1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kagami [Mirror]

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Pixel, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, [member='Aura'] here with something quite different to my usual content.

For my English class, I was tasked with writing a narrative based on an image, and since it's now completed, I'd love to share it with all of you! I've shown it to a few people on here already with an immense amount of positive feedback, so I wanted to see what everyone else thought!

Feel free to leave a critique, but know that this has already been submitted and as such I won't really use the criticism. :sweat:

~​
    [SIZE=14pt]Kagami[/SIZE]​
    (Image)​
    [SIZE=12pt]My name's Lucina. Well, it used to be, but now I go by Leo. For years I've been playing the role of a boy, which has caused a lot of problems, but now that I'm older there's a different problem I have to deal with, love. There's this boy, Andrew, who I have a few classes with at the university I attend, and we've gotten along really well. One day, he admitted that he had feelings for me, and at the time I was so pleased that I admitted I harboured the same feelings, but it didn't occur to me until later that there was no way I could keep my identity a secret and love Andrew at the same time. There was no way, is no way I can tell him, but I love him too much to lose him.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] It was another regular after-class study session with Andrew, about a year after we had first confessed to each other. We were going over the notes we had taken for our math classes on analytical geometry, but Andrew was getting bored.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Leo, this is so boring!' Andrew whined, chucking his pencil across the living room and shuffling closer to me, leaning on my shoulder. 'Let's do something fun!'[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Andy, please. We've got that huge test next week, and I don't plan on failing it.' I grumbled, trying to push him off. He clung to my arm, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes. I rolled mine in response.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Andrew, please. Get off.' I grunted, now attempting to shove him away from me. He let go, looking quite upset.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Leo, what's wrong with you? You've been acting really weird lately. I though you said that...' he trailed off, turning to face the other way. I sighed and grabbed his shoulder. Now was the time I had to tell him, or else I'd ruin what we had.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Andrew, there's something I need to tell you, something really important...' I started, taking a deep breath. He looked at me, his confused expression making it hard for me to start.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'I'm... I'm not a guy, at least biologically. For a long time, I've been pretending to be someone I'm not, someone I used to know and care about. But I can't be that person anymore, not if we're going to love each other. That's why I've been acting so strange, because I just feel really awkward about this, and I'm sorry, I just, ugh...' I trailed off, feeling really frustrated.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] Andrew just looked at me, with the faintest smile on his face. Then he leant in and, without warning, planted a small kiss on my lips. It lasted less than a second, but it was my first one.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'I know. I've always known. Your mother told me ages ago, when we first met. And I don't care. Whether you're Leo or Lucina on the outside, the person you are on the inside remains the same, and that's the person I've fallen for.'[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] I sat there, staring at him, with a million thoughts racing through my head. He already knew? Is that why he'd said he had feelings for me? I'd heard of liking based on personality and not appearance, but this was something else entirely.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'I need a minute...' I stammered.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Take all the time you need.' Andrew smiled back. I managed to get on my feet and made my way to my room, where I stood in front of the full-length mirror.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Uh, hey.'[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'Hello there.'[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'I'm sorry, but I can't be you anymore. It's been too long since I've been out.'[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] 'You never had to be me. Go. He's waiting, for the real you.'[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt] I nodded, taking a look at my twin brother for the last time. After getting changed, I took another look in the mirror. I was a completely different person, yet I didn't feel any different. I left to join Andrew in the living room, leaving my brother behind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was 12 years ago, but the image of my dead twin brother still haunt me to this day. As usual, he had convinced me that we were to venture into the forest outside our home and find the "treasure" he was adamant had been hidden there. He was always dragging me on all sorts of adventures, but I had this horrid feeling that this one wouldn't go our way. As he tried to scale one of the trees, he grabbed a branch that broke off with a sickening crack, and came crashing down to the hard ground. At a loss on how to help him, I rushed him back to our mother, who was heart-broken, but by that point my brother had left us. I was destroyed without him. We were so alike that I started to wear his old clothes and speak to myself in the mirror, as if he was still there. Eventually, it became so normal that I did it constantly, and had adopted his identity.[/SIZE]

~​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Megarai111 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.