1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Johto starters

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Oct 6, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which starter did you pick in G/S/C?

1. Chikorita

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Cyndaquil

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Totodile

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Doesn't look like there's a topic on this yet. Which starter did you choose in G/S/C and why?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I chose Chikorita! It's so cute. I'm a sucker for cute Pokémon. It was less powerful than the other starters by the final evolution, and Chikorita's evolution line is one of the hardest Pokémon to get through the game with, but it was really adorable with its animation and it didn't completely terrify me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Cyndaquil, because Fire-type. But also because I didn't like Chikorita's weaknesses and I wanted the Red Gyarados on my team

4. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    I pick Totodile for my HG. It was my first game and something about that little water monster made me pick it. And also it looked awesome. Or should I say...Jawesome...nope, never again.

5. ThatPsychoticPichu

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Cyndaquil, because it is so cute <3 Though, I also chose Totodile so eh lol.

6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Cyndaquil. Always. It's adorable and it evolves into a beast :D

7. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Totodile. I don't remember my reason for picking it back then, but I still love the little guy to this day xD

8. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    Cyndaquil hands down, if I chose any other starter, then I might've been going crazy lol.

9. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I guess Cyndaquil. None of the Generation II starters really stood out to me, so then I usually go for the Fire type :D

10. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Cyndaquil! It's extremely adorable with some serious firepower. Also, it evolves into the awe-inspiring Typhlosion with some powerful special attack and high speed to boot. My most favourite Fire-type starter of all time. <3

11. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Johto was the toughest region for me to choose my starter on. All of them are extremely good, but I find myself choosing Totodile most of the time.

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Time to answer my own question!

I chose Chikorita. <3 It's very hard to use and I suffered immensely during most of the gyms but since I'm a looks > stats type of person it didn't bother me too much. Unfortunately way back as a kid I didn't feel the need to train more than one Pokémon at a time so it was just me and an overleveled Meganium (:P), but even then going through the game was super hard. Eventually I caught Lugia and swept through everything with its help.

13. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Totodile was my general choice of the three, I like the thing and it had a nice balance of stats all-around. Cyndaquil was the one I picked the second most out of the three.

14. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Cyndaquil all the way! I love Cyndaquil.

Though in my Gold version I used the infinite starter glitch to get all three. :^)))

15. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    I never was able to buy/play/get G/S/C, but later got HG/SS so I will still answer this nonetheless.
    I chose Totadile, because it's just an awesome water type, one of the most best (OP) starter to choose in G/S/C/HG/SS, due to it's expansive movepool (in terms of variety). It's also awesome cause its a solid Pokémon for competitive play.

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,491.4
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The first starter I ever picked for gen 2 was Totodile in Silver, my joy was great when I found out I could buy a TM for Ice Punch to teach it later on.

17. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Back then, I always chose either Cyndaquil or Chikorita. I NEVER chose Totodile in the old days... Also, when I played Crystal, I didn't even evolve my starter past the middle stage. I beat the game completely (through Kanto and all) twice, once with Quilava and once with Bayleef, if I'm remembering correctly. o:

18. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I chose Cyndaquil since the first Pokémon I saw in a game was Quilava so I picked Cyndaquil once I got my own Pokémon Gold. Another reason I picked it was because it looked cool and remained cool and awesome unlike Totodile that starts out cute and evolves into something ferocious looking.

19. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I've used all of them at some point, and I don't really have a favorite! The Chikorita line is my least favorite to use in battle, but I still like their designs; the Cyndaquil line has always been cool, as I like fire-types; and the Totodile line is probably the most versatile and my favorite to use in battle. They're all cool, though, and they have awesome shiny forms, as well!

20. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    My very first playthrough, I chose Totodile. Its charm and design inspired me to choose it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.