1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

It's Super Effective! - Bad Type Combos

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Syaoron the Fox, May 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    There's always one Pokémon that sticks out to us when we think of type problems. It's weak against everything, or it's weak against the most common things. I struggle with this problem a lot with Alola Ninetails.

What is one Pokémon you revile for it's absolutely terrible typing?

For me, that Pokémon is Bibarel [​IMG]. I mean, come on. Why did you have to tack on normal to a water type Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Inken'in

Inken'in Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Amulet Coin ★★★Icy Rock ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    I don't really hate any Pokémon purely due to it's typing, but rather overall pack. (Can it make up the poor typing or not?) But if I have to choose, it would be Abomasnow. Grass and Ice are both regarded one of the worst typings, so who decided that combining the two is a great idea?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I've had a problem with Gliscor when I play competitive. . It has both Ground and Flying type, which is pretty cool, but it has a x4 weakness to Ice. So once someone pulls out an Ice Beam, I get pretty mad. O_O

I also hate how Gengar is is Ghost/Poison.. Yeah, it can fight Psychic types, but it's super effective against Psychic types as well. Which doesn't make sense... :furious:

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Any normal flying types, I dont understand why they couldn't give them cool typings or something, ANYTHING. It is kinda at that point where you should just leave it a pure flying type.

Xarn likes this.
  5. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Parasect and Leavanny have the abysmal typing of Grass-Bug, with two common double weaknesses in fire and flying. Shedinja would be OP thanks to Wonder Guard if it didn't have so many common weaknesses. Finally, the extremely common and horrid type combo of Rock-Ground. Some mons with the best defenses in the entire game can now literally get one-shot by a HP-Water or Grass.

6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    When you've got a Pokémon that has almost twice as many weaknesses as resistances, I call that a bad typing.

Here's a prime example like @Inken'in says

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    So that it can become a fantastic HM slave! I mean, that's the only reason I can think of.

Swampert is a great starter, but its double weakness against grass puts it at a severe disadvantage. Especially since if you choose it, your starter chooses the grass Pokémon. Zip a dee doo dah. I think it's the only starter with a double weakness (except Mega Sceptile).

I never liked Gengar's ghost/poison typing as it makes it weak against psychic types - the very type of Pokémon it should be strong against. Words can't describe my despair when I tried to use one against Sabrina. Gastly as a poison type does make sense, but it should have lost it upon evolution.

The normal/flying type is what stops me from training Pokémon like Pidgey and Starly. They lose their good defence against fighting for no reason at all; what exactly does the addition of the normal type bring?

Also, Emboar's fire/fighting type. It could have been a dark type! Or, you know, a plain fire type, like how the rest of the starters in that generation only had a single type. That could have worked.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one bothered by Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio's addition of steel type. All I found was that it now had more weaknesses, coupled with horrible defences, making it impossible to train as it always got knocked out every second battle.

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I typically like ice-type Pokémon, which is a shame since they have so many common weaknesses like Fire and Steel... Abomasnow being the worst offender.

Now, I don't hate Abomasnow. In fact, I used one once during a playthrough of Pokémon X just to check out its mega evolution. But as strong as it is, I ended up not using it as much due to its many, many type disadvantages. Especially towards fire. I feel sorry for it. :(

BraviaryScout likes this.
  9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I like Leavanny, but I have to hide it so fricking often against all the flying and fire types that it has become a bit of a chore to predict the next move.

10. PikaandChu

PokéPoints:
    ₽166.5
    Chesnaught for this one. I mean, a 4x weakness to Flying is veeeeeery bad. Even if it can tank hits, there's always a big chance of it dying on one hit, since its so slow and it can't dish out attacks quickly.

WHY DID I EVER CHOOSE YOU IN MY POKÈMON X SAVE FILE? :furious:

11. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Kind of forgot everyone's favorite overrated not-dragon, Charizard. And Chestnaught. At least grass is Swampert's only weakness. Chestnaught has 4x Flying on top of 2x Fire, Poison, Psychic, and Ice. Charizard has 4x Rock, meaning Stealth Rocks take half its health, as well as weaknesses to water and electric. Mega Sceptile... 4x Ice, 2x Poison, Bug, Dragon, Flying, and Fairy. Guess who the worst Hoenn starter Mega is?

12. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Same here and the only way to make them useful is with Brave Bird (kills itself) or Fly (in-game).

Mandriel likes this.
  13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Ah, I forgot all about Charizard and Chestnaught. All the same, double weaknesses on a starter is not fun, especially since they're usually meant to be the strongest Pokémon in your team.