1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Jirachi potential event?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    As many of you know Jirachi did have some kind of event back in gen 3, and Jirachi was indeed very limited. Do you guys think that ORAS could have a potential Jirachi event that activates an in game event for that matter?
    Would you rather catch your Jirachi? Or would you rather have it given to you?
    Do you think that there will be more backstory on Jirachi in ORAS some time soon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'd really hope we had a jirachi event where actually get to try to catch Jirachi instead of it being given to us.
    What I really like about Jirachi is that there are so many ideas you can have about it. What could be possible is that you go to another star show at the space museum when you see Jirachi falling from the sky. That's when you go find it on an island via a special mirage island and encounter Jirachi.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Fizzysoda and East like this.
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well there have been a Jirachi even in gen 6, sadly it was Japan only iirc. It was a shiny Jirachi though, not a regular colored one.

I dunno, being able to battle it sounds tempting, I would like a few more events like that actually. If we ever get a Jirachi event for gen 6 that leaves Japan I kinda hope it'll be a battle event.

4. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Well, getting Event Pokémon is not too much problem if you have something cool to offer. Actually I think that Japan s really Overpowered about Pokémon events, It also makes me want to go there and visit each Pokémon Center of the place :D

jirachi is a really interesting to get. But sometimes Event Pokémon just get boxed like a collection..I mean I don't have a problem with that...I also like having colletions, is lke...feeling that you are grwoing more and more..and becoming a true Pokémon Master...(abandoning Pokémon on the box is not that bad, because they go to the Professor Oak farm , know new Pokémon and make parties everyday avoiding fights, so ....it is like holidays for them ;) )

5. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I think it's likely, but only because you actually need Jirachi to complete the Hoenn Pokédex. Good thing I still have my Event Jirachi from SoulSilver.

6. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I have pretty much the same opinions as @[member="LostSpirit"] and @[member="Nbay64"]
    I think the event would be nicer if you could go and catch it, but it's unlikely. Southern Island is making a return though, it was found in the code :)

7. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Man, what I would do if we could encounter Jirachi in normal gameplay... I'd love it so much!!

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Well, there are rumors flying around about a Battle Frontier DLC, so why not include something like that with it? A DLC would sell on a massive scale and everybody would jump for the chance to get Jirachi.

9. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I really hope that we actually have to catch Jirachi instead of giving it for free. Maybe like an in-game event that's activated by an item distributed via Wi-Fi, something like the Eon Ticket.

After getting all these legendaries for free, I just don't feel like they're that special anymore. Like back when legendaries are unlocked by event items and required to be captured, it was exciting to explore and prepare for an exciting battle at the end of the event and my reaction after finally getting the legendary was "YEAAAH I DID IT FINALLY" but now when I get one via Wi-Fi distribution I'm like "oh sweet another one", but I digress.

Does anyone remember that one rock in Mossdeep? If I remember correctly, an NPC said something about making a wish by using a tag on the rock or something like that. I think it might be a hint for a potential Jirachi-related thing but who knows? It would be awesome if Gamefreak made an event for Jirachi like they did for Deoxys. Though if they made an event similar to the Delta Episode, it would most likely be a DLC which is fine as long as it has the Battle Frontier in it, haha.

10. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have never owned a Jirachi, I would be awesome if I could get one. I actually think that they are gonna do an event, it makes sense xD

11. MajesticFlygon

MajesticFlygon PKMN Breeder

Alolan Rattata
    (Alolan Rattata)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I hope we get another Jirachi event... i know there was more...but my favorite one was the Pokémon Colosseum preorder.(Even though that was for Gameboys.) That was another way to get Jirachi. (you could also get Ho-oh in this game too that was like 2 legends in 1! but this is about Jirachi) I hope we get one sometime this year like Japan got.

12. ExampleYT

ExampleYT Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Even though we already got a jirachi event, I hope we get another one because jirachi is such a great Pokémon and for all the people that missed the jirachi event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.