1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Must Read Lake Valor Updates & Changes

Discussion in 'News Desk' started by Ryan, Oct 10, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    January 8th, 2017

- Some of these updates are a few days old, so forgive us for the lateness! We've been busy preparing tons of new things for the site, so bear with us for the time being. :thumbsup:

- I bring much good news! Some sad news... but mostly good! Let's get started.

- Sadly, our beloved member [member=❀Bloom❀] has resigned from her Admin position. :( Bloom has been an awesome staff member through the years and a great friend to us all, and we're sad to see her go, but wish her the absolute best with her future endeavors!

- [member=Tonochi] is no longer part of the staff team or Social Crew.

- We're hosting a huge Sun/Moon giveaway! Click here to read more info about it. Thanks to [member=Achromatic] for hosting this giveaway!

- If you haven't already noticed, we've revamped our forum sections! Allow me to give you all a quick recap.
    • "Information Desk" is now "Info Hub"
    • Support Hub has merged into Info Hub
    • "Members' Lobby" is now "Intro Lobby"
    • Articles is now a subforum under Info Hub.
    • All non-Sun/Moon forums have been merged into Pokémon General
    • Global Trade Center/Battle Frontier are now "Festival Plaza"
    • "Hangout Café" is now "The Lounge"
    • Question and Answers is now under the General category
    • Game Journals has been removed in favor of a prefix
    • Music, TV & Movies, and Anime & Manga are now 1 forum labeled as "Multimedia"
    • Literature Library is now a subforum under Creative Corner
    • Character Profiles is no longer a forum, but a prefix instead
    Pardon me if I missed 1 or 2 updates regarding forums, but that's the basic summary of it all. A ton of prefixes have been added (and some removed), so be sure to utilize them!

- The sidebars got a revamp too!
    • Important Topics got moved up, Recent Topics got moved down
    • Latest Files has been removed
    • Recent Blog Entries now shows the most recent 3 instead of 5
    • The MOTM sidebar has gotten a new design in the spirit of condensing things

- But guys, why make all these sudden changes?
    While it was unannounced that we would make these changes, we've been giving this some good thought for a while now (on and off, of course). We've had a lot of members give feedback about LV stating that either have too many forums or that it's confusing to navigate around the site. We really wanted to get rid of that that confusion, so hopefully these changes will help with that.

- The navigation bar at the top of the site has slightly been adjusted once more. Shop is now its own tab and Donations was moved under Community.

- On our Discord server, we now have a bot that will post all new topics into the #general channel! Be sure to post in them when you see them. :thumbsup:

- The "Like" button on status updates has gotten a revamp too! Except you probably won't notice it, because it was mainly just code updates. But here they are anyway:

[badge=orange]Changed[/badge] A ton of code. Seriously. I rewrote it from the ground up.
    [badge=red]Fixed[/badge] Not being able to like statuses on the Community Status Updates page.
    [badge=red]Fixed[/badge] A bug where you could like a status... more than once.
    [badge=green]New[/badge] When viewing who liked a status, members who don't have a custom member title will have the default post title they have around the forums (which is determined by how many posts they currently have).

- We've got a long (and I mean long) list of things planned for LV, and a ton of them will be for the benefit of you guys! I'm sure a few of you will enjoy these next few updates a good amount. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    January 9th, 2017
    - @[member="Megarai111"] is on a temporary break from the staff team - compliment her for me!
    - Donator rank prices have been raised to the following prices:
    VIP - $10
    Contributor - $30
    Contributor+ - $50

3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Lake Valor Shop Update
    January 11th, 2017
    • Are you a fan of Pokémon adoptables? We've lowered their prices! Buy now to add a cute adoptable to your profile and signature team!
    • We've changed the stock of adoptables to increase their rarity and value on the site. We'll be experimenting with this more but for now it's set so buy certain adoptables whilst you still can!
    • We plan for selling and trading of adoptables to be a feature soon so you can sell off your rarer treasures and adoptables for a higher value, or for a chance to get an item you wanted but missed!
    • Want to learn more about adoptables? Look no further.
    • Wonder Trade now has a chance of giving you a random monthly shiny. Try your chances at Wonder Trade to get it!
    • As a we're sorry for not stocking it on New Years, Jirachi is currently in LV's store! It will remain for 3 days so get it whilst you can.
    • Want to learn more about treasures? Look no further.

• Via the User Changes tab you can now purchase the VIP usergroup for 750 PokéPoints! What benefits does this give you? Click here and read under VIP!
    • Want to change your user title? We've now made it easier than ever to do so! You can purchase a change in the same tab for only 10 PokéPoints.
    • Still confused about how to earn PokéPoints and what they do? Look no further.

• We're aware of the bug the shop has where if you buy one item and try to buy again you can't unless you've changed your browser or cleared your cookies or waited a day. For now, try buying multiple items at once rather than multiple purchases or do the aforementioned clearing or cookies or browser changing to get yourself multiple items in one day.

Quick, take me to the shop!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    January 11th, 2017
    - The global forum rules have been revised for clarity. As always, you can view them for your reading pleasure here.
    (Thanks for your assistance, @[member="Eclipse"]!)

Eclipse likes this.
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    January 12th, 2017
    - OH, I forgot to mention this before but we've added new Sun & Moon avatars to choose from in LV's avatar gallery. If you don't have your own image to use, you can select one of those or any of our old ones! Enjoy. :)

6. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    January 15th, 2017

- For all you wonderful staff members, make sure to check out the mini staff Updates & Changes thread in the staff lounge, since I'll be mentioning a few staff exclusives in there.

- The inbox list (the list that shows up when you click on "X messages" link at the top of the site) now correctly formats usernames and are now also links! I noticed this a couple days ago and wondered why they weren't links to begin with, so I decided to implement this small change myself.
    [​IMG]

- Fancy editor fonts are back! They got lost in the war one day and finally made their way back.Okay, I lied, but they're back and that's what matters!
    There's now over 20 fonts to choose from in our editor, so go ahead and be creative with it! :D
    Arial
    Comic Sans MS
    Courier New
    Georgia
    Lucida Sans
    Tahoma
    Times New Roman
    Trebuchet MS
    Verdana
    Droid Sans
    Droid Serif
    Maven Pro
    Voltaire
    Nunito
    Pacifico
    Lobster
    Lobster Two
    Noticia Text
    Ubuntu Condensed
    Play
    Josefin Sans

- Updated one of the Guidance of Valor pages that was very, very outdated (and that's an understatement).

- Updated the responsive/mobile menus, so you should see everything those on desktop devices currently see.

- Jirachi is no longer available in the LV Shop. I hope that those of you that wanted one bought it by now, because Jirachi will only be available next year. ;)

- Did I mention that we renamed our economy from "lvEconomy" to "LV Shop"? If you haven't already noticed, now you know!

- The MOTM sidebar has gotten a revamp (again!). Yes, I know, this is the 3rd one, but it's for a good reason! This was originally planned to roll out around the same time as when we initially condensed the forums/sidebars, but I decided to hold off on it for a bit because I wanted to expand on the idea a little more.
    Here's what it looks like now, for those interested:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty cool, right? :D The MOTM descriptions for each member were usually pretty length, so this is a nice way to keep the sidebar height to a minimum while also giving the current MOTM their own special spotlight.

- Also fixed a bug on the MOTM sidebar where the MOTM's username wasn't displaying the correct color.

- There have been a lot of bugs crawling around LV, and I'm trying my best to get rid of them! I'll be attempting to squish as many as possible this weekend/upcoming week. If you find one yourself, report it! Here's a link to the Bug Report Thread: http://lakevalor.net/topic/3246-bug-report-thread
    Make sure to use the form when reporting bugs, and also please double check to see if the bug you're reporting has been brought up recently.

- We have some huuuuuge things planed for LV, and trust me on this - I mean huge. But, me being me, I'm deciding to keep all the juicy secrets to myself. B)
    Stay tuned - we'll be rolling out new things in the next few days.

- And to all of our new members: Welcome! I hope you're enjoying your stay and stick around for as long as possible. :D If any of you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me or another staff member!

7. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    January 20th, 2017

- The Awards UCP page has received an update! You probably won't notice it, though. This was mainly a fix on the back-end, but it also includes some important bug fixes.

[badge=orange]Changed[/badge] The name of the page is now "Medals UCP" instead of "Awards UCP".
    [badge=green]New[/badge] The page now works on mobile devices!
    [badge=red]Fix[/badge] A bug where if you set the order you wanted, if one of the medals you had set got removed, it would still display it even if the medal doesn't exist.
    [badge=red]Fix[/badge] A bug where you could choose the order of your medals... even if you had no medals.

- I've added a small addition to the postbit regarding medals! Before, you could hover over a medal inside a post and it would show you its name, like so:
    [​IMG]

Now, when you click on any medal, a little popup will show up with the medal icon, name, and description.
    [​IMG]

Just to save you the trouble of having to detour all the way to the medals page. :P Other small stats about the medal you're viewing may be added in the future, if I can figure out what to add there. But for now, that's how it'll look like.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    January 19th, 2017
    Unfortunately, we've removed quite a few medals from the site. These include Question Me, Games Junkie, Hot Poster, etc. This was mainly due to the fact that these medals were either low-effort to achieve, very hard to achieve, redundant, or generally unnecessary to have on our Awards list.

In addition to removing some awards, we've also changed some of the requirements to achieve certain medals. For example, to be awarded "Topic Trainee" you must create at least 10 topics now instead of 1.
    - Active Poster: 500 posts
    - Veteran Poster: 1000 posts
    - Elite Poster: 2500 posts
    - Master Poster: 5000 posts
    - Topic Trainee: 10 topics
    - Topic Enthusiast: 50 topics
    - Topic Master (Topic Terror): 100 topics
    - Liked Poster: 100 liked posts
    - Loved Poster: 250 liked posts
    - Adored Poster: 500 liked posts

You can check out the full list of medals here.
    We will possibly be making more changes to medals in the future. If you have any feedback on how you want the medal system to be improved, please visit this thread.

LunarRabbitPikachu likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    January 31st, 2017
    - LunarRabbitPikachu is no longer on the staff team.
    - Several prefixes around the site have been visually updated.

Achromatic likes this.
  10. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    February 2nd, 2017

- After a great amount of maintenance and debugging, the Medals UCP page is finally fixed!

[badge=red]Fixed[/badge] A bug where if you had duplicate medals and applied 1 of them, all of them would appear on your postbit.
    [badge=red]Fixed[/badge] A bug where you or the next person would inherit the medals order of the person who posted before you.
    [badge=red]Fixed[/badge] A bug where if you had duplicate medals and applied 1 of them, the UCP page itself wouldn't show the rest.
    [badge=orange]Changed[/badge] The layout, a little bit. It now looks like this.

Sorry about the inconvenience. :sweat:
    But also if you happen to spot any bugs, report them please, k thanks.

11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    February 2nd, 2017
    Been itching for some treasures? Well, wait no longer! The LV Shop has finally gotten some new stock on some treasures.
    These include...
    [​IMG]
    Name: Great Ball
    Desc: A device for capturing Pokémon, has a better success rate than regular Poké Balls!
    Price: 6 PP
    Item Limit: 1
    In Stock: 15

[​IMG]
    Name: Repel
    Desc: Spray this to ward off wild Pokémon. Especially those pesky Zubat.
    Price: 5 PP
    In Stock: 15

[​IMG]
    Name: Escape Rope
    Desc: Escape from caves with this handy rope! Indiana Jones style.
    Price: 5 PP
    In Stock: 20

[​IMG]

Name: Ether
    Desc: Restore your PP with this useful item and get fighting!
    Price: 7 PP
    In Stock: 10

[​IMG]

Name: Leppa Berry
    Desc: Restore your PP with this delicious berry. Pokémon love it!
    Price: 7 PP

[​IMG]
    Name: Poké Doll
    Desc: Use this doll to escape from wild Pokémon. It's also pretty dang cute.
    Price: 10 PP

[​IMG]
    Name: Water Stone
    Desc: Use this sparkling stone to evolve certain water type Pokémon!
    Price: 10 PP

[​IMG]
    Name: Dome Fossil
    Desc: Revive this fossil to turn it back into a Kabuto! Praise Dome?
    Price: 15 PP
    In Stock: 7

[​IMG]

Name: Sail Fossil
    Desc: Revive this fossil to turn it back into a Amaura! It's cold to the touch.
    Price: 15 PP

[​IMG]

Name: Dawn Stone
    Desc: A very rare stone, use this to evolve certain Pokémon.
    Price: 20 PP

[​IMG]

Name: Charizardite X
    Desc: Unleash your energy and Mega Evolve your partner Charizard with this Mega Stone!
    Price: 25 PP
    In Stock: 5

[​IMG]
    Name: Moon Ball
    Desc: A special type of Apricorn Poké Ball from the Johto Region.
    Price: 25 PP

[​IMG]
    Name: Decidium Z
    Desc: Unleash your Z-Power with this Decidium Z stone and utilise the move Sinister Arrow Raid.
    Price: 30 PP

Time to hit the shop!

12. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    February 3rd, 2017
    - Made a slight adjustments to the medals on your postbit. If you're using the vertical version, it's not no longer off-center.
    - Updated a few things on Lake Valor (Modern), nothing too visually noticeable (yet).
    - We have a few events up now that you should go check out. :thumbsup: You can see them all inside our Events forum.

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    February 5th, 2017
    - We've fixed an issue where adoptables & treasures couldn't be traded! It was a lot of work but now you can send your items to other users. If you want to do so, use this thread!

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    February 14th, 2017
    For the day of love, we have added three new items have been added to the shop! We have a new Limited Edition Treasure, a Love Ball! Then two new Limited Edition Adoptables, a Sylveon and Shiny Sylveon! All three are only available for Valentines Day, get them now before they are gone for another year!
    GET SHOPPING!

15. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    February 14th, 2017
    - Sanctuary is no longer a staff member. We're sorry to see him go!
    - As per Sanctuary's request, the LV Announcer Discord bot is no longer around.
    - Due to financial reasons, the following features have been removed:

• Medal organization

• Liking & editing statuses

• Post stats

• "Save Drafts" button

• Guidance of Valor
    - As they no longer require maintenance, the Chameleos, Kaleidoscope, and Lake Valor themes have been added back to the site.

16. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    February 16th, 2017
    - The S.S. Aqua has dropped anchor! Check out the new Johto Store before it departs! If you're lucky, you might be able to grab the rare GS Ball.

Achromatic likes this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    February 17th, 2017
    - @[member="Achromatic"] has returned to the administrative team! :)

Azazel and Cadbberry like this.
  18. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    February 18th, 2017
    Back to the 'ol grind it seems!

• Made several small visual updates across the site, including but not limited to the MotM Archive page.
    • Revamped and resdesigned the donator benefits page, detailing all of the perks you guys can get for donating!
    • Added a link to LV's Discord in the sites footer. Still waiting for font awesome to add a more awesome icon for Discord...
    What's next?
    • We're planning on doing restocks of the GS Ball within the week. If you missed it you'll still have a chance to get one this week so don't worry!
    • Also planning on visually improving many of the prefixes around LV. If you have any colour suggestions for prefixes, PM me. :D
    Enjoy the updates and expect more within the week.

Cadbberry likes this.
  19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    February 20th, 2017
    Hi!

[fa]check-square[/fa] Lake Valor Lite has received a visual overhaul! I hope you'll enjoy.

[fa]check-square[/fa] I've fixed the error you'd get after using a Wonder Trade shop item. No more errors! Yay!

[fa]group[/fa] The Social tab is back in the navigation menu, you can access Discord this way since a lot of peeps have been asking.

~Nova~ and Aiko like this.
  20. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    February 21st, 2017
    - Dusty is no longer on the staff team. He was banned for ban evasion (old username: Doima).

Seprix and East like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.