenix and idol themes overlap.

"As for the Hansen sibs, I like what you have so far, but maybe you could do something where the designs could fade into each other? Of course the posters could be separate, but maybe if you lay them side by side they become like a..." He pulled out his phone. "Gimme a minute here... wait no wrong word..."

"A triptych," Alexa finished, putting her own laptop away where she'd just searched up the word.

"Right! That. Of course, the final decision's up to you, but it was just a thought. Like a cool easter egg."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Robyn and Robin took a moment to let Maya catch up with the responses. But as they did, it seemed like Tamal and Alexa were having a similar brainwave. Amused, Robyn subconsciously reached for her support log and began writing in it.

Robin couldn’t help smiling at Robyn. He looked at Kai’s designs. For Kai and Nora both, their styles had different approaches. Then again, it really came down to style which influenced the design of the poster. Whether it was cool, passionate, smiley, and so on.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "M-hm," Nora nodded. While Nora tends to doodle stuff whenever she's bored in classes, none of her doodles were artsy enough to be publicized, hence her voicing it as "Don't think I can draw myself, honestly."

"Well, well, welly well..." Kai muttered as he gave Tamal's idea a thought. Three posters laid side by side was quite one way of an easter egg, especially if the middle poster was the siblings' shared one, so...

"I'll see what I can do."

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @SAF @WavePearl

"Not bad! Not bad at all," Robyn said. "I'm not expert at photo editing, so I may have to get someone from an arts or photography club to do that for me and Robin." However, she decided to show her poster later. It was probably a courtesy for her, as club leader, to let her members show their designs first.

@ChocoChicken @Pirate Captain

She turned to Alexa and Tala (Tamal, she could cut him some slack). "Right! Who wants to show off their design next?"

7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala shook her shoulders. "Well here is my design. I worked hard on it" as she stood up and showed a poster of her with a wolf on it . In a moonlight

WavePearl likes this.
  8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Robyn looked at the poster closely. "Going for the night theme, eh, Tala-chan?" She tried not to say anything that might expose something about Tala, least of all Tala's concerns for her brother. But hey, maybe her brother like wolves.

Robin looked at it too. Was that also a starry sky that echoed the style of Nora and Kai? "That doesn't look bad at all," he remarked. "Why a wolf, though?"

Pirate Captain likes this.
  9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    She shrugged. "I like wolves. They have something that I cant fully describe"

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Sure, Tala's poster was a good one. But what made Kai feel sus was her claim that she made it herself -- a far cry from whatever he'd overheard while passing by her classroom (?) earlier. I mean, what's the point of such vehement claim if, unlike everyone else, she'd practically coerced a random someone to do it for her? Even Maya, with all her three designs, openly admitted that she'd asked for help here and there with no signs of coercing.

Still unaware of her brother's train of thoughts, Nora muttered, "Wolf... moonlight..." as she had a good look at Tala's poster. "...werewolf?" For some reason, the poster itself kick-started her random imagination.

11. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    Tala turned to Nora. ''No, maybe you could see it like that. But truly a wolf howling to the moon, like to gather its family or friends.'' she gave a small smile. Also giving one to Kai, ''You oke Kai? If you do not like it, please say so.'' she gazed down a little.

Oke, she did had to admit, it wasn't fully her own. SHe did make the concept idea, however no one would ever go to that girl. She was sure off it, or else other made sure off it that she didn't say a word. Since a year she made so many so called friends and so many wanted to do everything she said so. However of course there were always rotten apples between them.
    Still she liked to be home, just doing her own thing. So no one could bother her, while still hoping that her brother was still there somehow.

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    "Ooh, 'Werewolf' could be a good stage name, too," Tamal added. "Or just Wolf or something like that."

"It fits with Maya's 'Phoenix' as a mythical animal theme," Alex agreed. "Though I don't know if stage names have to be themed."

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So now Tala's question snapped Kai back to reality. Was he that easy to read anyway? Still, the brunet shook his head and waved it off as "Nah, you're good. Just lost in thoughts, that's all."

And then Tamal's comment saved Kai's butt from trying to not spill the beans. "I do agree with Tamal, though. 'Werewolf' fits you with that poster," the latter mused.

That said, if their stage names had to be themed, Kai's afraid he had to draw a blank. Why? Because the one stage name in mind was actually a play on his -- and Nora's -- surname.

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    @ChocoChicken @SAF

“Oh, not at all!” Robyn said to Alex. “In fact, Robin and I were thinking of going with a duet stage named called ‘Reflet’. That’s anything but a mythical animal.” She looked at her flash drive.

Now that Robyn thought of it, how did she come up with the name 'Reflet', anyway? Of course, she had worked together with Robin to think of the name. In another sense, it was another way of saying 'to reflect', and since Robyn and Robin were the splitting image of each other... No, better not think of that, Robyn thought. The name kind of implied she and Robin were reflections of each other but clearly they weren't related.

@Pirate Captain @WavePearl

To take her mind of things, she looked at Tala’s poster once more. Did Tala really draw this by herself? One day, Robyn would have to ask her where she learned to draw so well. "Anyway, it is up to you to decide what kind of name you'd like."

15. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    @122 Generation

Even Maya was impressed by the drawing. "This is nice! I wish I could draw like that!"

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,634.7
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Now that Robyn mentioned her and Robin's (waitaminute, they're doing what now???) stage name that totally mismatched both Maya's and (potentially) Tala's, Kai let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. "Phew, aight. I'm thinking of 'Han-san' for us two," he turned to Nora with a meaningful smile. "'Han-san'?" the younger sister wondered. Of course curiosity ensued, considering it'd been a passing thought on Kai's part until now. Yet all the big brother said to explain it was, "Y'know, Hansen," with a wink.

And a few moments later, Nora finally got what her brother meant.

17. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    "Its not a werewolf. Just a regular wolf." Tala said again. "Anyway. This was mine. Do ee have more??" As she sat back down with her poster on her lap

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    (I'm reminded of Hanamaru from Love Live Sunshine who also likes doing her own thing alone in the library)
    (Did the stage name shock Kai? :P)

"Han...san?" Like Nora, Robyn was left to think about what Kai could possibly mean by the name. Unlike Nora, Robyn was confused as to why the number 'three' was used. Waitwaitwait - could it mean that there were three 'Hansens'?

She went to Kai's laptop. "Well, if you don't mind, I'd like to show off our designs..." Oh gosh, how was she supposed to explain that both her design and Robin's were on the same flash drive? Well, hopefully that detail it would fly over everyone's heads. "Like Nora-chan, we're going to edit ourselves in these later."

Robyn's design was a glimmering sunset that was setting beneath the ocean on the horizon. If anyone could take a good guess, it was Astra Bay Beach in Aritia.

Robyn's design was simple. It showed her with a stage background complete with diffused light. That embodied what would be cool!

Robin's design was a little more scenic than that - it showed a night scene that was mostly dark except for a city skyline (full of lights) in the background. It looked very similar to the view of Aritia from North Aritia across the water.

For Robyn and Robyn both, they shared a stage, complete with spotlights and stars.

#818 Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Tamal applauded the design at first, but then halfway through his eigth clap he slowed, eyes narrowing, looking down at the posters, then back up at the duo, then down at the posters again, then back and forth. Wait, so Robin and Robyn worked on their posters together? They had two individual and one duo poster, and a shared stage name, like the Hansens who were actually siblings? And they looked almost the exact same? But they weren't even related?

It took him a moment to come to a conclusion. Of course. They were one of those couples that wanted to be matching or something like that, weren't they? That explained everything - at least in his head, it did. A potentially-knowing grin spread across his face - though he caught himself before it quite reached something a little too wide, keeping it small and brief, like someone appreciating a nice poster. Oh, he should probably say that. "They're good posters."

Alex, who had stamped out any even vaguely gossipy topics about the Robiyns from her head long ago, only gave his remark a thoughtful nod. "I like the natural photoshoot approach you're taking with these. Especially since you're the club leader... leaders maybe, depending on if Robin gets that ranking from sharing a stage name. I think it's a nice contrast to the rest of us."

#819 Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  20. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    "Alright. Not bad at all" Tala said whilr nodding inspecting the poster