1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kalos starters of your choice

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Cherry3Fairy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Out of all the Pokémon that come in your mind when thinking about Kalos Pokémon, is/are there any Pokémon you think would be good for starters?
    As we know, Kalos region starters are Fennekin, Chespin and Froakie, but if you are to choose any Pokémon except those, which three/two/one would you choose?
    Its obvious that you have to choose a fire type, a grass type and a water type. And the Pokémon must not be evolved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Well, for Kalos I think we could go for alternate types.

Like having Goomy as a starter. You have to put in a lot of work but the payoff would be worth it. Goomy would also be a non-intimidating starter Pokémon for new trainers.

I honestly want to see an Eevee as a starter but not with a forced, evolve into Sylveon mechanic. Maybe making it easier to evolve into Sylveon but still having an option to evolve into other Eeveeloutions.

Maybe Honedge could be a starter. It could be for the people who want to have a challenge in gaining the respect of the possessed sword and form a powerful bond that could allow you to wield it as a sword. this would show the trust this Pokémon has in you since the Pokédex states that if you try to wield it like a sword then it will suck the life out of you with its blue scarf hand thing

Sorry this doesn't fit the criteria of what you were asking for but I feel like if you have Pokémon that aren't the traditional starters then the should be different types just for a little more diversity and could make for an interesting battles against rivals since it won't be as Rock Paper Scissors as Fire, Water, and Grass are :/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My first thoughts were Clauncher for water, Skiddo for grass, and Litleo for fire. Like most starters, all of them are based off of clearly identifiable animals. Of the three of them, I would probably want Skiddo. It's really cute.

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    All that criteria leaves us with:

Grass: Skiddo, Phantump, Pumpkaboo
    Fire: Litleo
    Water: Binacle, Skrelp, Clauncher

Have fun with all those options....

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Well, Water-Fire-Grass is not the only type trio; there is also Dark-Psychic-Fighting, so maybe Pawniard-Espurr-Pancham?