1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Thanks both of you. Like I said im open for a 1x1 but for now no groups anymore
    Lets just rp Tala has to move away suddenly

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    And then when Robyn hears of it, she suddenly becomes sad and the others have to lift her mood. So Tala will still be around... in spirit!

3. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    Im fine with that. Do I need to make a final post??

ChocoChicken and 122 Generation like this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Go for it! And it's probably better so that Tala doesn't instantly vanish for some reason.

5. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    At times I shall post a letter towards the club. Also @SAF I know the feeling. Even though im no longer in the group I shall say. Take ys time. Rl is more important and take ya time

122 Generation, WavePearl and SAF like this.
  6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Agreed! We're here for you @SAF

And an occasional letter from Tala is more than welcome.

Pirate Captain and WavePearl like this.
  7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Ok y'all you thought I was indecisive before? I'm only going to make it MORE indecisive.

One of Alex's performances may use her unused first meeting song, that being One Perfect Moment (Bring it On), which is a more idk Angelic song I guess? I could cut this and do the other two, which are both group performances, also from various musicals.

First is When the Chips are Down (Hadestown), a women's trio number + one line from a soloist.
    The song itself is super catchy but cynical - "aim for the heart/ shoot to kill/ if you don't do it, then the other one will". And thankfully I don't think it spoils anything because Hadestown is great and you should go find some uhhh... slime tutorials and definitely not reuploads of them.
    I'm not great with instruments, but I think aside from the brass and percussion which can be handwaved as an instrumental track, there's violin, acoustic guitar, and piano all present, which is good for the Hansens and Maya.

Then there's Six or Megasix from... Six (take a shot of water every time I say the word), which takes on more of a pop tone, and has six singers.
    Like B2SM, this could fall in with Kai and Nora's (and potentially Maya's) possible historical buff by reimagining historical figures as pop idols. However, it is a six-part song, and I would be concerned that not everyone would be into performing this number, thus having less than the required six singers. Also, while the original six queens are all women, a masculine voice that's high enough could take one of the lower parts (Anna of Cleves, voice 4, or Catherine Parr, voice 6, pitched down an octave.)
    Both songs contain six solos, but while Megasix is a medley of multiple solo songs (little less than 2 minutes), Six is a much longer song (4 minutes) with the solos making up the first two verses, while the rest of the song is sung in unison with some harmonies along the way.

None of these songs have to be for the next concert, anyway. As for Tamal I have a piece planned for him. I can even have Alex and Tamal perform entirely as a duo instead, if that's preferred?

..y'all's thoughts? I know what I want for Alex's final performance, but not the next (2nd) one.

(All links above are lyric videos. Everything should be okay, though Megasix has a "go to hell" in it if that's too inappropriate.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Oh no!! Indecisiveness is consuming Choco's mind!

In this RP, I'll make an allowance for mild lyrics (kind of like any given rated T/13+ video game). That said, Six is quite catchy. I don't mind a longer song as I will try to keep a limit on the amount of songs in the performance. Now, there happens to be exactly six members in the club who could perform all six parts if they're all up for it - otherwise there could simply be singers covering multiple parts. I don't think Robyn or Robin would mind.

I haven't thought of a plan for Robyn's final performance either. Maybe I might just use MELODY (the song I brought up as an OP from earlier. That said, it turns out a shortened version of the song already exists in live performance!)

SAF, WavePearl and ChocoChicken like this.
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,610.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Just to clarify, is this Alex backing out from Kai's song? I can have Nora take over if that's the case. :thumbsup:

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    Oh, she isn't - just motioning for Robin to change the notes. But if you'd prefer that Nora sings instead of Alex, I can have that arranged as well, by saying that Alex would be too busy choreographing the group number instead.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,610.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Actually, nah. Alex can keep her part, I'll just have Nora come up with a different song for Han-san instead. And by Robin changing the notes...?

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    I was mostly referring to the text in the "What Robin wrote" bracket there when it came to that. Hope that clears stuff up?

122 Generation and SAF like this.
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,610.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yep, it's clear now. :thumbsup:

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,610.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Random question to @122 Generation: Out of the RP so far, which parts of it do you think would make it into either Robyins' support logs? Iirc we have Tala-Robyn when Tala spilled the beans about her missing brother, Tala-Nora when Tala (again) brought the wrong outfit for the club's debut, Nora-Alex when Alex gave Nora her three-weeks-late birthday gift, maybe some of the siblings' banters (though idk if either Robyins wrote that down), what else?

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    Great question! There are a few occasions....

1. Group - Every club meeting
    2. Group - Nora's birthday (p7)
    3. Tala-Robyn - That time when Tala told Robyn about her brother and the other part of the conversation (p19)
    4. Nora-Alex - Alexa's three-weeks-late birthday gift (p23)
    5. Nora-Robyn - Picking out clothes (p26)
    6. Tala-Nora - That time when Tala brought the wrong outfit (and Robyn writing in her log that time) (p28)
    7. Group - Who's your OTP? (p36)
    8. Alex-Tamal - That time when Tamal slapped Alexa in the face (p37)
    9. Alex-Tamal - Some poster banter (p41)
    10. Alex-Tamal - More poster banter (p42)
    11. Kai-Robyn - On Tala (p43)
    12. Group - Tala's departure (p45)
    13. Nora-Kai - Tala's departure (p45)
    14. Nora-Kai - Banter (p47)

ChocoChicken and SAF like this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,610.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Random question: Is it possible to only change the vocal's pitch while keeping the music intact? Or would it sound weird?

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,438.5
    If you mean changing octaves, it is possible, though it will stick out to listeners. However, it is 'acceptable' since it doesn't sounds off-key (I've done it before), but usually singers try to stay in the same range for a given song.

SAF likes this.
  18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,610.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

Whelp, one question about these:

Can anyone hear some guitar in that song (Last Moment from Arcaea)? Or can anyone find any chord charts and tabs for it?

19. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    @SAF

(If there's not any out there in real life, we can assume at least one chart is out there in universe.)

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,610.6
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case, is Maya planning to guitarify everything she sings? I edited my latest post to have Kai properly deal with that.