1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Kuro's Y Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Kuroida, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuroida

Kuroida Hex Maniac

Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.7
    First nuzlocke :)

Rules I'll be using:

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead. And must be boxed or realeased.
    2. The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If you are in a double battle for the first area. You may pick only one of them to catch.
    3. Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    4. You cannot trade any Pokémon from any other games to help you out. However, you can still do the in-game trades. If you have that Pokémon.

5. No catching/using Legendary Pokémon.
    6. If you encounter a Shiny Pokémon. You may catch it even if you have already caught/fainted a Pokémon in that area.
    7. If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and can only be caught if the player has no other Pokémon that can learn the move. It must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.
    8. You may or may not use Pokémon given to you.
    9. Duplicates not allowed. If you've already captured the Pokémon and it's the first you see in a route I can catch the 2nd one instead. If the 2nd one is a pkm I've already caught then the route is dead and I can't catch anything on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kuroida

Kuroida Hex Maniac

Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.7
    Update 1: Vaniville Town - Camphrier Town

Current Team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

L to R:
    Apollo (starter) -- Lvl 20 -- Water Pulse, Lick, Bubble, Quick Attack

Kaito (Route 2) -- Lvl 17 -- Tackle, Whirlwind, Gust, Quick Attack

Hal (Santalune Forest) -- 14 -- Scratch, Fury Swipes, Vine Whip, Lick

Misaka (Route 3) -- Lvl 16 -- Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Quick Attack, Play Nice

Lea (Route 4) -- Lvl 13 -- Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind, Lucky Chant

Barnaby (Route 22) -- Lvl 13 -- Tackle, Agility, Mud Slap, Quick Attack

In PC:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

L to R:
    Zuko (Lumiose City) -- Lvl 10

Static (Route 5) -- Lvl 10

Graveyard: None :D

I passed over an oddish on Route 6 because I couldn't be bothered with it. Annoyed that I didn't get an espurr or a honedge. I binned charmander because I've used him before in tons of other games and I want something new this time.

Anyways, first gym badge was rather anti climactic. Misaka and Kaito wiped the floor with the early trainers and Apollo helped out a bit when they needed a break. Kakuna managed to poison Misaka which was a bit worrying but I healed her up with an antidote after the battle. Then Viola's surkist is weak to electric and her Vivillon is weak to flying so tada. Infestation is mildly terrifying though and Kaito's level is lower than vivillon's so I used a potion on him.

3. Kuroida

Kuroida Hex Maniac

Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.7
    Update 1.1 - Down with Snorlax

Caught:

[​IMG]

Buu (Route 7) -- Lvl 15 -- Tackle, Defense Curl, Amnesia, Lick

Price:

[​IMG]

Apollo the frogadier
    6 pokeballs
    1 ultra ball

Finally caught the fucker in a great ball. I should have just killed it and moved on seriously -_-

RIP Apollo T_T The one pkm I didn't want to die...

[​IMG]

Debating whether to use Buu on my team. I hate him so much right now lol

4. Kuroida

Kuroida Hex Maniac

Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.7
    Update 2: Cyllage City

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

L to R:
    Thumper (traded) -- Lvl 24 -- Rage, Stealth Rock, Smack Down, Gyro Ball

Buu (Route 7) -- Lvl 21 -- Tackle, Yawn, Chip Away, Lick

Kaito (Route 2) -- Lvl 26 -- Twister, Whirlwind, Gust, Quick Attack

Hal (Santalune Forest) -- Lvl 21 -- Bite, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Shadow Claw

Tyrunt (Ambrette Town) -- Lvl 22 -- Bide, Stealth Rock, Bite, Charm

Dino (Route 9) -- Lvl 16 -- Tail Whip, Thunder Shock, Charge, Mud Slap

PC:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    L to R:
    Zuko (Lumiose) -- Lvl 10
    Static (Route 5) -- Lvl 10
    Barnaby (Route 22) -- Lvl 15
    Soul (Glittering Cave) -- Lvl 17

Traded:

[​IMG]
    Kirby (Route 8) -- Traded for Thumper the Steelix

Graveyard:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Apollo (Lvl 20, starter) -- Died trying to capture Buu the Snorlax
    Misaka (Lvl 20, Route 3) -- Died in Glittering Cave against Team Flare Grunts' Scraggy & Croagunk
    Kujo (Lvl 16, Connecting Cave) -- Died in Glittering Cave against Team Flare Grunts' Scraggy & Croagunk
    Lea (Lvl 20, Route 4) -- Died against Grant's tyrunt

I wanted a crobat dammit
    [​IMG]

I need to get my types figured out...or have like a picture of the type chart with me at all times...

In Glittering Cave I fought all the wild encounters that appeared before me. Bad move. By the time I got to the Team Flare guys all my Pokémon were low on health. I sent Kujo out since he's flying type and he got OHKOd instantly by a hit from scraggy go figure -_- Misaka also perished way faster than I expected and then Calem's Quilladin whooped everyone's asses. Ugh I wanted a crobat :(

Anyways. Grant was a pain. With the loss of Apollo I didn't have any water type to take down rock types. Easily found Kirby by fishing on route 8 but it's only lvl 15 so I traded for Thumper the steelix which is lvl 20. Even with Thumper leading the group I still had to leave the gym after like every battle to heal up since I kept running out of PP for all her moves.

Grant's fight came. Used a Gyro Ball to take down his Amaura no problem. Tyrunt was a little bitch with a strong ass bite, when Thumper's hp got low I sent out Lea but 2 bites later and she was a goner. Sent out Buu who managed to get Grant's Tyrunt down to like 10% left but I chickened out when Buu's hp hit red. Finally decided to do a head to head with my own Tyrunt (I'll nickname him later. Probably Tyson) just to bring the little bar of health to nill.

5. Juju

Juju Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Wow, this is actually going quite well! I wish you the best of luck! (You'll run into another zubat)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.