1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Staff Post Lake Valor Updates & Changes v2

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Achromatic, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    November 24th

@Getus and @AeroHail are joining the staff team today! Give them a warm welcome as they start their new duties as greenies!

Getus will be moderating the Game Corner and the RP Institute.
    AeroHail will be moderating the Art Corner, Creative Zone, and the Market.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    November 29th

I am happy to announce a big promotion up to new Super Moderator for our very own @Vigilance! Be sure to congratulate them on this big promotion!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic and Vigilance like this.
  3. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    December 3rd

We've modified our rules regarding age. If you have any questions, please PM a staff member. The change is as follows:

"1) If you are under the age of 13, you cannot use this website until you turn 13. If you are under 13, your account was created before December 3rd, 2017, and you already have verifiable parental permission, you can continue to be a part of Lake Valor."

Link to "Lake Valor: Official Forum Rules"

#63 Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Cadbberry likes this.
  4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    December 10th

I have temporarily disabled snow as it has been causing varying degrees of lag for several users. We will look into a fix!

Cadbberry likes this.
  5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    15 December 2017

I have a pleasant surprise - @Shadria has joined the Lake Valor staff team as a Moderator! She'll be overseeing Intro Lobby, Pokémon General, and Question & Answer.
    Wish her the best in her new position! I'm sure she'll do fantastic work.

#65 Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  6. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    December 15th (Again)

The Video Game section has two new moderators! @Getus and @Hraesvelgr will be moderating it! Give them your congrats!

#66 Dec 15, 2017
  7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    December 21st

Hi folks, we have a word of caution for you! LV is a big, busy site. Inevitably a lot of people sign up, and there are plenty of chances that not all of them will have pleasant intentions. Therefore we are asking that you do not give out your email or contact information to any user that you do not know very well.

If this user is a friend to yours and have made it known they are someone you personally can trust, then it is up your discretion whether you want to contact them off-site. But for your own safety, we urge you not to give very personal things like emails, phone numbers and Facebook accounts out to users that you do not know.

If a user sends you a private message out of the blue asking to email you, add you on facebook or receive your phone number and you do not know this user, report them asap. We aim to keep everyone safe here, so please help us by reporting if this happens to you.

Hraesvelgr, Gwoomy, Vigilance and 3 others like this.
  8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    December 22nd

Three new requestable trophies have arrived!

[​IMG]
    Castform Collector
    This user caught all Castforms through Spring to Winter. That's dedication!

[​IMG]
    Fossil Excavator
    This user managed to find and obtain 5 fossils. I suppose that makes them a bit of an archeologist, eh?

[​IMG]
    Legend Tamer
    This user has obtained at least 5 legendary Pokémon. They're more than skilled!

Meet the requirements? Request here: https://lakevalor.net/threads/request-trophies-here.1636/

#68 Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2017
  9. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    December 26th

We are super excited to announce the addition of the following members to Lake Valor's Social Media Team!
    Please welcome, @awney @Wolf Expert @Blair_Chandaza and @vaporwave! Give them your congratulations and wish them luck in their new roles!

#69 Dec 26, 2017
  10. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    December 27th

The final two additions to Lake Valor’s Social Media Team have been locked in! Please join me in congratulating our very own, @StOwl and @Astralogy on joining the team! Please wish these two fantastic members best of luck in their new positions!

#70 Dec 27, 2017
    Achromatic and DemonicKraken like this.
  11. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    December 31st, 2017

- Achromatic has resigned from his administrator position to pursue something called "real life". I don't know what that is or why I'm crying, but I know he's going to succeed in whatever he pursues. He will always have a place on LV! Thank you so much for everything, Ben!

#71 Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    Rezna, dangokura, AeroHail and 8 others like this.
  12. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    January 4th 2018

First update of the new year!

@karatekid770 and @AeroHail have written a new thread pertaining to the rules in the 'Market' section. It outlines what is and is not allowed and transaction etiquette that is best followed.

If you have a shop or plan on ordering something, be sure to check them out!

#72 Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Cadbberry, AeroHail and Butternut like this.
  13. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    January 31st

We have so many staff updates for you today! I am so proud and excited to announce all of the new changes so please give a lot of love to all of them!

I am overjoyed to have the opportunity to get to have you all on the staff team! Be sure to congratulate them all on their new roles!

#73 Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
    Achromatic, Gwoomy, Apawn and 5 others like this.
  14. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Feburary 1st

Community Month has made its return this February! There will many events to participate in and enjoy so be sure to sign up for them! Remember that February is the shortest month of the year so join in while you can!

The Video Game section has had a rule change, be sure to read up on those before making your next post in the Video Game section!

15. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    February 2nd

Well February is off to a busy month!

@Eclipse has stepped down from their position as Super Moderator at Lake Valor, because of real life workload, and instead taken up the Discord Moderator position. It additionally has special privileges to moderate the Info Desk and Support Hub to help everyone out more.

We would like to thank Eclipse for its dedication and commitment and are sure they will excel at the Discord Moderator position.

#75 Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Rezna, Apawn, Cadbberry and 3 others like this.
  16. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    February 26th

A couple of updates to keep you guys in the loop!

- The 'Valor Battle' section has been removed for now as we look to make some crucial changes and make it an even more enjoyable experience than it currently is. Do not fret, it will be back! Expected return is mid-March.

- A "Mature" prefix has been added in the Video Games section for your threads. A "Rebuild It!" prefix has been added to 'Festival Plaza' for a special weekly segment on rebuilding Pokémon for the competitive scene.

Also, a quick reminder: Community Month 2018 will be coming to a close in the next couple of days so please wrap up any unfinished business there. We hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have! :)

#76 Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  17. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    February 28th

@Sheep has stepped down from her position as Moderator to focus on real life. Thank you for all your dedication, hard work and love around the team and Lake Valor. We know you'll excel in whatever you set out to accomplish. <3

Perhaps it was only fitting that as I came to make this announcement, a Mareep popped up in this thread.
    upload_2018-2-28_20-59-49.png

- Tiny update: The Literature Library will currently be moderated by the Super Moderator team. Any questions, concerns or feedback about the section can be directed towards them!

18. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    March 4th

- The sections Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have been combined into one section, Poké Pelago. This section is for discussion for Generation 7!

Rezna, Apawn, Laserdragon14 and 2 others like this.
  19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    March 5th

Hello everyone, I have officially returned to my position as an admin after about under 3 months absence. Undoubtably, a few of you will be curious, confused and have a few questions for me for I'm going to try and answer as much as I can!

You're back! How comes you're back to admin right away?
    For those of you who might be newer or just don't know, I co-founded this website with Satix. Admin has been my usual position here on the site, but I decided to give up in late December. However, as me and Satix discussed, if I felt like I could return/wanted to return, the position would be open for me again. Given that it has been a fairly short amount of time, I'm jumping right back into the swing of things so I can be as efficient and as useful as necessary.

Why did you leave in the first place?
    I wrote a pretty long post about this in farewells & returns as I feel transparency is necessary, but effectively - real life. Real life had caused me to rethink a lot about my presence online and simply managing a forum was too much for me. I felt it was time to move on.

Now that I've had more time to get my act together and my real life is going much better, I am happy to return and feel I have a lot to offer. For what it's worth, if I didn't think I had anything to offer, I wouldn't have returned. Power isn't important, but helping develop the community and grow it is.

In retrospect, I will admit that a temporary leave would have been better, but given I didn't know how long it would take to sort myself (and my real life) out, I didn't want people to be confused or worried about where I was at.

So what next?
    Things will proceed as usual! I'm back to doing what I've always done, and that's be your admin. Little will be changing. I'm happy to answer or address any concerns you might have, so leave a message on my profile, message me on Discord or drop me a PM. For those of you that don't care about any of this, keep enjoying LV and let's have some fun.

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    March 6th

Everyone! We have a new channel on our Discord server called #pet-pics. This channel is for sharing cute pictures of your animals, or any animals you may have happened to take a photo of. So get sharing!

Not on our Discord yet? Be sure to join!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.