1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 12, 2022.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    In that case, I guess I'd like to specify that Alex usually wears her uniform, although she would probably trade the skirt for a long pants-version of the uniform. She'd be wearing Ylisstol's uniform - I haven't 100% made up my mind on where she's from.

Though on a tangential note, I might incorporate her old friends (her old club that is, mentioned in her bio) showing up at the Summer Scramble when that comes around, if that's all right?

(Double side note - I won't lie, I'm a little tempted to add in another character halfway through the semester (one of Alex's mentioned friends), but I can definitely understand if it's probably too late for that. I might not end up going through with it anyway even if it was added in so don't worry too much about it, ajsfkdjs. For now I'll definitely still keep it as just Alex.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    @ChocoChicken

Whelp. She could definitely trade the skirt for the pants of the boys' uniform. Perhaps the school could tailor one just for her. No rush in deciding where she has to be from.

Want to incorporate her old friends at the Summer Scramble? Approved! Might as well make it an episode while at the festival.

What's the character? Let's see it. I'm sure Robyn would love more members in the club that she could possibly ship.

3. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Is there btw some kind of difference between first year. Second year etc in the uniform? Like certain colors

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    @PirateCaptain

Haha I never thought about that and considered all uniforms at Ylisstol High School to be the same colours across all years. Perhaps there can be a slight difference between lower division (first and second years) and upper division (third and fourth years). Else, everyone wears the same colours.

@SAF @ChocoChicken @WavePearl Any thoughts?

5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @122 Generation

Maybe each year has different colored trim, or an emblem of some kind?

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    122 Generation likes this.
  7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    Thinking back on this, I’ll make it so that all Ylisstol High students wear the same basic uniform…

With the only difference being first and second years wear a dominant yellow-with-blue trim and third and fourth years wear a blue-with-yellow trim (like on sleeves or their their bows/ties/ribbons).

How it would be different between boys and girls… I can’t think of that at the moment.

With regards to an emblem, perhaps their school year (labeled as I, II, III, or IV) can be an emblem pinned to one of their sleeves.

ChocoChicken, SAF and WavePearl like this.
  8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    @122 Generation @SAF @WavePearl @PirateCaptain
    Ok y'all, remember when I mentioned a potential second character I might want to add (still unsure on that front, but just want to check with the rest of the team first!) about... two days ago? Anyway, here's that character! (I've already run him by 122, just to clarify)

Name: Tamal Mallik

Age: 15 and also a few months, with his birthday being August 1st. (For simplicity's sake I'll say Alexa just turned 16 before the first meeting, these two are supposed to be born in the same year.)

Appearance: A bit taller than Alex, and quite a bit stockier. Brown-skinned and brown-haired (his hair is darker). He wears the uniform as everyone else does, although he doesn't always tuck his shirt in, and he prefers shorts over long pants if he can help it.

Bio: Tamal is one of Alex's friends from her previous school - he was a member of the club, too, alongside his cousin Sonali. Halfway through the school year, he found himself transferring for the same reasons she did, with his parents and himself finding better opportunities in Iris-shi, and with that their old club is split in two. Oh well, at least he's back with Alex and some new friends!
    Personality wise, Tamal is energetic and outgoing, if a little reckless and impulsive. He's a daring type with a bit of a playful side, prone to a little bit of chaos and devil-may-care attitude. He's also a bit of a jokester, and generally is someone who tries not to let anything keep him or his friends down. Some that are only acquainted with him will see him as confident if a little cocky, but that's all surface-level, and he knows when to tone it down.

Style: Okay when it comes to him I have genuinely NO idea. I guess maybe a sort of rock star kind of vibe mixed with the traditional kind of idol? Tamal will wear and perform basically anything so long as it's got a good beat to it.

Abilities: Outside of being blessed with a great range for his signature treble belting, Tamal is also athletically gifted, particularly in speed and dexterity - however, though he keeps in shape, it's entirely for his passion of the performing arts, and he doesn't particularly pursue any sport. He also has a knack for mathematics, though the sciences outside of physics confuse him, and he despises writing. He knows some electric guitar, though like Alex he's a vocalist first and foremost. Finally, he sees himself as a bit of a comedian, even though some of his friends basically never laugh at anything he says. Oh well, he'll get 'em next time.

Theme colour: Chartreuse - 84FF00. (It's a much yellower, lighter green compared to Nora's.)

Embarrassing secret/Internal struggle (like Alex I just dumped all his problems here): Tamal will literally never speak about his problems in depth if he can help it, preferring to just brush it aside as a joke until far too much pressure builds up on him, and even then he prefers to snap in private. He has a bit of an inferiority complex, often worrying that he's not pulling his weight enough, or that he's causing problems, or that he's just not as talented as his peers are. He also is struggling to figure out his own future, and is quite prone to dread if he's left alone with the question of what he's going to do - though of course, he just brushes it off if anyone asks. If his problems just build up too much, and he's forced to face them, he often ends up lashing out emotionally, regretting it afterwards.
    On a lighter note, he can't keep tidy to save his life. He somehow doesn't manage to lose anything in the mess of his lockers, room, et cetera, though that's not too much an embarrassment to him, in fact he's quite open about it.

For when he'll be added, for now I want to wait at least until the first performance is done before he joins. If anyone doesn't want me adding Tamal in later in the RP or something - for any reason whatsoever, now's your time to speak up! I don't want to step on anyone's metaphorical feet here, and I am totally fine with keeping it to just Alex while Tamal makes a cameo at the Scramble or something.

122 Generation and SAF like this.
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    No idea what treble belting is or how it works, but yay, more boys~ :D

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    And more shipping options for Robyn maybe.

By the way! Can we write down for the record when each characters’ birthdays are again? I really should have added this to the OC form earlier…

(Robyn and Robin’s birthday is on October 20)

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Iirc,
    • Maya: July 20
    • Alex: April 3
    • Tala: February 14 (@PirateCaptain?)
    • Nora: April 23
    • Kai: August 17
    • Tamal: August 1

#131 Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  12. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    Can Tala get a crush on Tamal??

Well since she is based on me only in a way better and more fantasy way
    I give her my own birthday
    February 14th

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken?

Aight. Added to the list. :thumbsup:

By the way @122 Generation, this might be unrelated to the RP itself, but now that you mentioned Aritia's university in the fic, would the Shepherds end up bumping into Xander and/or Ryoma sometime before/after their mission?

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    Ooh. Wonder if Robyn can jump on a shipping opportunity…

I haven’t published that part yet, but I can modify it and make it happen! All that remains is to decide what the interaction will be like. And they would have to meet before the mission.

I need to think about it…
    They will not reappear at the university after the mission, but somewhere else close by.

Edit: I’ll make it so that everyone is lost so the pair have to show them around the campus.

#134 Sep 23, 2022
    SAF and Pirate Captain like this.
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    It’s posted on AO3, and mentioned in the first post of this OOC thread. (Flip back to the first page)

I think typing in ‘Ylisstol High School’ on a search might also work…

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Hello again! I'm glad to see everyone's liking Tamal. I guess that means he probably might enter later on? I'll work out the specifics with 122 asjkfd

@PirateCaptain Ahaha, sure! Do be warned though, I'm not exactly the best romance writer, so it might come off a little lukewarm on my end. Even so, I'm completely fine with the relationship though, regardless of what happens with it in-character and where you/Tala want to take it (if it's just feelings or if it becomes somethin more)!

#136 Sep 23, 2022
  17. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @122 Generation

(Found the fic, and couldn't help but smile at the Phoenix Quest references. Requested an invite to AO3 while I was at it so I can share my Pokémon theaterverse there.)

122 Generation likes this.
  18. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    @ChocoChicken I am also awful with writing romance. Even more with the pg13 rule here lol. But for now lets say Crush and see where it goes

122 Generation and ChocoChicken like this.
  19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And now I can't help but to imagine Maya and Nowi bonding over Phoenix Quest. :D

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  20. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @SAF @122 Generation

(I would love to see this--being a completionist, Maya is hurrying to 100% VIII before IX releases--she has 100% files on the other seven games too)

SAF and 122 Generation like this.