1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Is it still fun or has it lost its appeal?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by colours, Jun 19, 2018.

1. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    For those of you who still have Pokémon Quest: Are you still continuing to enjoy it or has it lost some (or all) of its appeal to you? If its the latter, why is that the case? What are some things that made you grow tired of the game?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I'm still quite enjoying it. But I also haven't played as much and I'm like halfway through the game, so it might lose some appeal after I've done most of the levels. For now though, it's still fun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm not playing it anymore at all lmao.

4. Iopdev

Iopdev Dragonair Enthusiast

Ceto
    (Dragonair)
    Level 46
    PokéPoints:
    ₽143.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    It's lost most of the appeal! The problem with the game is that you need to pay to complete it or it will take ages! I don't have that kind of time :)

5. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Fair enough; I can understand how progress does seem unbelievably sluggish unless you buy the DLC.

6. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★

I don't own the game, though I have played a friend's copy a couple of times and do agree that the game tends to lose its appeal the more you play it due to its "Pay-to-Win" nature

7. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Okay I feel like I've gotten really bored of it at this point... like there's nothing for me to really look forward to doing anymore. @_@

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm already suffering. x_x The cap of 20 power stones is disgusting, especially since using stones on your Pokémon doesn't free up a slot. I used 50 tickets to expand my stone slots from 20 -> 40 but maxed it out again and don't feel comfortable removing anything, since the ones I have left are all silver and gold rank. Seems like I'm already getting to the point where I'm going to quit lol. Quests don't give me enough tickets to expand too much so this is going to get annoying real quick, especially once I hit the 20 mon cap too. impossible to make enough space without spending

9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I just think (at least on the phone) its soooooooo slooooooowwwwwwww, and that's just a major turnoff for me

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Unfortunately, at this point, I'm not really playing it anymore. I feel like it's a fun game for short bursts, but the super sluggish progression makes it easy to get bored. u.u

11. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    I dunno, once it came out I've been seeing a lot of people on the go playing Pokémon quest on their phones (which is really cute, imo). I feel like its popularity is gonna peak here real soon unless they sneak in an update or something.

12. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'm still finding it enjoyable, but then again I've only been playing for ~5 days and due to working I don't worry about being bored with a empty battery. I find it slow somewhat as I struggle to gain enough total power to keep going on-but I still enjoy it. Right now I'm trying to fill up my recipe list as I look for powerful Pokémon. I've already upgraded to 60 Powerstone slots, and have 400+ PM tickets.

13. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I'm not even very far into the game and I've already lost interest. It has nothing to do with the pay-to-win nature. From what I've seen it isn't even very bad in that regard. It's mostly because I just have better games to waist my time on.

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm still finding Pokémon Quest fun, but I'm not really playing it. I just let my Pokémon loose on 'Auto' and do something else as I wait for the expedition to end. I just like collecting the Pokémon...

15. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I played it for like 5 minutes and deleted it. Magikarp Jump was way better imo

16. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I've picked it back up again, since I just couldn't keep away from the cute graphics and the fact that it's Pokémon lol. Going to see how I fare a second time and if there are any decent ways to save power stone slots, since that was my biggest issue before. =s I (stupidly) didn't save my transfer code the first time so I went with Squirtle as my starter on this playthrough. [​IMG]

17. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Eh, yeah, it lost its appeal pretty fast. The gameplay is pretty boring and repetitive.

18. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG]

hello yes i will definitely continue playing /o/

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    My friend and I have began this game a few days ago, and it’s lots of fun seeing as we’re new. However, it’s really repetitive as most of the stuff we do is grind, grind, and grind some more. We use the mobile version, however.

20. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Still playing! They give out 50 Tickets per day so you're not required to spend as I initially thought, which is great. With a bit of time you can unlock all the decorations and upgrades without spending anything. My highest battle power is I think 8-9k atm, but I'm more focused on evolving my current mons for the dex right now.