1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Just call me Gordon Ramsay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Jul 15, 2018.

1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Do any of you guys cook your own food? If yes, what's your favorite dish to make? Are you any good at cooking? If not, why not? Do you think you'll ever learn?

I'm a chef (not really). I enjoy cooking.... though I'm not very good. I can cook very few things.
    1) Soup
    2) Soup
    3) Soup

Yeah. So what can you cook up? You idiot sandwich.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    ...Eggs

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I'll have you know that I only eat idiot sandwiches! Because I can basically only cook sandwiches. Because I'm an idiot.

Real talk though, I don't often do for realies cooking because I can't be bothered to go through the time and effort to make and prepare the meal. I will take microwave food and sandwiches so I don't have to expend effort!

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    You don't do for realies cooking... ah a true college student.

5. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I've been trying to learn how to cook more food but right now I'm a lot better at baking, even though I'm not a huge fan of sweets. I can bake a mean batch of brownies though! I can really only cook potato salad, fried rice, and pancakes. Hoping to add fried chicken to that list soon, though.

6. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I can make sandwiches, cereal, instant noodles... uh...

7. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I can make a pana cotta, but with the help of my teacher at school. Probably going to forget in a few years. Other than that, I can fry an egg.

8. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    If left on my own, I usually can't be bothered to cook myself anything decent :sweat: Sandwiches are, indeed, great.

If I needed to though, I'm not completely hopeless at cooking. I like making stir fries, despite how much effort they take. I can cook things like sausages, or boil eggs, or make pancakes... honestly the list goes on. All it takes is a bit of experience really, and I've spent quite a few nights helping make dinner for the family.

9. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I've been forced to memorize how to make home-made biscuits and I somewhat know how to make my own hand breaded fried chicken, as long as someone is there to make sure that I don't mess up. Umm...I'm learning how to make my own chicken in pasta right now...

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I can.
    Fun fact my friend and I tagged Ramsay in a picture of food she made on twitter and we kept @ing him to get him to respond gnsfgs

11. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Yes I actively cook, usually dinner and that's maybe 2-3 nights a week. Pretty much can do anything except complicated roasts. My parents are also very good cooks and my cousin is a chef at a hotel restaurant...so it does run somewhat in the family.

We do have a four-generations old beef shortribs recipe that is a massive hit every time it's made. Too bad it's hella fatty

12. antemortem

antemortem Youngster

Weldon
    (Stunky)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽22.7
    I cook quite frequently. I watch a lot of baking and cooking shows, in addition to an unhealthily copious amount of Gordon Ramsay's various shows (Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Hotel Hell, etc.), Youtube clips, and so on. They inspire me a great deal to try new techniques and ingredient combinations on a daily basis. Not eating meat can be a hindrance at times since televised vegetarian/vegan recipes are rare, but I've become a lot more familiar with how non-meat and non-dairy ingredients can work together, and which ones don't actually mesh.

The most recent recipe I made was from veganmexicanfood; Swiss Cream Enchiladas! The recipe called for:
    • vegan sour cream,
    • diced tomatoes with green chiles,
    • red onion,
    • green bell pepper,
    • cumin seed,
    • garlic,
    • red pepper flakes,
    • tomato puree (I diluted tomato paste with water),
    • and vegan cheese.
    The swiss cream sauce was made from the sour cream and diced tomatoes with chiles in a food processor and set in the fridge to cool. The enchilada mixture was then made from the finely diced onion, bell pepper, cumin seed, garlic, and red pepper flakes amidst the diluted tomato paste and cheese. The recipe only called for two "large" cloves of garlic, but even one large clove and two medium-sized cloves weren't really enough, so I added some minced garlic at the end with an extra shot of salt and pepper so that the sauce was a bit more fragrant. Tomato paste, even when diluted, can be VERY potently tomato-y, so that had to be cut down for the other ingredients to shine through.

After I rolled the mixture taut in three warm flour tortillas, I blanketed them with the swiss cream sauce and topped with more vegan cheese. Near the end of the 10 minutes in the oven, I broiled them until the cheese was fully melted and the edges of the tortillas browned, then sprinkled them with some Spanish paprika. Okay, I couldn't find Spanish paprika so I just used regular paprika, sue me.

Needless to say... this shit was delicious lol.

LostSpirit likes this.
  13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I can make cookies! And cookies! Especially 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies!
    And the occasional pancake. Only when I have flour or pancake mix.
    Also can make French toast.
    And I can make macarons and cake with the right ingredients and oven.

DON’T JUDGE ME I JUST HAVE A SWEET BEAK/TOOTH OKAY

14. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I'm so bad at cooking I'll probably find a way to mess even those up... I mean I'm a 5 star chef I swear

15. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I mess EVERYTHING up, but the one thing I can do is eggs. If I can do them, anyone can.

Butternut likes this.
  16. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I like to take a plain old package of ramen and doctor it up with bacon, frozen veggies, an egg, and some cheese. depending on how you do it, you can turn ramen in to full and filling meal. I recently introduced a college student to doing this and it completely changed his life.

17. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    Most of what I make is either breakfast food or dessert. I make pancakes, waffles, crepes, sausage, bacon, eggs (all kinds of eggs too), hash browns. I also like baking a lot, except I can't seem to pull the dessert out of the oven at the right time ever. I'm not that great, but I try.

P.S. put Tabasco in your scrambled eggs before you cook them.

18. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I'd consider myself a decent cook at least. I have to cook for myself nearly every day, so I need at least some skills. Aside from that, I also work in a restaurant, so that helps.

Also I tend to curse a lot while cooking so Gordon Ramsay is spot on :)