1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Hylian, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Why do I get the feeling that @[member="Achromatic"] is never going to stop posting here?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is a 3D fighting game in which players can fight against each other using characters taken from all eight current story arcs from Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga series (and one prior work by Araki), fighting in various locations taken from the manga. Like most fighting games, the aim is to defeat your opponent by draining their stamina gauge (HP is used in a certain game mode) with various attacks and special techniques. The player wins a round by draining all of their opponent's stamina, or by possessing more stamina than their opponent when time runs out. Gameplay uses five main buttons; light, medium, and heavy attacks, a dodge button, and a "Style" button. Along with the ability to use various special attacks and techniques with different directional inputs, each character possesses a Battle Style, allowing them to utilize additional moves with the "Style" button. Styles fall into one of six main categories: Hamon, Vampirism, Mode, Stand, Mounted, and Baoh Armed Phenomenon, each utilizing different abilities when the Style button is pressed. For example, Hamon users can use the power of the Hamon to augment their strength, whilst Stand users can summon out their Stand, giving them additional move types whilst also making themselves more vulnerable.

Have fun. :)

2. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    ??? Posted it just like that, with no context and/or blurb about the game? Well okay.

I liked it! Plays like a mixture of Tekken and Street Fighter if you ask me. And, in a rare twist of fate, it's a fighter game that actually has some semblance of a story mode! Gasp! Sure, all it does is go over the manga story but it's still a nice recap all the same. And those graphics! Wowza! Bandi be giving Capcom a run for its money on the licensed games front, haha. Overall the game has a unique 'feel' to it that certainly emulates the series it is based on. I'd definitely recommend it if you like Jojo and own a PS3!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I've gotta agree, I wish there was a bit more context put in. @[member="Nbay64"], please edit the thread with some info about the game for newbies.

Haven't played it, but I've seen a lot about it and it seems like an amazing game. If you're a Jojo fan it is a must buy. So many cool references packed in as well which makes it enjoyable.

And the music, did I mention that it's gorgeous?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Initial Topic intro has been updated.

I first got into the game when my friend Tanner brought it over one day to play with me. It was loads of fun, and now I've come down with JoJo fever. Now if only I could get around to binge-watching the anime,,,

5. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    So~, guess who just bought the game~~
    Yes, me. I love it oh so far, but I need to watch more before before i really get into the plot of the game. -I don't need spoilers!-

Achromatic likes this.
  6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    You're going to have a bit of a problem there. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime is only on Arc 3, Stardust Crusaders. The game features spoilers from every Jojo arc in the manga so far, way up to part 8. So be careful, as even watching more of the anime won't save you from spoilers.

7. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Every arc? I have to catch up~
    I've been using training mode for the time being, besides that I still haven't started yet, due to spoilers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.