1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Is Ash's Journey Coming to an End?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eeveeongirl, Jul 31, 2016.

1. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    So I keep up with the XY anime because I actually find it really good and possibly on par with the original Pokémon show from the 90's and 2000's. But while I do this I tend to look ahead at the translated episode titles for Pokémon that haven't been released in english and, as this topic will be dealing with, completely unaired episodes. So before continuing....SPOILER WARNING! If you are watching Pokémon XY (XYZ) and don't want to know even an episode title do not read further.

So for anyone still reading I was looking way ahead to the Kalos League which has recently begun airing in Japan. I read the episode titles not seeing anything too unexpected until I came to the translated title of episode XY:131 "Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Greatest Decisive Battle!" At which point I nearly did a spit take.
    Now, I am only speculating but this title makes it sound like Ash is going to win the Kalos League. Other episodes already show he is going to the finals so if I'm reading this right Ash is going to win the whole shebang. I pondered this for a bit and wondered what that meant for the show. Would Ash still be the main character if he won? Are we getting a new character for Alola? The show has never had him win a league before (not including the Frontier or Orange Islands) and its that fact that makes it feel like his journey won't be done until he does win. So what will happen should he win? We won't know if he does until the episode airs in Japan on August 18th or November for the English dub.
    Don't get me wrong, I would not mind a new character to replace Ash, but I would also miss him I think if he left after 20 seasons. And I have no idea who would replace him. But what do you all think? Would his win mean his journey's end? Will he even win? Who would replace him?

2. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I am not really sure if Ash's journey will come to an end, because he is such an iconic character. Also, in the new movie, he does interact with a new Pokémon Magearna, so maybe this foreshadows his journey to the Alola region.

As for a new character, I've somewhat been thinking about it as well. I will miss Ash though, but it would be interesting to see which trainer they will incorporate. An original anime exclusive or a trainer from the Alola region? I'm not sure. Perhaps they could place two journeys like they did with Alain (and Mairin) with Team Flare, but put this new journey at the start of the season.

I do have to agree with you on one thing though: The XY anime was in fact good! I really enjoyed a lot of the episodes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    I was actually just having this conversation with somebody, and I think that there is no better time than the present to end Ash's time with the Pokémon anime. He's in a good spot to win it all, and if he wins it all, he can finally stop adventuring. His team is far better than it has ever been before, he has a romantic interest that makes a slight amount of sense (but he's oblivious af), and the fanbase is quite frankly tired of Ash. It's not just the above reasons, but there is one reason in particular that I think they should move on: Sawyer.

I love the kid, quite honestly. He's a good young trainer that I wouldn't mind following around for the next several years on his adventures. He's still young, so it'd be pretty easy for him to grow up and such. If Ash were to pass the baton onto Sawyer, who is trying to copy Ash's battle style, it would be a great decision that would positively impact the Pokémon anime and the future of the franchise. Now, if we were to get rid of Ash, we wouldn't have to remove him from the show entirely. I'm sure the fanbase would much appreciate him returning, and maybe him meeting up with Brock and his other friends before he leaves.

I'm just super hopeful that they stray away from him. I love Ash, but sometimes, if you love something enough, you just have to let it go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    Hmm, I wouldn't think so. He may win the league, but that doesn't make him a Pokémon Master. And he still would have to go through the Elite 4 and Diantha to actually become the champion. Even if he does do all of that too, he might not accept the offer similar to how he didn't accept to be a Frontier Brain.

But hey, anything is possible. I think I'd prefer him to stay bc I and everyone else have gotten so used to him lol

5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    And then Ash didn't win and the internet lost their shit.

I haven't kept up with the XY anime, but from what I've gathered, the shitlosing seems justified, at least for the most part.

(At least the Sun&Moon anime will be... different)

6. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Well, just think about Alola..it's changing things up. Gone is some gym league, now it's island trials and Totems and new forms of the old. So maybe Ash does win the Kalos league, with his Ash-Greninja no doubt, and he has finally completed his goal to become number one in a league. Finally, after all this time.

But Ash isn't one to sit around so by one way or another, Ash travels again: to the Alola region for a different (but familiar) kind of adventure, just like we'll get with the games.

Also and basically: Ash, Pikachu, the show, all of it is worth way too much for them in their damn right minds to just end it unless they have to.