1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Karaoke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cherry3Fairy, Jan 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Do you sing karaoke often? On mobile, TV, PC, what? What songs do you usually sing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I was actually singing karaoke in the office this morning, since I was by myself and nobody is going to hear me. I sing Renaissance Disney songs, Queen, 90s pop, or something from a musical. Or the 60s Spiderman theme. I am an individual with a delightfully varied vocal range and a singular talent to annoy the hell out of anyone who hears me. Which is why I generally do these things in private.

...that plus it's kinda embarrassing. I have less musical sense than a track composed by Shoji Meguro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I have a karaoke machine at my house... but I never use it :sweat: I don’t really like doing karaoke

4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I like karaoke but I almost never get to do it. I could sing lots of songs from movies, TV shows, Broadway, and a couple classic rock songs.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've only ever Karaoke'd live, never recorded. I sang Bohemian Rhapsody (in a group) and something else I can't remember. Maybe it was "Just A Friend" by Biz Markie, and I probably did it with all the in-line commentary too.

I mostly don't have the spiritual confidence to sing, so I don't plan on it again, but I have been practicing singing two songs just in case: "Mama Said" by Metallica (really more of a Country-Blues ballad, and probably good for the pitch of my voice) and "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers, though I'll probably never be able to inject all that pained story-telling emotion into the "I know, I know, I know" part.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    While I’ve been taking singing lessons for a few months, not once have I ever considered trying karaoke. There aren’t any places in my area that offer karaoke, and I’ve never seen a karaoke machine in person.

7. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    While my voice isn't bad, I HATE singing in public. I have participated in small groups and choirs before, but never a solo. With that being said, I have never done karaoke and probably never will because of my inherent shyness. I will sing on my own, though. Singing is a big part of personal composition and writing music, so I do it all the time to find the right notes.