1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kia Kaha

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NIC, Mar 15, 2019.

1. NIC

NIC Rarer than a shiny

Wonny
    (Oshawott)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽541.6
    Poké Doll ★★
    I don't know if this is really the right place for this thread.

I also do not know how many people on this forum are from New Zealand, but I would like to use this as a way to reach out to any of those affected by this friday's tragedy.

I'll avoid going into gritty details, but from someone who is doing her best to show support to her Maori friends, I decided to extend that support to any of you here who may have been affected by this horrible incident.

Stay strong New Zealand.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NIC

NIC Rarer than a shiny

Wonny
    (Oshawott)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽541.6
    Poké Doll ★★
    In my initial post (yes I am aware I am double posting, but as this is a serious issue I do not see a problem with flexing the rules for a reply.) I stated I would not go into the gritty details, but I shall still try to explain the situation to those who are out of the loop.

Below will be some sensitive content so if you would prefer to not know I would suggest leaving this thread or skipping the rest of this post.

A gunman (who I shall not name because using his name is just giving him attention he does not deserve) entered a mosque in Christchurch on Friday afternoon and opened fire on innocent civilians. As of 0100 AWST the death toll is at 49 people.

The terrorist had a go-pro esc camera on his body and live streamed the attack online (a video I suggest you do not watch, as it is horrific).

The man was arrested by police, and sources say multiple explosive devices across the area had to be disarmed. Police are unsure if he acted alone, and Christchurch is still on high alert. The attacker is an Australian man, from Sydney, New South Wales. He admitted to planning a similar attack for Sydney.

3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    It seems like it never ends. If humanity as a whole is going to survive, we all need to replace fear with love, or at the very least indifference.

The sooner we can change the world so tragedies like this never happen again, the better. My heart goes out to New Zealand and the whole world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    The incident in Christchurch is devastating and heartbreaking. Ever since the tradegy at Sandy Hook, it feels like massacres have slowly become more and prevalent. More often than not, people who have connections to these criminals say they had seen signs before the events took place. Whether that be violent outbursts or hatred towards certain types of people. I feel like mass shootings could become less frequent if we gave therapy to to the kinds of people we know have these thoughts.

For example, a friend of mine had a boyfriend who physically abused her. She reported him to the school and wasn’t held accountable. A few months later, he and his friend tried to attack a local grocery store with the hunting rifles that got from their dads. Instead of giving them mental help or a trial, they got three days of juvie and were able to walk free. Both times he demonstrated dangerous behavior and got little to no treatment.

Of course you can’t always detect these things. Some people can pent up their terrible plans and no one would notice. I just think we could save countless lives if we gave the more destructive people out there the therapy they need.