1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal karatekid's attempt at a HeartGold nuzlocke (I'm so gonna lose)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Butternut, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    So since people starting nuzlockes is all the hype now, here I am xD

I actually decided to do this nuzlocke a few days back so I'm late with posting this, but oh well. My starter was Totodile, I currently have 3 badges and I've lost 4 Pokémon so far.

I don't have much time or access to my 3DS at the moment, but I'm posting this just so I don't forget. Please stay tuned for a full detailed update somewhere tomorrow.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I can't wait to hear more on this, I never played HGSS so nuzlockes of these games interest me a ton!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Waiting for updates! Definetly my favorite game at Pokémon :D

4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Don't forget to share your team!

5. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Alright here we go, time for the full detail update XD So I've just made it to Ecruteak City without too much trouble. I lost a Spinarak to a peck from a Goldeen, because I forgot it gets that. I lost a Gastly to a wild Rattata because I forgot at which level it learns which move, so Gastly got bitten and then pursuited as I tried to switch out... Oops :sweat: . I lost a Hoothoot to Silver's Bayleef critting it. And finally I lost a Spearow and I don't know what happened because I looked away for like a second.

My backup box currently looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    And then finally my current team in all its mediocre glory XD

[​IMG]Laxus the Flaaffy​
    Level 19​
    Nature: Serious​
    Ability: Rivalry​
    Moveset: Headbutt, Growl, Thundershock, Thunderwave​

[​IMG]Lisa the Drowzee​
    Level 17​
    Nature: Calm​
    Ability: Insomnia​
    Moveset: Headbutt, Hypnosis, Disable, Confusion​

[​IMG]Drgnsmkr the Togetic ​
    Level 18​
    Nature: Brave​
    Ability: Serene Grace​
    Moveset: Sweet Kiss, Charm, Extrasensory, Headbutt​

[​IMG]Fighterbit (Fightrabbit didn't fit, so it turned into that XD) the Nidorina​
    Level 18​
    Nature: Brave​
    Ability: Rivalry​
    Moveset: Poison Sting, Scratch, Tail Whip, Double Kick​
    [​IMG]Chatto the Geodude​
    Level 18​
    Nature: Lonely​
    Ability: Rock Head​
    Moveset: Tackle, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Polish​

And my starter:​
    [​IMG]Lukather the Croconaw​
    Level 21​
    Nature: Naive​
    Ability: Torrent​
    Moveset: Ice Fang, Bite, Water Gun, Rage

I'll bring more updates as I play more, I hope Silver and Morty don't wreck my team too much...

6. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Ecruteak City and the rise of "Savage"
    I'm done in Ecruteak city but oh boy did crazy stuff happen. Let's see where do I begin...

I went to the burned tower first and caught a Koffing which I named Polokus (If you get that reference you're my new best friend XD). Polokus was better than Lisa stat wise so I switched her for Polokus. After a bit of grinding, I was ready to battle Silver in the burned tower. Polokus has Assurance and used that to take out Silver's Gastly. His Bayleef was up next and I think the AI broke on me because Bayleef kept using Synthesis for incredibly small amounts of damage. Not that I'm complaining XD Now Fighterbit had an easy time dealing with it, after which Chatto dealed with his Magnemite and Zubat quite easily.

After I finished the stuff in burned tower, I figured I'd grind some more before challenging Morty and while I'm at it get some encounters along the way. On route 38 I caught a... Miltank... I named it THE ENDER :P On Route 42 I headbutted some trees and got an Aipom who I named Skull and in Mt.Mortar I caught Knucks the Machop.

Route 39 was up next and I encountered a Tauros... I needed Laxus for paralysis, but because he was at low HP after dealing the Paralysis, I had to switch out... And then Tauros used pursuit and killed it T_T Tauros continued giving me trouble, almost killing Fighterbit and breaking out of an Ultra Ball, but I managed to catch it and I named it Savage because it had no mercy. I figured since it gave me that hard a time I'd be a good addition to my team so I replaced Laxus with him.

Some more grinding later it was time to challenge Morty's gym. A random gym trainer's Haunter was set on killing Fighterbit, locking it in with mean look and then spamming night shade, even going as far as to use curse on the turn I would've taken it out to really make sure I hated it... but I survived that at least... And then came Morty, thankfully both my normal types had a move that is super effective of the Gengar line, so I figured I'd use them. Drgnsmkr OHKO'd Morty's Gastly after which I switched in to Savage. And it was here where Savage proved to be a great addition to my team. It took out both Morty's Haunters and his Gengar without taking damage... MVP right there.

That's all for this update, I'll leave you with my current team that's heading with me to Olivine City.

[​IMG]Polokus the Koffing
    Level 22
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Levitate
    Moveset: Assurance, Tackle, Smog, Smokescreen

[​IMG]Savage the Tauros
    Level 22
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moveset: Rest, Horn Attack, Scary Face, Pursuit

[​IMG]Drgnsmkr the Togetic
    Level 21
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Moveset: Sweet Kiss, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, Headbutt

[​IMG]Fighterbit (Fightrabbit didn't fit, so it turned into that XD) the Nidorina
    Level 23
    Ability: Rivalry
    Moveset: Poison Sting, Scratch, Bite, Double Kick

[​IMG]Chatto the Geodude
    Level 21
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moveset: Tackle, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Polish

[​IMG]Lukather the Croconaw
    Level 24
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Torrent
    Moveset: Ice Fang, Bite, Water Gun, Rage​

#6 Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Cadbberry likes this.
  7. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Cianwood: The city of gold-plated sorrow
    Another city done and this one left me with very mixed feelings.

After beating Morty, I could use surf out of battle. I did this to get myself the moon stone in the Ruins of Alph and evolve Fighterbit into her final form of Queen ^_^
    After that nice little extra power addition to my team, I was ready for Olivine. Once there, I got the good rod and got me a Krabby who I named Chipper in the city and on Route 40 KARPIEKARP the karp XD

The lighthouse was up next and nothing really happened there except Chatto evolving, so yeah off to Cianwood it was... On the route there I caught a Tentacool... yay.
    So anyway in Cianwood there's a trainer who gives you their Shuckle, Shuckie, which I counted as my encounter there. Two Pokémon I'm totalllllyyyyyy excited to have right there :P

After this bunch of little details it was time to get myself ready for Chuck, time to train up the team-aaaaaand Chatto died from a crit bubblebeam from a Krabby... What a great start... I replaced him with Knucks...

Alright that was an incident, it can happen I guess, let's go on with training and-wait what....... What is.... SHINY GOLDEN KARP [​IMG]
    Yep, somehow, for the first time ever I encountered a shiny in a game pre gen 6... And it's a karp... In the game that has a shiny Gyarados already... I LOVE IT XD

Alright that made up for the loss of Chatto, grinding is finally done and Fighterbit can take everythin-... Ice Punch... This Hitmonchan has Ice Punch... Whyyyyyyyyyyy T_T I just got Fighterbit to her queen form, dang it... Alright back to grinding...

So after switching out Fighterbit with Lisa and evolving both her and Lukather, I was finally fully prepared to take on Chuck. I started with Drgnsmkr who warped his Primeape into another dimension with Extrasensory, then switched out to Lisa for the Poliwrath. Lisa was the perfect counter as she has Insomnia an Poliwrath uses an hypnosis and focus punch combo. Breaking this strategy didn't help me too much though, I got stuck in a stall battle.
    [​IMG]
    Poliwrath is confused at the moment above... But a hyper potion took care of my progress. After which Poliwrath broke through the confusion 3 turns in a row... Then got confused again... And broke through another 3 turns and then finally hit itself once on a turn I was paralyzed. :fuming: I'm not mad, you're mad.
    At least... Almost all my healing items later, I beat it without losing any Pokémon, so yeah at least there's that.

I'm not challenging another gym right away (I'm scared) so I'm just gonna do the Lake of Rage stuff next, let's hope these 6 will still be with me in the next update.

[​IMG]Lisa the Hypno
    Level 26
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Insomnia
    Moveset: Headbutt, Hypnosis, Drain Punch, Psybeam

[​IMG]Knucks the Machop
    Level 27
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: No Guard
    Moveset: Revenge, Focus Energy, Karate Chop, Foresight
    [​IMG]Polokus the Koffing
    Level 27
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Levitate
    Moveset: Assurance, Tackle, Sludge, Smokescreen

[​IMG]Savage the Tauros
    Level 26
    Moveset: Rest, Horn Attack, Rock Tomb, Payback

Level 26
    Moveset: Sweet Kiss, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, Fly

[​IMG]Lukather the Feraligatr

Level 30
    Moveset: Ice Fang, Crunch, Water Gun, Agility

#7 Apr 26, 2017
  8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    A golden carp!! You better transfer that up to the current games!

Butternut likes this.
  9. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Lots of random stuff and Lithium
    It's been a few days :sweat: So I guess the next update is gonna have the hype of two gym battles, while this is just like the title says, lots of random stuff XD

Let's start of with Route 43 where I caught a Girafarig who I named Siamese... Not much more to say there but hey new encounter XD After this it was straight to the Lake of Rage to catch my second shiny Gyarados (just kidding, I'm not evolving the other one). I caught it and named it Karenia. I also headbutted a tree there and caught a Pineco that I named Eda, since the Gyarados is a static encounter, meaning I can get a second one :P

After this the rocket HQ was a walk in the park because of the difference in level of my Pokémon compared to theirs. So not much happened here XD Knucks evolved so that was cool. I also caught one of the Electrodes powering the base, because why not lol. It's name is Dreyar.

After clearing out that HQ, I went back to cure Amphy in Olivine, so that the path to the safari zone would open up and I could catch a few more Pokémon. First up was Cliff Cave, I didn't expect much from it since I have most cavedwellers, so they will probably all be dupes and-HOLY SHIT A STEELIX... After one dupe encounter, I got a freaking Steelix... There's like a 2% you get that thing in there, what even XD But I'm not complaining a Steelix on the team will be awesome... I just don't know who to replace yet. But oh well Lithium can be a backup for when something dies.

I went out of the cave and caught a Shellder who I named Tailbiter... My naming skills really showed with that one... Anyway, I went on with the route and then it happened, the double battle that solved my problem: Polokus has the worst special defense ever and getting hit with both an Electabuzz' thunderbolt and a Magmar's flamethrower proved too big a challenge, rest in piece my friend. I knew that special defense would get you killed... But hey now I know who to replace with Lithium XD

I caught a Gloom on route 48 who I named Blaziken, because I really couldn't think of a more creative blaze pun... And that's about it, I hope to be back soon with two more badges and my team still intact. Speaking of which, here they are ^_^

[​IMG]Lisa the Hypno
    Level 28

[​IMG]Knucks the Machoke
    Level 28

[​IMG]Lithium the Steelix
    Level 23
    Nature: Serious
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moveset: Rock Throw, Rage, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm

[​IMG]Savage the Tauros
    Level 29
    Moveset: Rest, Horn Attack, Zen Headbutt, Payback

Level 30
    Moveset: Wish, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, Fly

Level 31
    Moveset: Ice Fang, Crunch, Water Gun, Agility​

#9 May 3, 2017
  10. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Yooo it has been some time since I got to update this, I have two new entries for this, but I'll post the second one either later today or tomorrow :P

Soooo here we go, time for that double gym battle chapter xD

The double gym smackdown

After the end of the last chapter the first thing I did was get myself an encounter in the Safari Zone... Microwave the Magnemite has been added to the box. After that I grinded a bit more and then it was off to Jasmine.

Jasmine clearly has never fought her own ace Pokémon xD Lithium OHKO'd both of her Magnemites and with a crit dig it also weakened her Steelix enough for Lukather to come in and finish the job. It was pretty much the easiest gym battle yet, oops :3 But I knew Pryce would give me more trouble so I taught the Iron Tail TM I got from Jasmine to Savage. I also decided to train a little more and battled a trainer that set up 3 Nasty plots with their Ninetales... I got very lucky in that battle because it was raining, but after that battle it was time to face Pryce.

Pryce started with his Seel, which didn't give Lisa too much trouble, but it refused to die, rest spam is a bitch :/: Anyway I beat that thing fairly easily and then it was time for his Piloswine. This thing had me worried, but after Savage weakened it, Lukather could once again come in to finish the job. Last up was his Dewgong, which Knucks punched into obivilion, OHKO'ing it with revenge xD

So with both those battles done, I have 7 gym badges and that means (I planned this rule beforehand) that I get to evolve Knucks ^_^ This was the last thing I did for this chapter, leaving me with the following team that's going with me to the radio tower:

[​IMG]Lisa the Hypno
    Level 31

[​IMG] Knucks the Machamp
    Level 31

Level 31
    Moveset: Rock Throw, Slam, Dig, Sandstorm

[​IMG]Savage the Tauros
    Level 31
    Moveset: Rest, Horn Attack, Zen Headbutt, Iron Tail

Level 32
    Moveset: Wish, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, Fly

Level 33
    Moveset: Ice Fang, Crunch, Water Gun, Agility​

#10 May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  11. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Wow!! Shiny karp in HGSS what a surprise :'D
    HGSS is probably my favourite version too, it's just so nostalgic but you can see the buddy Pokémon too! :D

12. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Alright, it's been a few days because I was busy :sweat: Anyway here we go

A hero falls for the greater good
    After slaying those gyms I felt really good about stuff and went straight for team rocket at the radio tower, which of course has a battle against our buddy Silver and his broken AI when using his starter xD Before I got to this battle nothing really gave me trouble, so I'm skipping straight to it. It started with Lukather taking out his Golbat fairly easily and his Magnemite waited the same faith as Jasmin's. After that it was time for the Meganium, but before I could even see if his AI broke once again... Savage had already taken it out with a crit. He might have almost wrecked my team, now that he's on it, he's pulling it along >:) After that his Sneasel was punched into next week by Knucks and then his Haunter decided to mess with me. That thing used a combo of mean look, curse and confuse ray in an attempt to take out Drgnsmkr, but Drgnsmkr broke through and ended yet another important battle in a deathless victory for me ^_^

Moving along in the Goldenrod underground, a random grunt decided to selfdestruct his Koffing, but thankfully Knucks survived. With a lot of close calls in this chapter and the last chapter already, I was extra carefull about the last part of the radio tower, but the executives fell one by one without putting up much of a fight, so I reached Archer easily...

I knew Archer had his scary Nasty Plot Houndoom, so I had to give Lukather Surf to deal with that, which also meant that his Houndour got drowned instantly, after which Lisa took out his Koffing with an OHKO, so the battle was in the bag....... Until, of course, what else... but a crit. A crit bite from that Houndoom took out Lukather when I thought it was fine. The first one did 34 damage leaving me at 72HP, now 34 times 2 is 68 so I thought that there was no way it was gonna kill... But it did, so there goes my starter... Knucks came in to finish off the Houndoom.

I still feel really bad about that loss, but our new team member is none other than the red Gyarados, Karenia. Which leaves me with the following team:

[​IMG]Karenia the Gyarados
    Level 30
    Nature: Gentle
    Moveset: Bite, Dragon Rage, Leer, Twister

[​IMG]Lisa the Hypno
    Level 32

[​IMG] Knucks the Machamp
    Level 33

Level 32
    Moveset: Rock Throw, Slam, Dig, Sandstorm

[​IMG]Savage the Tauros
    Level 33
    Moveset: Rest, Horn Attack, Zen Headbutt, Iron Tail

Level 34
    Moveset: AncientPower, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, Fly​

#12 May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  13. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    RIPPP man. It sucks to lose your starter in a nuzlocke. But don't worry though, because I feel like you're gonna do great with this nuzlocke!