1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Jewelry

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Dec 6, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Do you guys wear jewelry regularly? What kind? For the males mostly, do you own any watches, cufflinks, etc? Any special jewelry?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Not a fan of accessorizes like rings, bracelets or neck ornaments at all. For some reason it never seemed appealing to me. Watches are cool and they make you look professional and smart, but I don't like the way they fit and if I want to know the time I can just check my phone also I'm too poor to buy nice looking ones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    I have a modest collection of very expensive watches (Some in excess of $2000) that I wear in a daily basis. Other than that, I don't really have much other than some really nice (and mostly expensive) rings that I only wear to formal occasions. My jewelry is always kept in good condition & I wipe dust and the like off them if I need to. Sometimes, I just like to admire my collection.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I am, as declared by a jury of my peers, a sharp-dressed man. I dress myself with dignity and pride, and encourage others to do the same. Though this mostly applies to the clothes I wear, I also put some attention on accessories.

I have three rings and three watches, each with their own situations. The rings are in decreasing order of how often I wear them, I tungsten carbide and carbon fiber ring (which sort of looks like a low-cost wedding band), a simple black ring with three silver stripes along its orbit, and a simple stainless steel tube with a faux-tribal design band-cut through its thickness (it was a gift, I didn't pick it out myself). All of these I wear on my left index finger, because that's where they fit best. I used to wear more than one at a time, but the look didn't work.

The three watches all have very specific purposes. I have a sportwatch I use for exercise and manual labor, a simple adult-looking watch with batman's insignia in its face (black on black on black, so it doesn't stand out like a kiddie watch) for all-purpose casual situations, and a formal silver watch I wear only on special occasions. I try to never leave the house without wearing a watch and ring, because I think the fine touches really help the big picture.

Then there are the other kinds of jewelry, like cufflinks, tie bars, and sometimes even glasses that can count as an accessory on their own. But they're less exciting than the rest.

5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I personally do not like wearing jewelry, because I despise showing off riches and whatnot. However, I have some beautiful opals and natural jewelry that I love. I love gemstones, but wearing them is a different story. Gifts from family or friends I do wear, to show them that I appreciate their gifts, which I do. Pokémon jewelry is also okay!

6. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    I have a belt, but I rarely wear it. I don't really like to accessorize myself too much, it distracts me quite a bit (I always end up fiddling with them), but I do wear a watch if I go out. As for jewellery, I have The One Ring to Rule Them All that I like to chain around my neck and pretend I'm Frodo.

7. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't mind jewellery, so long as they aren't too flashy and don't get in the way. Right now, I have on me a white gold necklace + pendant and a diamond bracelet given to me by my mother as presents. I also own a branded watch given to me as a birthday present, but it's currently out of batteries so it makes no sense for me to wear it.

8. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    First of all, I'm male.
    Okay then,
    I have a steampunk wrist bracer with vials on it, and a gear necklace. I wear those occasional, on special situations. I have a red string necklace with a jade snake, my Chinese zodiac, on it, that I've had since I was a wee little baby. (There were bangles too, but they're too small now). I have a pocket watch which I bring around a lot. I like a nice touch, or a subtle low-key weeb accessory sometimes. Other days, just my pocket watch with a chain to hit people with in case bad things happen. Protip: metal hurts. Metal+momentum hurts even more

9. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Most of the time the only piece of jewelry I wear would be a watch. On rare occasions, I've got this crescent moon necklace with a few garnets in it that my grandfather brought back from a trip to Prague that'd I use. Granted, I can find it, first.

10. Sylar

Sylar Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    just rings and earrings on a daily basis​
    sometimes a bracelet or necklaces​
    i love to wear rings​
    now i wear one on both hands​
    without them its like a boring life​

11. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    All I wear is my watch, which isn't too expensive, but it's not cheap either. It sits on my right wrist and I wear it whenever I remember to. The thing that I really like about watches is that you can check the time without having to take out a phone or look at the clock and having a teacher think that you can't wait for class to end. They are fashionable, useful, and portable. Gotta love 'em.

12. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I wear a watch everytime I leave home, its very handy. Sometimes I wear earrings but I have to wear them at least once a month to prevent the skin from growing back, I can't wear synthetic materials on my ears for an extended period of time because my ears start hurting. I also wear bracelets on special occasions, my fave one is this metal chain one which has a number of charms attached to it.

13. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    I regularly wear 3 piercings that I ordinarily don't take out, but you can occasionally see me wearing a necklace. I have spent too much money on this stuff, to be honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.