1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kirby discussion thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Discuss anything and everything related to the Kirby franchise here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Kirby Star Allies just came out a few days ago, and I already 100% the game. I even did a short challenge run of it not too long ago (no copy abilities run, basically). Still, I'll give it another couple of weeks before I can talk about the game in its entirety. All I'm willing say for now is this:

The boss rush mode in this game is just as unforgiving as ever if you're playing solo. X'D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I don't own the game myself but I've seen my brother play it briefly, it looked really good!

I've always had this prejudice about Kirby games that they're very short, and very easy, but is this actually true? I've never played a Kirby game myself.

4. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well, with all the allies you can get along with the decrease of collectibles, Kirby Star Allies's main story in particular is pretty easy to complete in one go. It took me roughly 3-4 hours to beat in one sitting. Not to mention, it's super generous with the 1-Up's.

However, the further you go in, the harder (and darker and more polarizing) it gets. Especially with the boss rush mode. It took me several tries to beat that on the absolute hardest difficulty (which is where the final true secret boss is, no spoilers). Overall, it's a really enjoyable game with plenty of re-playability. It may seem easy on the surface, but completing it 100% is a challenge in and of itself. This is fact for most Kirby games (Epic Yarn being an exception).

I highly recommend giving it a shot, though there are a lot of past Kirby game references in this game that might fly over your head.

5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Kirby is easy to beat, but hard to 100%. I love the lore from Kirby, it's so DARK! :D (it's also the first Nintendo game to have blood in a E rated game, I think?) I love it when a Kirby game delves into the lore of the universe, expands it, darkens it..
    I've played Kirby's Dreamland 1, 2, 3, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby 64, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby Canvas Curse, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby's Dream Collection (which is just a collection of games-Kirby's Dreamland 1,2,3, 64, Super Star, Adventure)

6. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Kirby Star Allies 2.0 Update:
    • Some new friends have joined the fray! Introducing the trio Rick, Coo & Kine from Dreamland 2, the oddball Gooey from Dreamland 3, and... Marx the final boss from Superstar? They can be used in all modes, either as allies from the Dream Palace in Story Mode, and as playable characters in Guest Star Mode and the Ultimate Choice boss rush mode.
    • Guest Star Mode also has exclusive updated levels for all three (or is it technically five...?) of these new characters that showcase all of their unique abilities.
    • There is also a new celebration picture to unlock.

#6 Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  7. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    I just finished playing Guest Star mode in Kirby Star Allies as Marx and I can safely say his moveset is absolutely broken...

And I love it.

What, did you expect anything less? He's a final boss, for Pete's sake! He wished for the power to control Pop Star and that's exactly what he got. And you know what? Playing as him in Star Allies is a joy. Sometimes it just feels good to be evil and all powerful. B)

8. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    I'm surprised that no one has spoken about Gooey's return! Gooey was last seen in Dreamland 2 and 3, so his return was long awaited. Also, need to point out- Gooey is a friendly Dark Matter! Another reference to Zero and his potential return in a future game :'D

9. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    I've played as Gooey in Star Allies after Marx (Saving the animal trio for last), and he was pretty interesting. Apparently, according to his bio, he knows nothing of his origins (or even what time it is). Thus, he remains an enigma in the vast lore of the Kirby series. He's definitely related to Dark Matter since he can easily take on their form, but other than that we know nothing about Gooey for certain.

I have a few theories, but nothing concrete.:/:

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've only played the first one, I think, and I could never figure out how to beat the final boss. At least, I'm assuming it's the final boss. I should try that again now and see how easy it actually is because that's what tends to happen.

11. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    So, what's your favorite Copy Ability and favorite Mix Ability (two copy abilities combined)?
    In the older games I loved the Wing ability, and the newer games brought Bell to my attention.
    My favorite Mix Abilities are Explosive Ninja Stars (Bomb+Cutter) in Kirby 64, I haven't played Star Allies but Sizzle Ninja (Ninja+ Fire) looks cool!

12. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I haven’t gotten star allies yet b/c my switch won’t load any games, but I played the demo, and it was amazing

13. Panazel

Benefic
    (Latias)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽100.2
    I need to get back to playing Star Allies myself. I'm in the fourth world and still have three areas to go. Can't remember exactly why I stopped.
    Suplex is just as magical as I remember it in previous games, and I still love Bugzzy.~
    I also have Robobot to play through when I get the chance (that'll be blind too~).

14. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I will probably ask for star allies for my birthday in may.

15. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I still haven't gotten Star Allies yet. =( Sucks because I've heard about how amazing it is, too! Still one of the first games on my "to get" list though when I have the means to.