1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Laddering

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Xarn, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    As many of you know, the Main Server of Showdown count with a constant movement on the Ladder rankings. The Ladder is also the tool that determinates which person will fight you, basing this on the current points, rate of battling, and other stats that you have.

So, avoiding more explanation, here you have some questions:

• What do you think about the ladder?
    • Do you consider that it works?
    • Have you ever faced a non-worthy opponent on high ladder?
    • Do you find the Ladder like the correct way to improve as player?
    • Do you like testing new/old teams on the current Ladder?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Ladder is nice, it sort of guarantees that you will fight people in your skill level, and as you rise up the challenge increases.

It works sometimes, but at the same time Rank doesn't always rate your skill level.

No i have always faced someone challenging at the top of the ladder, but at the top it seems the attitude players tend to stay around

The ladder is meant to be challenging and for testing, but i don't think it will make you improve as a player unless you actually inspect your losses.

I find laddering not the best way to test sometimes, unless you don't care about your rank go right ahead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    Laddering is pretty nice for learning, because you gradually learn to play! At he beggining you fight not so good players and when you learn you play with better! I love it!

4. NativeBlasion

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.8
    Ladder is Okay in my personal opinion. I find that teams begin to become monotonized towards the top, and the attitudes of players is less than desirable to be honest. I find at the bottom of the ladder you can still find challenging battlers to a degree who still are fairly nice in general and fun to play with. I would say that around 1700 is when the fun stops and it just becomes to much of a serious attitude for me. I love testing new/old teams on the ladder because, not really caring what my rank is anymore (especially after a few resets to my score) and seeing how far my team can actually go. While the ladder is a useful way to improve a player, as I said, the higher you go, the more often you see the same type of Pokémon over and over again and it just gets boring. Though, I have never faced an unworthy opponent past 1400

5. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Personally, I have concluded that the ladder is absolute garbage & provides zero representation of skill.

No, because your ladder score isn't equivalent to your skill level.

Yes, several times have I faced someone that had a ridiculously high Elo & used such a ridiculous team to get there.

No, but the correct way to improve as a player IMO is to pit yourself against several high-level players over a period of time.

Personally, yes & no. I'm not too keen on testing old teams on the ladder cause I obviously haven't used them in a while, so I might be rusty as to how the team works. On the other hand, testing new teams is an excellent experience, as you get to try new things & you know exactly how your team functions.

~ Sorry if I came off as harsh. ~

6. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    Laddering is really fun. :3

I just like beating people a crap ton. :3

7. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Whenever the ladder was reset I really felt the affect it had on the lower tier people playing. Someone with a, let's say, 1000 ladder score actually had the capability of being a higher ranked player. At this time it was pretty interesting to go against all different sorts of players trying to work their way back up. I had my fair share of well deserved victories, however I've also had my brutal defeats.

I like the ladder system a lot. I have gone against some higher ranking players that didn't seem to be all that great at the game, sure, but eventually the later will start to even out the more that players start to compete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.