1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @SAF

Robin said to Maya, "Take your time, Maya-chan. Even I think I'll need some time to think over what to perform, but at least we'll save a spot for you. We have a few days to think it over, but we may need to send in our songs to Robyn by the end of the week. It will not be long before our next performance is coming up."

He was also amused by Tamal's exaggerrated response to Kai. Why wasn't Tamal part of the drama club, Robin wondered. "Now that you mention it..." he muttered to Tamal. "Why not do two group songs?" Thinking about Robyn, however, he decided to scratch her off for a solo performance until she felt better. Maybe Robyn needed a while to calm down before performing again.
    Robin then said, "So there are two spots left, if we do the two group songs together. Any takers for the last two? I think Robyn could wait a little bit."
    What Robin wrote 1. Kai - with Alex and Tamal (Polygonal)
    2. Robin - with Robyn? (Reflet)
    3. Robyn? - solo?
    4. Maya - solo? (Phoenix)
    6. Group - Nora
    7. Group - Alex

2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Alex, who'd kept an eye over at Robin's paper as he updated it, half-raised a hand for a moment. "Just want to note the first song might be more Han-san than Polygonal, you know? It is Kai's song after all. Though I guess it is just Kai without Nora."

"Speaking of Polygonal-" Tamal started. "I was thinking of doing this song as a duo number. Though since we're already doing a different number together, I don't mind if one of the other girls - or guys, if they can make a good attempt - takes on the higher voice in this."

"Hey, if someone else takes on the song, I could try my hand at the piano part," Alex said. "That way we can still debut properly as Polygonal, but it'll still be your debut, and someone else can take the vocal spotlight. It's just some chords is all - I can take it, Kai, don't worry about that."

(Yes, I'm goin for this song, sue me. And with no misunderstandings, the song is perfectly clean, not even a "damn" or "hell". It's not even as depressing as most of Alex's picks LMAO)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF, 122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seems like the exaggeration on Tamal's part earned even more laughter from Kai. Although, the latter gotta admit that the former's gremlin energy would be perfect for the Turkish March mini-drama's tone. And as soon as the laughter died down, Kai nodded to Alex as he wasn't sure what to say.

Speaking of Han-san though, seems like Nora had another idea. "Nii-chan," the first-year girl grabbed her brother's arm to get his attention. "Can we do Axium Crisis, please? Or maybe Last?" she practically begged at this point. The songs she was talking about actually came from Arkea with the latter having two versions of lyrics as well as an instrumental version. "Last... Moment or Eternity?" "Dunno!" I mean, for what it's worth, they could've make do with just Last -- the instrumental version.

And then Kai facepalmed.

(The songs in question:
    Yeah, I'm still torn between those songs.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #923 Dec 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    @ChocoChicken @SAF @WavePearl

Something in the back of Robin's mind told him to write out the stage names too, so that's what he did. He smiled to himself when he wrote on the first line 'Han-san ft. Polygonal', as if Polygonal was getting a small part. On top of Polygonal, he added that name onto the bottom line too, just before the group performances. "If it's not just 'Han-san', I can do Big Han-san.”

Then he scribbled in Nora’s suggestion over her potential performance with her brother. Honestly, they were an adorable pair, weren’t they? Kai was lucky (the banter reminded Robin of Morgan, after all).

“Okay then. We have until the day of the next performance to decide our songs,” he said, looking at Maya and Nora in particular. “It won’t be long before we’re on stage! So make sure you’ve got everything worked out. If there’s dancing involved, make sure to plan accordingly!”
    What Robin wrote 1. Kai - with Alex and Tamal (Big Han-san ft. Polygonal)
    2. Robin - with Robyn? (Reflet)
    3. Robyn? - solo? Nora - with Kai (Han-san)
    4. Maya - solo? (Phoenix)
    5. Tamal - duo? (Rising Star Capella)
    6. Group - Nora (Small Han-san)
    7. Group - Alex (Ch1ptune)

#924 Dec 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl

"Oh, Maya," Kai turned to the older brunette upon remembering that she hadn't decided on her song yet. "If you need a partner, just say the word, okay?" he said. By "partner", it didn't have to be Kai -- anyone with the skillset Maya might need could do.

6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

Maya smiled at her classmate's offer. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm leaning towards another solo."

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    "Ah, I do have one last request!" Alex spoke up quickly, looking over the schedule. "Would it be okay if Tamal and my duo number first? That way, I can use the keyboard before Kai needs it, and we won't have to move it for a while. Oh, and Nora, I personally would vote for Last Moment over Last Eternity, if you're conflicted."

Seeing as none of the others wanted to join the number, it looked like the song would end up being only a duet between the Polygonal duo. In that case, knowing her own limitations, the keyboard wouldn't come in until the instrumental section - but it also meant she could focus on adding a potential descant over the track.

Though that left the problem of Tamal. She knew that Tamal could play a little guitar, but unless he borrowed Robin's - or was that Robyn's guitar? - before the performance he wouldn't be quite able to join in the instrumental section, given that he didn't own one of his own. That would be a problem if he didn't have something to fill the sections where neither of them sang.

8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    "Perfectly possible! And it might be more efficient. Let me write this in..." Robin said. As he erased and then wrote down his corrections, he looked at Alexa. "Say, if you want someone to accompany you, I can volunteer," he offered. Then he paused briefly. "Uh... Is there something you need, Alexa-chan?"

What Robin wrote 1. Tamal and Alex - with Robin (Polygonal ft. Reflet)
    2. Kai - with Alex and Tamal (Big Han-san ft. Polygonal)
    3. Robin - with Robyn? (Reflet)
    4. Robyn? - solo? Nora - with Kai (Han-san)
    5. Maya - solo (Phoenix)
    5. Tamal - duo? (Rising Star Capella)
    6. Group - Nora (Little Han-san)
    7. Group - Alex (Ch1ptune)

#928 Dec 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Alexa paused, exchanging a look with Tamal and motioning for him to come over - this was his number, after all. She may have had more experience arranging and choreographing performers than he did, but the creative direction was up to him. "Right. Robin, you should know that you'll be singing the second verse for this number - and during that last chorus, you can take the lower voice, since Tamal mentioned that he would like to show off his higher range. But when it comes to the instrumental section..."

"Actually, don't worry about me, I have an idea for that part. The two of you can play something during that section." Tamal said. "It would be awkward for Robin to just stand onstage, and he probably has more experience with the guitar after all. Oh, wait, I should ask - Robin, would you be okay with taking on the guitar part for this song, at least during the instrumental?"

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    @ChocoChicken

Robin scratched his head. "O...kay? Let me know when to come in. If you would like me to do harmony, I can accommodate - and sing and play at the same time." Looking at Tamal, he said, "Sure, if you'd like me to do some guitar, I can lend a hand too. Sounds like you could use some filler, eh? You might as well dance to it."

WavePearl likes this.
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @122 Generation @WavePearl

"Huh?" While Kai had no qualms on the song order switch, Nora had her doubts about her chosen song that was definitely not because of the lyrics. "But I can't sing while playing violin..." she lamented. Due to the violinist's posture while playing, classically trained players like Nora would find it hard to sing and play at the same time. Band fiddlers, however, is a different story.

So now the siblings had three options:
    • Ask someone, preferably the soprano ones, to sing the song for them ("Maybe it'd be nice if Maya or Chief can sing it for us...") ; or
    • Have Kai sing it himself but with the whole song pitched down to match his bass-baritone voice ("Huh?" "I mean, I could sing it myself, but we'll need to pitch the music down by an octave.") ; or
    • Just do the instrumental version ("Or... maybe we can just do Last?").

#931 Dec 30, 2022
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  12. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

Maya happened to overhear the conversation--orchestral violinists didn't usually dance. (Ireland counterpart) fiddlers and mountain music performers, meanwhile, were another story.

"If you have the song in question up on Ebuto, I'll take a listen for you."

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seems like Naga herself had overheard the siblings' plight and decided to spur Maya to help out (?). Nora did a quick search for the song and showed it to Maya:

14. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

The fractal-like animations spurred an idea for Maya. How could we recreate those fractals with our lights? Ask the computer club to make some custom ones? In color?

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (I'm afraid Maya might be missing the point here.)

"Well?" Kai turned to Maya as she listened to the song. "Can you sing it (on the stage) for us, please?" he requested. "Nii-chan can't sing that high and I can't sing while playing," Nora added. "So please..."

16. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

Maya thought for a moment. "I may be able to do one better--assuming I can find a chord chart and tab for it."

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Hmm..." "Uh..."

The siblings turned to each other with some degree of doubt ensuing in their heads. Since they originally didn't factor guitars in when Nora came up with the song, they weren't sure if they could pull this off without Maya unnecessarily hijacking the music. Well, at least that's how her offer came off to the siblings.

"Highly doubt that's gonna work, honestly," the elder brother finally addressed Maya's offer. "We're planning to do this with violin and piano. All we need for now is a vocalist."

#937 Dec 30, 2022
  18. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF

"Fair enough." Maya replied. "I can probably learn it on my own time, for now.

19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    @SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

(There is no 'Ireland' in this world, so to speak, since this world uses Fire Emblem as a basis. Not even Japan is mentioned! Best to use something more abstract)

Robin was glad how things were playing out and he chuckled at Nora's protest about playing violin and singing at the same time. Even he knew it was impossible!

"Maya-chan..." he said to Maya. "If anything, you could always play bass notes instead of lead guitar notes. That is, if our Hansen siblings are okay with it. They will still count on your vocal support, if you can!"

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Once again, the siblings turned to each other. Robin did have a point there. If Maya could play a bass in addition to her guitar skills, his idea would be workable.

So both Nora and Kai nodded in agreement.