1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Just seeing who'd be interested. Pokemon of the Week art contest! Winner chooses next theme!

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by OzoneFruit, Aug 6, 2018.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    This idea popped into my head after I looked back through some dA groups I've joined, so I wanted to see if people here would be interested in giving it a try. (As the title says, just trying to see who'd be interested before jumping into anything :3)

Basically, each week, there would be a Pokémon for people to draw; if people would like to start this, I'd give the first one ;) At the end of the first week, I'd pick a winner, and they'd get a little something as well (Thinking maybe 25 PP, and me retweeting their art if they're all right with that :3) The winner would then choose the Pokémon for people to draw next week, and they'd choose the winner, and so on and so forth. I think it would be a great way for people to draw new Pokémon/get motivated to draw on a semi-regular basis! *_*

If you'd be interested in joining, please reply here! Hoping to get around... let's say five people to start with apart from me :3

People interested so far:
    1. @Umeronno
    2. @awney
    3. @DemonicKraken
    4. @BZRich64
    5. @Arod
    6. @Gazi
    7. @luxuryluxray
    8. @Negative Zero
    9. @Ridlins
    10. @Coraline
    11. @EtherealHaze

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    guest likes this.
  2. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    This sounds dope, I'm down for being a part of this! Having the winner choose the next theme Pokémon is a great idea--it'll stop the same artist winning every time and making everything fairer.
    Would the winner be up to the personal preference of the user who picks the theme, or will there be judging guidelines? Just out of curiosity! Great idea either way~ ♥

OzoneFruit likes this.
  3. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    oh im so down

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guest and OzoneFruit like this.
  4. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'd say just more of a personal preference :3 Different artists have different tastes! ;)

guest likes this.
  5. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I may be in. Possibly. Depends on how my motivation is at the time, and for what the Pokémon is. But yeah, sure, I'd be fairly interested.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I need to start drawing more regularly and this would probably help be motivated to actually do so. I'm in.

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    It’s cool but I probably won’t join. I’d get curb stomped by the other artists XD

8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    A weekly theme means you can keep experimenting and improving though! :D Doesn't hurt to give it a few tries ;)

9. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Eh, I’m always up to draw. Might as well get an excuse to show off a bit, even if I do/will get curbstomped

OzoneFruit likes this.
  10. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Sweet, seems we have a solid amount of people interested in this so far! @Vigilance has reached out to me and we're gonna coordinate a bit to set up a schedule/points system! First Pokémon theme will probably be up in about two weeks, but in the mean time, I'd love to see more people "sign up" so to speak X3 Start thinking about what Pokémon you'd like to see people draw when you win as well! :D

Vigilance and guest like this.
  11. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    This sounds like an amazing idea. It would definitely be motivation to get me drawing again, because I've kinda been lacking that lately.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  12. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I'd be up for this, it sounds like a great way to force myself to draw :P Can't say I'll join in every week because I'm a busy bee, but I'd like to participate every now and then.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  13. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Well that won't be stopping me. I am probably totally effed if the Pokémon each round is any of the 806 other than Accelgor, but I'm going to try anyway!

Now, a question about format and technical limitations: I don't have a tablet or paints or colored pencils or any of that: just pencil, pen, white paper, and a good camera. The only way I can introduce color is digitally afterwards, like the top colored image of my drawing thread, but I have ideas for adding gradient or texture into that. My question is this: how much of the drawing can be by-hand (even by stylus), and how much can be digital "editing"? Should there be a solid rule set ahead of time?

14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Any and all mediums will be accepted! ;) If you have enough knowledge about photo editing, go for it! :D

Absolute Zero likes this.
  15. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I remember doing this a couple of years ago, back when I was still on DA. I'd definitely be interested.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  16. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Count me in

OzoneFruit likes this.
  17. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    This sounds like a great idea! I'll definitely give it a shot :)

OzoneFruit likes this.
  18. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Guess I can try ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Maybe I won't do it every week tho.

19. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    This could be a thing, but I'll probably only participate in a select few weeks.

20. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Sounds dope. I think it would really help jog my Pokémon memories lol.

OzoneFruit likes this.