1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lake Valor Draft League

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by DoctorAlakazam, May 22, 2018.

?

Would you join a LV draft league?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DoctorAlakazam

DoctorAlakazam Contributor

First Try :]
    (Chansey)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,471.0
    Helix Fossil ★★★
    So I was browsing the forum and saw there use to be a LV draft league but it appears to have fizzled out awhile ago but I feel it would be really great to try and bring it back I think it would be alot of fun for people who are and are not competative and those looking to learn it could really bring together some people in the community who may not otherwise interact and with summer coming up (atleast in the northern hemisphere) scheduales will be a bit more open to accomidate such a thing so please let me know your opinions on this and if you would be interested in joining

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Heck to the yes, sign me up for battle and prepare to have all your butts kicked learn all about the meta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I would love to join, as long as the battles are on Showdown. I don't have the time to raise a bunch of new Pokémon each week.

4. DoctorAlakazam

(Chansey)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,471.0
    Helix Fossil ★★★
    Yeah there are most likely going to be on showdown that being said if people wanted to get together mons and actually wif battle I don't think anyome would be against that

5. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I don't have the time to join one myself, but it'd probably be better for things like this to occur on PS! rather than wifi. There's a heck of a lot more work when it comes to raising Pokémon competitively when it comes to cartridges, and idk if people would be willing to go through all of that work for an event that may or may not work out. PS! (Showdown) is far better to work out and would probably garner you better participation.

Also, for those unfamiliar with what the LV's Draft League even was (as even I wasn't familiar with it at all and had to do some digging around), here's a quote from one of the threads:

I'm gonna be honest here -- 7 weeks seems quite lengthy -- and while it may have been successful in the past, this is a different time period now with different regulars who may or may not be into competitive battling so that's a big time commitment on their hands. If you're going to join something like this, just be aware of that time commitment.

#5 May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  6. DoctorAlakazam

(Chansey)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,471.0
    Helix Fossil ★★★
    Yeah I agree it should all be on showdown I am just saying 2 people were feeling super extra I wouldn't say doing an actual wifi battle would be forrbiden though I agknowledge its unlikely anyone would do so

7. ninJAS

ninJAS Proud new daddy!

O_O
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball
    I'd be down to play :) I played competitively heavy in 5th gen and a bit early-mid 6th gen but haven't had a battle since then...

8. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I haven't tried Showdown with my new internet connection yet, but if I can make it work, I'll be up for this! If anyone wants to use me as a practice round or a punching bag (I haven't Showdowned since Gen 6) while I test my connection, PM me and we can schedule something.

9. KDextarr513

KDextarr513 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽2.0
    Ye, I would be super down for a draft league. Big fan of the format and I want to learn more about it.

10. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I would be willing to play. Let me know if this ends up happening!

Mango likes this.
  11. Mango

Mango Hiker

Chimchar
    (Chimchar)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    I would also love to play if it happens

DuoM2 likes this.
  12. Chron

Chron Memegeist Guardian

PokéPoints:
    ₽12.8
    Definitely sign me up for this sort of thing, draft leagues are the only way I play mons now. However, there are draft league tiers that are waaaay more suited to this type of format then just using Smogon tiers (and 7 weeks isn't really super long for this kind of thing, 11-12 is pretty standard). But I wouldn't mind a throwback to using Smogon tiers again. Especially since I know how to get some major discounts that way :hello: