1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kecleons Answer Questions Poorly

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Kecleon, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    So, after disappearing for a couple of years now, it seems like the time has come again to show my flying colors by opening up a question thread of my own. You know, again. (I have, like, two of these from before I stopped coming here.)

Anyway, have at thee! Ask away, and I'll try my best to answer as well as I can. And you should do it soon, before I disappear again!

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    What do you think has changed the most about LV since the last time you were here?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Honestly, quite a few things have changed for me ever since I stopped by here last. Certainly one of the biggest changes is the ValorDex, which is a fascinating addition that's much more enjoyable and engaging than Pokecord over on Discord. Also, the new logo for Lake Valor is really neat, with the whole minimalist approach while still making it look unique. I can't get enough of that, or the look of the majority of the site as a whole.

Seeing it all freshened up like that made coming back to my old profile cringey as heck, though, and I'm gonna slowly update it, so I can be just as cool as LV has come to be.

4. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,047.8
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Have you used Kecleon in battle against other players much? If so what is your preferred moveset?

5. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    If it's on the console itself, I usually don't play against other people much, so that solves that!
    If it's for something like Pokémon Showdown, while I tend to stay out of the major tiers, I remember piling a Kecleon into a ZU team I made once that has been lost to the ages ever since, since it was supposedly one of the best Pokémon to use in the tier.

As for the moveset, pretty sure I used the Bulky Mixed Attacker setup Smogon had, so:
    -Knock Off
    -Drain Punch
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Sucker Punch

Yeah, I should get back into that tier instead of screwing with my Electric and Fairy Monotype teams, honestly. 'Cause I remember having a lot of fun with Kecleon in that tier.

6. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Why did you pick Kecleon for your username?

7. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Easy. Kecleon is, without a doubt, my favorite Pokémon.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  8. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Follow-up question, why is Kecleon your favorite Pokémon?

9. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Fair question. You see, when both I and Pokémon were a lot younger, I was gifted with a copy of Pokémon Emerald, which was basically the newest and hottest thing at the time. I spent a long time playing that game, admittedly screwing up my team with a Lv. 60-something Sceptile and a Lv. 12 Zigzagoon. But I was young, and I didn't really know better.

However, despite the means to getting there, I ended up arriving in Fortree City, ready to challenge the Gym Leader, when, naturally, something invisible was blocking my path. I was perplexed, wondering if my game was busted, and so I trekked to the next route, where Steven was there and waiting, before giving me a Devon Scope, and allowing me to trek a little farther to finally find what had been standing in my way before, a Kecleon.

Now, it wasn't just the fact that a Kecleon suddenly appeared right in front of me. Because, in Emerald, you had actual animated sprites, rather than the static ones from R&S. So, not only did it suddenly appear to me in the overworld, but as soon as I jumped into battle with it, it showed off its capabilities right then and there by turning his whole sprite invisible and back multiple times before assuming his battle pose.

My young mind was blown that there was actually a Pokémon that was capable of something as cool as that. Plus, when it started changing its type as well, thanks to Color Change, I decided right then and there that Kecleon would be my favorite Pokémon, without a doubt. A fact that became solidified as soon as I began to play the Mystery Dungeon games, and found out that not only is Kecleon one of the most important characters in the game, being the shopkeep, but also the thing that always makes me check that I have enough money to buy things from it in mystery dungeons, because it is quite the terrifying foe to face, and possibly the single-most overpowered Pokémon ever made.

So, long story short, Kecleon made a gigantic impression on me as a kid, and I don't regret deciding him to be my all-time top Pokémon for one second. Other Pokémon have come close, admittedly, but Kecleon will always be my number one.

Jeydis, RadEmpoleon and ChocoChicken like this.
  10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    What's your least favourite thing about Kecleon? Or is it too awesome to have any flaws?

11. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Unfortunately, there is one major flaw to Kecleon that I must admit to, despite my love for the guy. And that is, of course, the fact that it is utter trash to use against other people competitively. I mean, it is in the ZU tier on Smogon for a reason. If it's going into a friendly match with someone, I may consider raising a Kecleon for the battle, but no way in heck would I ever use him in legitimate tournaments.

Then again, Se Jun Park won at World's with a Pachirisu, so who knows? Maybe Kecleon could have a shot at being great as well. Don't know how, but he could.

12. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,047.8
    That post was fantastic btw, so nostalgic as I had the very same experience with my first play through of emerald (had not played Ruby or Sapphire at that point)

As for usage I have found Kecleon to be a great little revenge killer with a protean priority moves build. Won't destroy any metas but it can surprise some folk for sure (snatch is hilarious against obvious set up 'mons)

Onto the questions!
    - What Pokémon did you have as your main partner pair in PMD?
    - If you could make an evolution of Kecleon what would you want it to be like?

13. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Depends on which PMD you mean, because I've played through them all. (Except Gates to Infinity, but I'm not really in any rush to get to that one.)
    -For my Rescue Team playthrough, I remember that I was a Charmander while my partner was Treecko.
    -For my Explorers playthrough, I've played through it so many gosh darn times, I don't have a clear answer to that. Though, I'll just say the team I have now in my current playthrough of the game, which is that I'm a Shinx, and my partner is a Phanpy.
    -For Super Mystery Dungeon, I was a Torchic, while my partner was Riolu.

If Kecleon was to ever get an evolution, I'd want a couple of things. First, improve upon its decent Attack and Special Defense, while also giving it a boatload more of Speed. Seriously, one of the reasons Kecleon is so bad competitively is because it's slow as heck. And in my mind, Kecleon should evolve into a slender, more agile creature than it is now. You know, like Heliolisk or something.

Also, giving it access to Reflect Type would be awesome, as it would change up its already variable typing even more.

Jeydis likes this.
  14. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @Kecleon352

- If you could get rid of one Pokémon's evolution, who's would you delete and why?
    - Are there any good local ice cream shops near you?
    - What is the last movie you watched?

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Do you like flowers? What's your favourite flower?

16. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    What do you usually have for breakfast?

17. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,047.8
    Favorite bug type? Not including our favorite Chameleon-mon :D