1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 12, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Ha. Not at all. Dump as much as you can handle! Just be sure you don't forget how your concepts and plans will go - in case if you forget about them down the road.

Honestly, I would like what you have in mind later... but don't spill them (yet!).

ChocoChicken, SAF and WavePearl like this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    @122 Generation Right. Just say the world and I'll give you my thoughts, then!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @ChocoChicken

Aha. Well, surprise me! Just insert it in whenever you feel the time is right - and don't forget the idea either! And the OCs too. I'm more than open to that. Just make sure it's enough that you can handle.

I suppose for the record and for @SAF we can say that the parts have been posted and the play will occur after the third performance.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    All right. Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any, cause I think I'll probably build up their issues throughout the third performance and (hopefully) resolve just before the Scramble...

Oh, and since I'm a little nervous that their problems might get more emotional than some of the other embarrassing secrets and issues, just let me know if I should ever tone it down, @122 Generation (and the rest of y'all.) You get the veto power in this case.

...I hope me posting this doesn't worry the other users, I'm not gonna make it that harsh. Of course given the setting and the RP tone itself, it definitely will not get as dark as Xuehua's storyline (and Luminous but that goes without saying). I'm thinking it will mostly remain below the line of Tala's own storyline. No parental abuse or anything like that, just teenagers and their worries.

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @ChocoChicken

That said, if there's anything the club can help to sort out their problems (hopefully) before the Scramble, then fire away. If it gets too emotional, then I'll be the judge of that although it probably couldn't get as emotional as Robyn's struggles with trauma in the fic. But yes, the RP's tone is meant to be light... Just teenagers each with their problems.

Certainly not as problematic as facing off against a dragon with the power to destroy the world.

WavePearl likes this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Random brain dumps of the day:

Brain dump #1 One missed opportunity for Kai's previous performance: Super Turkish March Owata.

It could've been a better alternative to the other versions of Turkish March Owata because Gackpo's voice fits Kai much better than Miku's and Haku's (as in the Vocaloid / Uta-loid). Plus, Nora could've done the backing vocal part which is, basically, Rin and Miku trolling Gackpo big time and I think a sister trolling her brother would be fun. :D

Brain dump #2 About Corrin and Kamui, I've been randomly thinking of expanding their backstory akin to Sket Dance's Sasuke-Yuusuke situation...
    ...in which Corrin and Kamui are actually a pair of long lost twins whose birth parents passed away when they were babies (with Mikoto most likely died during childbirth). The two of them were then adopted by different family friends: Kamui coming with Sumeragi and Corrin with Garon. I'm going by the assumption that both Sumeragi and Garon are living humans with their respective first wives (Ikona and Katerina respectively) being alive and a modern take on Garon's scandal being a tale for another time because there's no Valla shenanigans here.
    Any thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #486 Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I would imagine it would be payback from Nora to Kai for the several times he has teased her. And I see what you mean there, with Kai's voice fitting in this song (Uta-loid style, of course). You know, I bet Robyn would accompany Nora in backing up Nora with the vocals.
    At the moment still, the backstory for Corrin and Kamui is still deeply uncharted territory for me! Let alone their homelands. So long as it's something sensible that fits within the fic's universe, I'm all for that. But oh gosh, getting Sumeragi and Garon involved will be getting even deeper uncharted territory :P

I should condense this somewhere in the first post to gather my thoughts...

And this will be me writing Kamui in-character and in-universe for the first time!!

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Ahahahah, so that means Robyn would be the Miku to Nora's Rin and Kai's Gackpo~ :D

Also, more rambling ahoy~
    Continuing my previous brain dump:
    By the time Xander and Ryoma introduced their siblings to each other, I'd imagine everyone thought Corrin and Kamui fell in love with each other at the first sight. But here's the catch: no one knew they're actually twins until their respective parents told them about it and the so-called "having a crush" feeling that ensued was actually their "twin link" brainwaves resurfacing for the first time in forever.
    Should it actually happen, will there be a chance of Azura and/or Shigure coming? :hello:

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I do have a Miku song lined up for Robyn eventually, so you're not far off! Poor Kai.
    Oh dear. Imagine the ensuing chaos that would follow when you realise your 'lover' is actually your twin. Maybe I should write a fic about that :P That said, I really should jot these details somewhere...

For the Shirasagi concernt, I figured this would also be the best chance for Azura and Shigure showing up, actually!

Aside: I've uploaded the chapter of the fic that features the confession scene! Hard to believe it's been four months ago since I've mentioned it. It also happens on the equivalent of Valentine's Day :P

SAF and WavePearl like this.
  10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Literally this image came to mind when I read that :)

SAF likes this.
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Ahahah, spot on! :D
    Too bad Kamui left though, it could've been a teasing material for Meru (and potentially for the club too). Maybe next time then. ;)

Anywho, if Kamui is about as old as Robyn who is a third-year here, should we make Hinoka a fourth-year in her school? Or maybe a freshman in uni because I highly doubt Ryoma would be one? I'm not talking about Corrin and Camilla yet btw.

12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF

Ooh. Hold that thought on the teasing material. That's an idea I'd like to see when there's a chance. Maybe next meeting.

I ran with the assumption that Ryoma and Xander are in their second year, at least. For Hinoka, she can be a fourth-year, yes, and it would be easier to integrate her in the context of a high school setting. No ideas for Camilla yet - can't imagine what they would be like

Added a few more descriptions for Byakuya-shi in the first post.

WavePearl and SAF like this.
  13. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Are you stil doing with the letter or not??

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    I think the letter will show up once the meeting is over, but that's still gonna be a while haha

122 Generation and SAF like this.
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Tala mailed her letter while the meeting was ongoing, and the current day when she mailed the letter is almost done. It'll show up at Robyn's mailbox, so I'll ping you once it's there :)

Pirate Captain, SAF and WavePearl like this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Okay, I'm done with my post. Took me awhile for this one. Apologies. :(

Also, I see a Nora cameo in the fic, huh? Didn't expect Ava to come along tbh. :hello:

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF

Hey! You noticed!! (Even though that cameo was a single sentence, so good eye) Now if you have Nora, you might as well bring Ava along. ;)

That reminds me, I should mention Robyn's Meloetta doll sometime.
    Cue a possible music video session...

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Ahahah, aye. Don't wanna spoil that for AO3 readers out there tho. ;)

Yup yup. Expect it to pop up in Kyoukai and/or 9thchild channel(s) (most likely 9thchild) sometime. :thumbsup:

@WavePearl @ChocoChicken

And before I forget, if any of your characters happens to be in Amatsu Park on that particular Saturday, feel free to pop in~

19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Agreed! Don't think any AO3 reader would be aware that some ideas were directly sourced from this RP. ^_^

I have to remind myself that Robyn either shares Robin's channel or that she runs the club channel all by herself...

Writing currently in progress - but it's a little tough when partially sick. And then there's the fic on top of that, which is ever getting closer to the RP in-game calendar.

SAF likes this.
  20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Don't forget health comes first, all right? Wishin ya a fast recovery.
    I'll probably make a post soon and by soon I mean before the week ends, but I've got stuff coming up so I'll be a bit slow.

122 Generation and SAF like this.