1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 12, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @ChocoChicken @SAF @WavePearl

My coughing finally stopped. That took a while!

I uploaded the chapter in the fic that describes the part where Robyn and the Shepherds attempt to save the world. It makes me wonder: where do you think your characters were or what were they doing during the crisis?

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @122 Generation

Depending on how the news was reporting it, Maya would be following the news very closely from the safety of a bunker.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Iirc, according to the fic, the evacuation points around Iris-shi are Iris-shi Station, Marth Stadium, Goldenrod Square, and a shelter east of Gartenstadt. I'd say the Hansens would be in the Marth Stadium with Nora taking both Ava and her bro's MK plush with her. For "extra cuddles" as she worded it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Alex would probably get together with her friends one last time before the world ends - the quartet, plus her younger sibling and their best friend. Whether that is in a bunker or if where she's from hasn't quite adapted to the circumstances and they're just remaining at home, she would probably be checking up over all of them, trying to get everything right before it all goes down, probably wishing there was something she could do to make everything at least a little better. She wouldn't take it well but she would do everything in her power to make sure it's only her getting the worst of it.

Tamal would definitely still be worried about the whole thing, but constantly trying his best to keep spirits high. He'd be watching over Sonali most of all, seeing as she's a close family member atop being a friend. Of course, he'd never let the others know about his last regrets going down, even if that meant they would go unspoken eternally, only just kind of nodding along and agreeing with the others if any of them made any last confessions and the like, and mostly being there to try and make sure their possibly last moments aren't something they go out regretting.

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    It's quite interesting to see where everyone is at during an apocalypse! I have to be reminded that Alex and Tamal haven't come to Iris-shi yet, though they'll probably still see the meteors plummeting to the earth. So I would guess that Maya would have been safely transported from one of the evacuation points too.

I wouldn't have expected Nora to have brought along the borb though, but totally understandable why - when chaos is rampant :)

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @WavePearl

I showed this to SAF and Choco already, but you may as well see it: it's a map of Iris-shi.
    [​IMG]
    I removed this labels, but you could probably guess which place is where.

Also @SAF @ChocoChicken I have to get this off my chest. I'm reconsidering Ylisstol High School as having three years of study instead of four. Not that it impacts the RP much, but it would mean Robyn would be starting her last year of school if that were the case.

#506 May 8, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
    WavePearl and ChocoChicken like this.
  7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case... the same goes for Robin and Kai too, right? And she'd be in the club for only a year, right? o.O

8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Yup… I guess when you put it that way, it’s a little bittersweet, isn’t it? :(

And then I have to reconcile that with everyone's ages (ie minimum age would have been 15) but I think I won't hold that too tightly. I’ll just take it as is.

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And how about Haku -- Kai's singing coach? I previously made him a fourth-year. What should I do with him?

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Haku could be a nearby college first-year maybe?
    I don't mind the change. Alex and Tamal are both second-year so it won't change much, and so are most of their friends.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Ack. I've really been lagging behind on posts (when I've been overwhelmed and fatigued again... :( )

Now that is a good question. I think Choco is on to something in that Haku could be a college student. That, or maybe he could be a 'fourth-year' in a separate school system (like Shirasagi or Krakenburg) that is not like Ylisstol High's.

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Come to think of it, I did say that Haku was a transfer student from Shirasagi High to Ylisstol High. Might as well say that Choco's idea is worth considering.

WavePearl likes this.
  13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF

Or how about this? Haku could be an intern at Shirasagi High and has briefly transferred the internship to Ylisstol High? That could be a possible loophole.

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    That, or he's a Shirasagi High graduate and now works as an intern at Ylisstol High?

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Very possible! And feasible. We can run with that, if you like.

WavePearl likes this.
  16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    cc: @SAF @ChocoChicken

I've added labels to the map of Iris-shi to give an idea where Maya is. As you can see, Goldenrod Square is all the way to the left and Amatsu Park is on the other side. So if Maya were to meet up with the club, she would have to take two buses (via Iris-shi Station).

You can also see Ylisstol High School right in the middle and Robin's home (which is the slightly better drawn house).

It also makes me curious as to where your characters live in the city.
    [​IMG]

#516 May 16, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
    SAF likes this.
  17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @122 Generation

(It's a little small...any way you could make it bigger or a way to zoom in on it?)

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @WavePearl

Okay, it's been resized. See what you think.

As I was saying, the movie theatre is in Goldenrod Square on the left.

If you squint, you can see Robin's home just underneath the respective label.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @122 Generation

I can see it now--thanks!

I can see why Maya would have to take two busses to get there, but would there be a reason to meet up with the club besides just to say hello?

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Glad the map is showing as it should!

Try this. Since it is technically lunchtime and it is summer, perhaps Maya would make an effort to grab lunch there? It might also be a way to get the club together.

Now I'm imaging there would be specialty food stalls open in Amatsu Park (like takoyaki, chilled desserts, and so on) only in the summer.