1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kanto Power Plant vs New Mauville

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Oct 27, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    In both Kanto and Hoenn, there were the region's respective power plant. For the most part, both were abandoned and provided a home for electric Pokémon. In both, there were item balls that were either actual items or concealed voltorbs that provided hazards for the player who seeked the items. However, each had different designs, but overall was one another's counterpart.

Did you like the powerplants? Which one did you like better? Which had the better design?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I like how Hoenn had the switches, to add a little bit of a puzzle, while Kanto had Zapdos hidden the plant. Puzzles, or legendary Pokémon... Yeah I'll go with Kanto xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Ehm... catching a legendary makes every plave cool xD It's been a while since I visited either of them but Kanto just beats Hoenn because of Zapdos, no doubt.

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    The fact that a legendary Pokémon resided in the Kanto plant was the best part about it haha! I'll go with that one.

5. Warrior of Hope

Warrior of Hope Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I could go with the rest of the choices, too, but minus Zapdos I thought New Mauville had a better design and I loved the switches.

But still...nothing beats a legendary xD

6. Kitsune

Kitsune Fox Demon of Illusion

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Breaking away from the normal, I chose new mauville. I started with emerald, so the hoenn region is the most nostalgic to me. The switches provide a welcome puzzle, and I enjoyed the gym leader.

I agree that catching a legendary is rewarding, but sometimes I find the battles tedious.

7. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Kanto, cause Zapdos is a beast lmao

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Kanto had a waaay better power plant. It actually seemed like a power plant whereas Hoenn's was just.. off in some corner, not to mention very tiny and hardly fun to explore. So Kanto's Power Plant definitely takes my vote here as I found New Mauville to be one of the most forgettable areas in Pokémon overall.

9. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Huh, I always assumed New Mauville only powered up the city of Mauville, not the entire Hoenn region! Either way, it's so dinky, and I personally usually don't like puzzles. Kanto's power plant all the way for sure ;)

10. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I prefer the Kanto Power Plant. It was the original one and I think it is just that much better because of Zapdos.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    New Mauville is cool, but I prefer the power plant in Kanto. I've always liked the lay out of that one better and you can catch Zapdos there. The only thing New Mauville managed to do was annoy me with the switches that was something occupied by a Voltorb.

12. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Kanto's Power Plant is the one for me! It is simpler and has Zapdos! Thunderbird for the win!

13. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Definitely Kanto,
    Catching a legendary that i have still this day is much better than an electric puzzle in my opinion

14. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I much preferred Kanto's Power Plant. Not only did it have a better design:

-More Pokémon to catch
    -More (and better) items to find.
    -You can catch Zapdos... even this alone makes the Power Plant superior to New Mauville.

All you really do in New Mauville, is step on switches, find a couple insignificant items, find like, 2 Pokémon (only Voltorb and Magnemite) and fix a generator. Not much exciting, if you ask me.

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Hmm...I'm gonna save New Mauville since you can get Magnemite there which I loved using. You even get Thunderbolt for completing too!

16. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I loved New Mauville, so the Kanto Power Plant can't compare to the amazingness of it.
    So many Voltorbs~

17. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I like the backstory behind New Mauville a lot better than the Gen 1 Power Plant, so I'm gonna go with New Mauville. I like the layout of it better as well, plus you get Thunderbolt for completing it, which is an awesome TM.

18. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Kanto's power plant houses the legendary bird Zapdos, so it automatically makes it cool. On the other hand, New Mauville's had an interesting backstory, a better layout, and the TM Thunderbolt. Idk. It's a tough choice, but I'll go with New Mauville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.