1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Jhoto starters coming back?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    So if any of you remember, if you completed the Hoenn Pokédex in R/S/E you were able to get your hands on one of the 3 Jhoto starters from Prof.Birch. Do you think they will do the same thing in ORAS, or do you think they might change it and give something else(like the oval charm)? Do you think there's still a chance they will introduce the jhoto starters mega evolutions in ORAS?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    I would not be surprised if the Johto starters resurfaced in ORAS, though I doubt they'll get Mega Evolutions now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sohrob101 likes this.
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I hope they'll give and keep the johto starters in the after game with megaevolutions since it was one of the best parts about finishing the Hoenn Pokédex for me.

4. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    If they do the same thing in giving you the Johto starters like they did in Emerald, I would hope they give you the starters with their Hidden Abilities, because those and the Unova starters are the only ones who have never had their HAs released. I have speculated on what Pokédex completion rewards might come out of this, because after B2W2 and XY i'm sure they'll do something.

sohrob101 likes this.
  5. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Wait but, there's something else that kinda disproves the fact the Jhoto starters need their hidden abilities released and such. Swampert and Sceptile did not get their hidden abilities either, but still got mega evolutions. So this could mean we might not get hidden abilites for them at all, but instead mega evolutions to make up for it instead.

6. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    i really hope the jotho starters return i want to get a cyndaquil again

7. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    Im hoping they might come back, i want Chikorita :3 and who knows maybe they're giving a Megaevolution too?
    Or they will be given in the game like the Kanto Starters in X/Y.

sohrob101 likes this.
  8. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    In X/Y, you could get the Kanto starters, because of their Mega's. Since this is a remake, it would be nice if they keep the johto starter thing in, but (although the mega count is already quite high) could we get mega johto starters too then? :3 *is really hopefull for mega Typhlosion.*

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,934.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I honestly don't think we get Johto starter megas, we've already gotten the remaining Hoenn starters as megas and like KK have said the mega count is already pretty high. But it would be nice if the part about getting a Johto starter would be in ORAS. What I do hope is that by some unlikely miracle that they will have their hidden ability. It would truly be awesome if the Johto starters was in ORAS and you could get them with their HA.

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I don't think they'll get megas, but it would definitely be nice if they came back! They were a great reward for completing the Pokédex, though in Emerald I was never able to haha!

11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I really hope they do as there's currently no way to obtain the Johto starters in X and Y. Would be nice for transfers from previous games to not be required, more so if the starters they give us end up with their hidden abilities - I'd love that. Just about ready to nab that Chikorita!

12. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    I would really love to use a Johto starter in ORAS,and if I have to fill the Hoenn Pokédex all the way again, so be it! Cyndaquil shall be mine!

13. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I think there's a great chance that you'll be able to obtain the Johto starters, but I don't know if they'll be getting Mega Evolutions as well. Of course there is a possibility, but the fact that a Pokémon appears in the game doesn't automatically mean it will receive a Mega form as well.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Would these appear in the friend safari, maybe? That would be pretty neat, in fact I'd love it! I mean, I already own all of them but it would still be pretty fun.

15. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I'm guessing you will get one of them by completing the Pokédex like in Emerald. Maybe you'll get a Mega Stone too. ;)

16. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I can almost guarantee that they'll be returning, and while I'm a tiny bit iffy about it, I do think they'll bring in mega evolutions for these. If not, we can expect to see them in the next generation.

If they don't give the Johto starters megas, then they're overshadowed by the Hoenn starters, who do have megas.

17. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I think that would be a cool throwback to the original games if they gave you one of those Pokémon for completing the 'dex! It would also be awesome if instead of just being a regular Pokémon, they had their Hidden Abilities as well, which as of right now are unobtainable. It would be a great way to introduce their HAs, and make them a rare treat in the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.