1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Johto's Rebirth RP

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Banshee, Jan 26, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Currently: OPEN.
    But feel free to apply for your character here---> http://lakevalor.net...acter-profiles/

-Rules-

- It's a Pokémon based RP.
    - No humans are to be played, they can be mentioned though.
    - Generation 1 to Generation 5 Pokémon are playable.
    - EXCEPT Legendary Pokémon will have to be discussed between Bubbie and I. This is due to Legendaries possibly being involved with the plot and the fact they are very strong.
    - Please do not God-mod in any way. God-modding ruins the fun for other Rpers. No one is indestructible or perfect. If you are caught God-modding, you will be talked to via PM.
    - NPCs are allowed. NPCs are minor characters that can be mentioned, used for guidance, etc. For example, a NPC can be something like: A police officer, a nurse, shop keeper, parents, siblings, etc.
    - MOST IMPORTANTLY...... This is a casual RP, so don't forget to... HAVE FUN!!! :'D

-Simplified Setting & Basic Plot-

- This RP will be taking place at a time before Johto becomes Modernized.
    - The starting point is going to be in Olivine City. The characters in the RP will end up making their way to Ecruteak and Goldenrod City.

- It's loosely based on the Legend of the "Burned Tower" of Ecruteak City.
    --- - The main idea of the plot is: The characters will be searching for answers as to why there is a severe case of depression and illness that is overcoming: their lives, Olivine city, and/or other cities. (You decide :'D)
    --- - Hearing that Ho-oh is thought to bring happiness to those with the purest of heart and intentions, they figure to try and see if it will help them out in some way.
    --- - However, unfortunate events have come to their path and the characters will not only have to solve these problems, but find where Ho-oh had taken off. This leads them venturing to Goldenrod City which is where Ho-oh is believed to have flown to.

- Despite the basic plot being placed here, this is to help Rpers to get the basic idea of what their characters are looking for and why. You also may add your character's own personal reasons as to why they are searching for Ho-oh. Or if they just simply want to tag along and help!
    - You have the ability to control a heroic character, support, or villain. Which ever floats your boat.
    - If you have ideas for these "unfortunate events" feel free to throw some ideas out to everyone! Maybe there is a gang of mean Pokémon threatening your life? Someone is in danger and needs your characters to help? Bad weather is disturbing us! Stuff like that!

- Olivine City Setting -

Olivine City has always been a rather peaceful and yet serene place. The soft ocean winds blow gently across the beach-front lands, creating the palm trees to elegantly sway in the breeze. The ocean water makes a continuous pattern of rushing up to the shore, greeting the land in a peaceful manner then returning back to where it came from. While it returns back to the sea, the water bears many gifts; shells of all kinds and Staryu are few of the many gifts. The air was light and pure, relaxing to the wandering adventurer who had been weary and worn from their long and tiring travels.

At the peak of a massive cliff overlooking the sea, stood a light house. It wasn't just any ordinary light house, it was one of the best. Being controlled by an elderly and somewhat senile Charizard, he keeps his fire burning for many nights. Making sure ships will safely make it to shore without colliding with sharp rocks that lay in their path. Due to him being very devoted to his job, he often comes off as very strict and sarcastic.

- Ecruteak City Setting -

A small town with a very unique history and many legends as well as being the home of the legendaries ho-oh, and the three dogs. However there are many houses in the city that have spiritual company. Many have claimed that they've seen Ghastly, Haunter, Misdreavus, and Gengar, lurking in the areas, doing tricks and gags on humans for their own entertainment. Some have even stated that objects have been moved and misplaced on them. But these ghosts are considered relatively harmless.

- Goldenrod City -

A youthful city growing quickly as the years progress. Goldenrod city is in a constant buzz, people are always moving about, going to work or enjoying a bright sunny day of shopping. Currently, there are many two-story houses with large windows and large signs hanging over the doorway. All of these houses are placed in a straight line, making it simple for shoppers to window shop as they proceed down the road. At the West of the city there is a large empty plot overgrown with grass and small trees. It is believed that there is going to be a massive tower of some sort, placed there.

2. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Marrin scuttled clumsily over the gleaming, warm sand as Noctus flew low over her. The ocean lapped at her feet and she loved the way the cool water felt. Noctus looked down at the weaving path she was making and chuckled to himself. Rarely did she walk as if they weren't in a hurry, stumbling over her own six feet as she went. Today they were headed for the lighthouse that loomed over the city like a protective golem, it had served as a beacon over the land for generations. It had been a while since they had visited, but Alder was away again and boredom usually meant at least one trip to the big observatory.

"I wonder what kind of story Mr. Norman has to tell today?" Marrin called gleefully up at her adoptive brother. Noctus, who was deep in thought, came to at the sound of her voice. He was often lost in his own musings but lately he was growing concerned for the region they called home. He had begun patrolling the area around Olivine City and the surrounding routes and things were not looking good. There seemed to be an illness spreading over the land and depression was more common than it should have been. Fortunately Olivine was a bit secluded and relaxed, but he had flown as far as Route 38 and it was obvious that not all was well. Alder had been all across Johto and had brought back news of disease and famine across the region, not only for Pokémon but also the humans that coexisted with them. He was glad that Marrin was oblivious to it all, she often became his center when he was lost in his troubled mind.

"That's even if he's in the mood for story-telling," he replied. Noctus clicked his beak and rolled his eyes, but Marrin knew he was just as excited as she was. He just had a little trouble showing it sometimes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Banshee

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    "Come on, Charlie. I really want to check up on Grandpa! I keep hearing rumors about people being sick and stuff. I don't want to find out that Grandpa is in pain. Come on already!" The small Charmander whined as he tugged on his twin brother's arm, trying to gain his attention. He even flailed his arms in front of the Charmeleon, blocking his view from the person he was talking to. It wasn't working too well as Charlie kept talking to one of his friends. Something about finding a place to have a party with their friends and staying up all night. Trevor had no interest in that sort of thing.

"Ugh, shut up." Charlie sharply snapped at Trevor while he back handed him away. "Go check on him yourself. He don't wanna see me. He don't even like me in the same room as him. So bug off you Golden Brat." Charlie turned away from Trevor and continued to joke along with his friend.

Trevor huffed and placed his arms at his sides, looking angrily at him. How could he be so careless about this? This was a dire situation and all he wants to do is party? Trevor couldn't even understand the beginning of this sort of reasoning! So he reached his small Charmander hands up and grabbed his brother's tail. Holding onto it tightly, he tugged with all of his might. Forcing Charlie to follow behind him, dragging his butt on the ground, leaving a small trail of moved dirt behind.

Charlie just sat there with his arms crossed, annoyed about the whole thing.

After Trevor got close enough to the Light House, he turned to his brother. There was no way he could possibly drag his brother all the way up the millions of stairs! So then he got an idea. One of which, usually never failed. "Fine. You can sulk here all you want. But when I get up there to talk to Grandpa, I'll tell him you were too busy being a flirt to even care about his health and job." And with that said, Trevor darts towards the Light House.

Charlie scowled. Oh how he hated that kid! Quickly he hopped up and shook his fist at his brother. "YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU BETTER NOT!" He huffed and spat some fire out to the side before he gave chase to his brother.

Trevor passed Marrin and Noctus. "Hi guys! Beat you to the top!" He laughed and continued to move those small stubby Charmander legs towards the Light House. His hands grabbed the handle and pulled open the door before he then shot up the stairs.

"COME BACK HERE YOU ROTTEN--GRAWRGH!!!" He continued to yell at Trevor as he passed Marrin and Noctus. When Charlie wanted to go into the doorway, the door slammed shut. Thus resulting him making a rude introduction to himself and the door. Face hitting the door, he twitched and fell onto his back. As he lay there, the door opened again.

4. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Marrin doubled her speed after Trevor ran by, squealing excitedly. "Hey, wait up!" She tripped over nothing in particular and stumbled in a small puff of soft sand.

"I'm surprised you haven't broken a leg yet, Marrin," he chortled while swooping down to help her up, but she was already on her feet and on her way again.

"Oh shoosh, you. Not every Pokémon can fly, you know," the Corphish teased playfully. "Come on, give me a ride, Trevor's already there!"

"If I must," Noctus responded, rolling his eyes once again. He picked her up in his talons as Charlie stormed by. The two of them winced as he hit the door, and Noctus settled her down outside the entrance. The two gave each other sidelong glances, wondering what had happened this time. Noctus stayed his distance, but Marrin scurried up towards Charlie and the door.

"Are you alright? That looked like it hurt!"

5. Banshee

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Trevor was nowhere to be seen to aid his brother. As for Charlie, he continued to lay there, dazed. Marin's voice came to his thoughts as it got him to regain his consciousness. "Huh?" He looked up at a Corphish looking down at him. There was a couple of short and quick blinks before he realized who he was talking to. She was that person he had passed by, and kind of knows a little bit due to her and Nocturn visiting Norman on occasion.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He acted all tough and macho as he sat up rubbing his forehead. No one was going to see that he was in pain! "Wait-that little runt! He's going to tell my Grandfather a lie! I'm not going to let him get away with this!" He staggered up, wobbling on his feet a bit. "I gotta beat him up there!"

He stepped forward once and paused. Charlie had a devious idea. "Hey, you're a water Pokémon, right? If i pay you in berries or somethin' can ya spray my bro with water? I'll pay ya double!"

6. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    "Why, what'd he do? What kind of berries? Double what?" Marrin had a bad habit of asking too many questions and this time was no different. Noctus huffed and made his way between them.

"I'm not sure what happened, but I think it might be best if we stay out of this, Marrin. There's no point in starting fights," he scolded. She harrumphed and spat a bubble at him.

"Don't tell me what to do, Grumpy-pants." She shoved the Hoothoot out of the way with a claw and looked up at Charlie mischievously. "I'll do it!" She loved doing things that got under Noctus's feathers, to her it was all just a joke. He puffed up his feathers in annoyance as she scuttled into the lighthouse ahead of them.

7. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Glacia groaned as she looked up at the large lighthouse looming over her. "Gah, I'm going to just die going up all those stairs." She said to herself.

She began to climb, panting a little because she was hot from the winter scarf wrapped around her neck. She ran into the rest of her friends on the way up. Despite being overheated, she chirped, "Hi guys!" She slowly walked up a few more steps. "I feel like I'm going to die from this heat. But hey, at least on the way down, I can ice beam the stairs and make it a slide! Man, I look forward to that." She wiggled her neck to loosen her scarf. "Have any of you seen Toby?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MoonlightEve

MoonlightEve Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The shiny Fraxure giggled as she stood in the door jam, "Now now. No need to be so mean." She looked at the Pokémon with an evil glint in her eyes and she smiled. "If you must, I can always deal with him." She bats her eyes at the Charmeleon.

The Totodile looked out on the ocean and grumbled, "Why does it feel so weird?" He stared out at the ocean for a while, but turned and walked back into the lighthouse. There he looked at the elderly Charizard and sighed, "Sir, is there anything I can get you or help you?"

9. Banshee

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    "He does nothing more than try to best me on everything. Trying to make me look like a fool before our Grandfather. And it hurts dearly when he does it." He placed his hand on his chest and looked upset about the thought of it. His tail sagged towards the ground, trying to enforce his hurtful feelings.

But when she said she would help him, it was almost as if a switch had been turned on and he quickly looked to her enthusiastically. "I have a ton of berries to give you, as long as you blast him with water. COME ON!" He picked her up, without a care in the world and turned to walk into the light house, when someone spoke out to him. He paused and looked over, to see a Fraxure. "Uh-" He caught that glint in her eyes and he in return, snickered. A toothy snicker. She even batted her eye lashes at him. So many girls!!!! He was enthusiastic about this. "More the merrier! You and Marrin can take care of my bratty brother. Teach him a lesson!" He gave her a wink and then took off towards the stairs.

While he started to run up the stairs, he saw Glacia. Charlie couldn't be rude to a girl after all! So he smiled and waved to her. Nope. No problems here. No evil plotting to get even with his brother. Not at all. "Hello there. I love the heat! It makes my heart BURN!" He laughed, while carrying Marrin in his arms. Girls are everywhere! His will to flirt is rising but he had a mission to deal with first. And right now, that mission was to deal with his brother--with help of the lovely ladies~

But the thought of an ice slide made him stop. "Eeeh-I don't like ice slides." He wrinkled his nose. He never had any luck with dealing with them. He always managed to face plant into the ice. "Could you do that, after I get down? And no, I haven't seen him today."

As for Trevor, he was slowly making his way up the stairs. There were too many for his stubby little legs to keep running. Tired as he was, he didn't want to stop. He just had to get up there. And deep down, he keeps wishing that he could evolve into a Charizard. Then he would just cheat and fly his way up the side of the Light House. Just like Grandpa! But little did he and the others know, Norman was at the beach talking to Totodile.

Charlie could see his brother, slowly climbing up the stairs above him. "Can you reach him from here? Or do I have to keep running up these stairs?" He asked Marrin and the Fraxure.

Norman was wandering about, aimlessly. He heard Totodile's voice and responded. "Ah. Things can be weird if you don't understand them. That's why I stay away from puzzles and new thing-a-ma-jigs them humans come up with." He then stopped in his tracks when he was confronted with a question. A conversation with a youngin! The old Charizard looked over at the small Pokémon and adjusted his glasses. Yes, he needed them to see. "Help? Help with what? I'm not hurt-or lost." He blinked. "But I did forget what I was going to do just now." He coughed a little into his hand. "Some crazy happening in the world huh? I don't understand it."

10. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Glacia stuck close to the wall, nervous. So many Pokémon on a narrow flight of many, many stairs! What if the stairs broke? What if they all fell to their deaths? Oh Arceus, it'd be awful! Glacia smiled and dipped her head at Charlie as he walked by, carrying Merrin. "You're so lucky, being a fire type in this weather! Hehe." She giggled. "I guess I could wait until you get to the bottom of the stairs, or you could ride on my back! I'm great at sliding down ice, and I think I could carry your weight."

Glacia began to run of the stairs after Charlie. She wanted to beat him to the top, or die trying! She wondered what everyone else wanted from Norman. She just wanted to get somewhere safe from all the sickness outside, and hopefully find some Pokémon she could help find a cure with!

11. MoonlightEve

MoonlightEve Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The Fraxure smiled and raced after the Charmeleon, "Oh, by the way, my name is Hotaru." She cackled as she pounded in front of the fire type. As she continued up the stairs, she noticed the Charmander and grinned at the Charmeleon, "Of course." Hotaru winked and quicken her pace, shooting a Dragon Pulse toward the young fire type.

The Totodile nodded, "Yes. The world is changing and the humans are starting to slowly grow in numbers, but maybe we can learn something from them." He shrugged slightly and fiddled with his goggles. "Is there anything you want to talk about, sir? Also, my name is Arashi, if you did not know." He bowed slightly and smiled.

12. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Marrin squealed with joy at being carried, she squirmed happily in his arms. She waved hello to all the other Pokémon they passed and got excited at the notion of an ice slide. How could that not sound fun to anyone? She giggled, knowing that Noctus probably wouldn't care for it.

Noctus huffed and looked up at the Fraxure in the doorway and nodded politely before flying up the staircase after them. He hovered close to Glacia, behind the troublesome duo, watching carefully for Marrin's well-being. "Hello there!," he hooted down at her.

Marrin wiggled in preparation, taking aim at Trevor. "Sure can, just you see!" She playfully squirted a stream of water at the back of Trevor's head.

13. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Glacia giggled as some of the water splashed off of Trevor's head and onto her fur, instantly cooling her. The water froze on her fur and it was delightful. "Ahh, that feels really nice, doesn't it Trevor? Especially in this hot lighthouse! Thank you Merrin!"

Glacia looked up at Noctus. "What's it like to fly?"

14. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Noctus thought about Glacia's question for a while. He had been flying nearly his whole life, he didn't even need to think about it anymore. "It's pretty nice I suppose, the view is beautiful from the sky but if I fly for too long my wings get tired!" He beamed down at her. "Lately the view from above hasn't been the most pleasant, however, I don't like the looks of it."

15. MoonlightEve

MoonlightEve Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    As the lighthouse rumbled slightly as noisy Pokémon filled it's inside, but on Route 38 the atmosphere is nothing but sickly and sad. The route is quiet and no Pokémon can be seen, but, in a small grove a lone egg sits. The black color of the egg blends with the shadows of the grove, but the dark red sticks out. After sometime of no movement, the egg twitches. The egg falls over and rolls out of the grove. It seems to look around the area before rolling toward Olivine.

16. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Glacia watched Noctus flap is powerful wings.She wondered if she could jump as high as he was flying right now above her. But then she thought about how scary it'd be to fall down the stairs..

She smiled "The view from the ground isn't so good anymore, either. I want to find a cure for this sickness going around. and I wish I could fly, just for a day! Are you fast on your feet, though? " She continued climbing the stairs looking up at Noctus until she reached Norman's location.

17. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    "No, not really." He admitted. "It's much faster for me to fly everywhere." He sighed as he thought about the spread of disease. Everyone he spoke to just confirmed how bad things were getting throughout the region. He considered himself lucky that nothing had happened to Alder or Marrin and he hoped it would stay that way.

18. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    She watched Noctus's face fall a little. He's probably thinking about the sickness spreading, she thought. She tried to think of ways to cheer him up. "..Maybe we could all travel to try to find a cure, or create one ourselves!"

Glacia looked down the staircase. "Hurry up, you guys! I'm sure Norman is waiting on us all!"

19. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Noctus fluttered to the top of the stairs and found himself a perch to rest on. He tucked one leg habitually into his feathers as his species is wont to do, and looked down at Glacia.

"I can only hope that something can be done, and soon. I do not know what is befalling us, but I don't like the looks of it." He turned his head to look out at the ocean. The sparkling blue horizon twinkled back at him. It was hard to believe what was going on with such a beautiful scene before his eyes. Olivine hadn't see much of the misfortune yet, but Alder had confided to him that he didn't believe that it would be this way for very long. They had considered escaping to Cianwood, but he didn't like the thought of running away.

"Finding our own solution my as well be our only hope."

20. MoonlightEve

MoonlightEve Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    As the egg rolled through the small town, it only came to a stop when it reached the beach. There it twitched multiple times before it cracked and a blinding light filled the area. When the light faded, a small Pawniard laid curled up in a ball. The Sharp Blade Pokémon whimpered as a soft spray of salt water hit her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.