1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Joining the forum

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Jimcloud, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Jimcloud

Jimcloud Youngster

Talia
    (Gothita)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    Hey there! Call me Jimcloud. They/them and she/her pronouns are fine, though I won't complain about he/him either. I heard about this forum and was interested in seeing how it works. May end up sticking around, but while I'm here I'd definitely like to post some of my writing and such
    - writing is one of my greatest passions, and I have some nuzlocke content that I hope people will enjoy. Couple of things about me, off hand:

- I'm one of the administrators of the Nuzlocke Forums, so I have some forum experience, at least (though this is only the second forum that I've seriously used).

-I like Pokémon, but I'm a fan of some other games, too - particularly fond of the Final Fantasy and Harvest Moon series, along with a few other pet franchises, mostly in the RPG/JRPG and simulation sphere.

See you around, hopefully!

Gwoomy and Bug like this.
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Welcome Jimcloud! We hope you do stick around, and for starters we do have a Literature Library section for everything you like to write and read, and your other Nuzlocking stuff would fit in nicely over with Pokemon Games!

I've been getting back into Final Fantasy myself, what's your favorite and least favorite of the series? And for that matter, how long have you been playing Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jimcloud likes this.
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Hi, Jimcloud! :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jimcloud likes this.
  4. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor

Jimcloud likes this.
  5. Jimcloud

Jimcloud Youngster

Talia
    (Gothita)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    Favorite game of the series is hard, because there are a lot of good, standout titles for me. Personally, though, it's probably gonna have to be Final Fantasy IX. Perfect combination of story with fun gameplay and an interesting world. There's just a lot to love in it.

Least favorite... mmmm... It's II. It's gotta be II. II is just not a fun game to play. The gameplay concept is really unique, but like, there's a reason it didn't take off. Please hit your allies to improve your combat skills.

Pokémon, I started playing when I was about six or seven with the first generation. I've been playing it off and on ever since - never missed a generation, actually. Excited to see what Gen VIII has to offer for us.

6. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I welcome you to the Lake, Jimcloud! :3

Jimcloud likes this.
  7. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Lots of people from the Nuzlocke forums lately. Welcome to the lake!

Bug and Jimcloud like this.
  8. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Nuzforums, huh? You guys seeking a partnership with LV?
    Well, we want you anyways! If you don't have time to always be on LV due to moderation duties, don't worry about it! We won't just kick you out! We'll permanently ban your IP address!.

All jokes aside, welcome to Lake Valor!

Jimcloud and Bug like this.
  9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Welcome to Lake Valor! It's great seeing all these faces from the NuzlockeForums! I'm a fan of Final Fantasy as well. Which one is your favorite?

Hope to see you around!

Jimcloud likes this.
  10. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Hi! It's great to meet you! Writing is one of my greatest passions too as you'll...probably find out! I've never quite understood what Nuzlocke means...care to explain?
    I hope you enjoy your time here! Lake Valor is an awesome place!

Jimcloud likes this.
  11. Jimcloud

Jimcloud Youngster

Talia
    (Gothita)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    Generally, hello to everyone, thank you for welcoming me to the forum! This is a lot more than I was expecting on greetings, haha. More specifically, for a few questions:

Hi! My favorite Final Fantasy is probably IX - I wrote a bit more on why in a post a little further up.

A nuzlocke is a runthrough of Pokémon played under a challenging ruleset - at its most basic, you can only catch the first Pokémon you see on each route, and should that Pokémon ever faint, it will be considered dead and can no longer be used. There are a lot of variations on that, for example rules to change up the encounter bit for example (otherwise you can end up with a lot of duplicates) but that's it at its most basic. Hope that clears it up!

Bug and Momo Kiseki like this.
  12. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Jimcloud likes this.