1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kirby Star Allies: Are you excited?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Fable_PH, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Fable_PH

Fable_PH Pixels and Paints

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    Star Allies is coming out in a few months, and recently we've been smacked silly with information on the game! We've got a lot of exciting info, including returning mechanics from old games and brand new mechanics that will change how we run, jump, fly, and smash through baddies.

So, obviously, it's worth a discussion! I'm a huge Kirby fan, and a staunch believer in the idea that Kirby has never had a truly bad game. Will Star Allies hold up to that? Well, from the looks of it, yes it will!

But enough of my take on everything, what are your takes on Star Allies? Do you think it will hold up like those before it, or will it just be forgotten and find itself only being known as a somewhat forgettable Switch title?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'm excited for it. I think it does have the potential for sure. The new attacks (plus timely return of the old ones) among things is definitely neat. The combos for different elements is also a check in my book and the new villains seem interesting in their own right too. All in all, I'm excited for the game and I have high hopes for it as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fable_PH

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    I'm curious to see if it holds up next to Robobot. The general consensus of the fandom is that Robobot is the current best in the series, if Star Allies can top that it would be something really amazing.

Vigilance likes this.
  4. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Never really played a Kirby game so no real opinion on it at the moment, might give it a try though to be honest.

5. Fable_PH

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    If you are looking to try the series out, I will always recommend starting with either Planet Robobot or Super Star Ultra. Both give a basic feel for the series while also having unique and fun mechanics to play around with.

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'm a bit behind on the trailers, but I'm excited for Star Allies!
    I love Kirby although I haven't played many recent titles (Super Star Ultra, Nightmare in Dreamland, Amazing Mirror (don't own, a friend let me borrow it for a week), Epic Yarn, Dreamland Collection (Dream Land, Adventure, Dreamland 2, Super Star, Dreamland 3, 64), Dream Land (original GB cart), Triple Deluxe)
    I love the references to DL3 and 64 the recent games have made, I hope Zero gets a return in the future- the DL/64 plot lines were great in my opinion.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I like watching the kirby games being played, but are bad at platformers myself. So I will probably watch gameplay vids, but not buying it.

8. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I'm buying this just for my buff penguin boy DeDeDe.

9. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    It'll be the first Kirby game I've played in quite a long time, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. =o

10. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I'm very excited for it actually! Outside of being a Pokémon fan I happen to be a big Kirby fan as well! I've been waiting for Star Allies for quite some time now. The fact that we can play as Marx, Rick, Kine, Koo, and Gooey is an extra bonus in my eyes. This will probably be the best Kirby game yet!

11. Fable_PH

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    The new helper DLC is a huge hype builder, especially since this opens the door for people like Magolor and Taranza to hop in down the line.