1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Jak and Daxter Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by DIO, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    One of the biggest game series produced by Naughty Dog and one of the PlayStation2's classics, the Jak and Daxter series followed the titular characters as they adventured through the games to achieve their ideals. After the first game, a generally lighthearted and bright game, the series turned darker and more serious, culminating in some serious twists and turns during the games.

Have you played the Jak and Daxter games? Which is your favorite? Wish there were more? Etc. Discuss!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    I fucking love this franchise!

First one was bit lame, but entertaining.
    Then Renegade came and OMG it was like Dark Souls to me. So hard, but so rewarding. It was amazing!
    And third one was even greater! But my favorite us the second game.

I own the first three games and i have 100% completed them all.

Good times.

3. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I've only played the first one but I love it. Such a fun game, I love the open areas and non-linearity. A little short, even when going for 100%, but that's fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I loved all three of the games, despite their variances. Jak and Daxter, that is, The Precursor Legacy, was a simply fun and straightforward adventure/platformer game. It's a lovable game, if somewhat short. Jak 2 was odd to me, as I felt like they shifted the tone of the story too sharply too quickly. The quirky silliness and humor of the first game turned into gritty action and seriousness, and I didn't really like that they did it to a game I loved for it's silliness. I can't say it was done poorly, however, as Jak 2 is a fantastic game.

Jak 3 is tied as my favorite along with the original Jak and Daxter. I feel like in Jak 3 they found a nice balance between the serious tone of Jak 2 and the light-hearted nature of The Precursor Legacy. I still have many of the cutscenes from this game committed to memory, my favorite being the scene where we found out about Damos and- *spoilers*

5. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    What an amazing franchise! Each entry made by Naughty Dog were instant classics! It's one of the few game series that if you give me a day I'd probably never stop talking about. The graphics were amazing, the mechanics revolutionary (I believe Precursor Legacy is the first seamless open word game? At least for a Sony console, at any rate), not to mention thatthe storylines weaved in the sequels were something special. I liked that, as the story shifted from bright and cheerful to dark and corrupted, so too did the graphics mirror this change. I don't think I'll ever play a video game series again that enthralled nearly half as much as these games did, and I'm so glad they got 'ported to PS3. Now if Sony could just make a movie for the games, that'd be a huge item off my bucket list. Because let's be honest, it's getting less and less likely that Naugty Dog are gonna return to these games, especially since Rafaei and Rubin have both since departed from Naughty Dog.

6. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Yoo, I love Jak and Daxter! I spent so many hours playing Jak II just riding around in the hover crafts or messing around in the hover board park. It's such a great series!

Did anyone get the HD pack for PS3?

@[member="Reckless"] I've been wondering myself if they'll get a movie, too! As of recent, a lot of video game series have announced that they'll be getting a movie. To name a few, there's Ratchet & Clank as well as Sly Cooper! I wonder if Jak & Daxter will follow? :o

7. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    The real question is: why should there be a movie, and most important of all, how good would it be?

I dunno, movies made from video games have never really been very good. I don't really want to see J&D made into a movie since I don't want it to be horrible. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.