1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PC Lake Valor's Darkest Dungeon Modded Madness

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Barandofl, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I swear, these videos are getting longer with each week. On the bright side, I think I'm getting more used to recording. I was less nervous when making this one.
    Hour long boiiiiiii

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Captain Comet likes this.
  2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I think at the very least that BZ, Link, and I are all enjoying this just as much as you are.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Barandofl likes this.
  3. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Sorry I wasn't able to post anything tonight. I'm unable to make a video on nights I work, cause I always come home late (afternoon shifts and all that, sometimes it's overnight and I leave at 3:00 A.M). I would record in the morning, but mornings are way too loud and noisy. In reality, I'm only allowed to record during the night, cause no one bothers me then.

So to sum it up, I'll be recording every night I'm not working.

I also work tomorrow, so I won't be recording either (the funny thing is, I wasn't supposed to work today. My manager called me, and told me that someone else had to miss their shift, so he assigned it to me. I was actually supposed to work tomorrow. They never told me that due to these sircumstances, I didn't have to come tomorrow, so I probably still need to show up for the extra shift. On the bright side, bigger paycheck.)

LassusVulpes likes this.
  4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    Is it weird that I recognized most of those yokai on sight?

5. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    No, not really. Some learn with research and others with anime/manga. Which were the ones that you didn't know?

6. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Hey guys... sorry for taking a while. I'll explain in the beginning of the video.

The reason I was able to post this early, was cause my house was empty during the mornings.

7. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    I ate before we set out this time. You're welcome.

8. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    This one's a short and boring one. It ended too quickly and everything was easy...

9. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    Well, I guess that was just a filler episode.

10. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Hey guys, this episode is also short, but for a completely different reason. Everything goes well for us this week. We're on a boat catching some harmless fish, and everything I've said was not at all a lie.

11. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that it took this long for someone to die. I'm a bit disappointed that are first loss happened while I was on the team (which means I can no longer brag about things going fairly well when I'm around) but at least it wasn't one of the LV characters.

12. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    NO THE BLOODY MAN IS GONE! He shall be remembered.
    Due to you needing a pick-me-up, I shall throw another character at you. That's what people do for emotional support, right? Burden them with another mouth to feed?

Name: Sarah
    Class: Seraph

13. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Okay, so this week was chaotic, and it wasn't even the dungeons that were bad this time around. My PC has crashed the game twice during this weeks recording. On the bright side, you guys might get a kick out of my misery! I know I did when re-watching it.

The fist crash happened early on. which is why the video lasts for about three minutes.

The second crash happened while i was trying to fix the games FPS issues. The moment I closed the game, The whole thing crashed.

And here's the remainder of the episode. I really need to get better at commentary. I bore myself with the lack of interesting things to say.

14. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    Those man-faced crab things are actually one yokai enemies that I'm not familiar with, so I decided to try and look them up. It turns out that the Heikegani/Samurai Crab isn't even a yokai, it's an actual species of crab that exists in Japan. The ridges on their back that make them resemble human faces apparently have something to do with how their muscles are attached, though Japanese legend has it that the crabs are reincarnated from samurai who drowned in the battle of Dan-no-ura.

15. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    That's actually pretty interesting. I would've done the reaserch myself, but then I wouldnt be able to have these types of conversations with you. What about those cute little turtle bell things? Any info on those.

On a related note here's week 14. The video decides to cut off in the end, but at least it didnt happen in the middle.

16. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Ayy! Here's week 15. I accidentally hit stop recording instead of pause in theend, but at least it only happened in the end.
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

17. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    The gong turtles were the other one I wasn't familiar with. A quick Google search told me that they are Shogoro, which are basically just old gongs that have come to life due to age (many yokai are just innanimate objects that have jained souls simply by existing for a long time). They don't seem to actually have anything to do with turtles despite the resemblance.
    Also, aquatic fungi apparently are a thing.
    Am I still the only one who's reached level 2? How is that even possible? It seems like plenty of the other characters have fought just as much as mine if not more.

18. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Woo! Lets got mushmush! I love how he throws his jab, its a very old timey boxing pose which is really funny. Sucks about the scrawlings result :(

19. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Hey guys, sorry, but I wont be able to post anything today, nor tomorrow (Possibly). Burger King has me working 5 days consecutively, and all of them are night shifts.

BZ, thanks again, for your research into yokai and japanese legends. I don't want to make you looks the up if you don't want to, I'm just bad as making any sort of conversations, so yeah, sorry if you didn't want to look them up.

As for why you're level two, it has to do with the beginning of the game (The tutorial if you wish). The game starts with only two characters, a crusader, and a highway-man as a first mission. Then the stage coach has a fixed roster, a vestal and a plague doctor. At that point you only have 4 characters. and a fixed dungeon. I'm not sure if the tutorial ended on week three or four, but durring those three weeks, the crusader has already earned a lot more experience than other heroes. so that's why you were already high level.

20. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Hey guys... it's been a while. It's apparent in the video.