1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Staff Post Lake Valor's New Design: Valcadia

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Ryan, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Well I've said this multiple time, but I'm in love with the theme. It's sleek, modern, and I'm all for the minimalist aesthetic. My only issue is having to adjust to everything being on the left, but that's entirely personal and something I'll eventually get used to. Awesome work guys!

I do have a question though- will you be able to implement the arrows that allow you to automatically scroll to the top or bottom of the page, like in previous themes?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy, Ryan and Achromatic like this.
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    After a day of getting used to the new layout, I have to say I'm quite enjoying Valcadia! I love that you can see status updates and new thread/post info wherever you go now. I checked out the mobile version briefly and it's just as good, which I'm very happy about. Thanks for all the work you guys have poured into this!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic and Ryan like this.
  3. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    HI RYAN/BEN.

as you guys probably already know, i love this theme.

Quck question:

Is it possible to do this (or something similar)?
    [​IMG]

only because you have more real estate to work with in the user stats than the avatar space because you only have so much space to work with in the avatar area, y'know? :c and that is more or less taken up by the Pokémon/buddy themselves.

unless im just dumb and overlooking something entirely in which case i apologise

Gwoomy, Ryan and Achromatic like this.
  4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    @Azalea Yes this is possible and I would like to do it. I'll look into it. :) It might not be exactly like that, but it doesn't need to cover the avatar, I agree.

Vigilance, Ryan and colours like this.
  5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Valcadia is freaking gorgeous for mobile. Very streamlined and futuristic looking! Love it! :D

Desktop feels a bit barren with the minimalist look, so I think I'll stick with Palette Town for it, but this theme was made with tablet/mobile support in mind, so I can't complain. :3

Great work guys! ^^

Ryan and Achromatic like this.
  6. Dragonair

Dragonair Original 151

God
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽169.7
    Looks great and unique mate. Awesome work!

Achromatic and Ryan like this.
  7. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I don't know if this is a bug or not (unlikely that it is, but I thought I'd bring it up here anyway), so I thought I'd bring this up:

Is it intentional that the post content doesn't actually cover the whole width of the post?

As seen here, on the old UI:
    [​IMG]

Seen here, the post content actually takes up the whole space of the post. In Valcadia, it's different:

[​IMG]

See, how posts are structured (formatted?) in Valcadia is that they don't take up the entire space of the post. I just wonder if this was something intentional because there's just a whole lot of unused space to the right of the actual content of the post. =o

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    This might not be something that gets added to this theme, but just as a sort of general suggestion for the future, would we be able to get something like a clock showing the server time up at the top of the screen? There are a lot of time-based events that happen and there's always the question of "when does this event end?" when a time zone isn't specified, and even if it is specified if people do the conversions wrong/don't know how to do the conversion. Having a server clock that everything runs off of, I think, would help to clear that up.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yeah, this is intentional for reading purposes. We did some research into this and words being too far stretched across the screen actually cause readability issues. That being said, we might look into adding a toggle for this or/and seeing how we can adjust it even more. Either way, the Palette Town/old theme view is waaaay too stretched. I think when you really start to look at the two, it's clear which is the easier version to read through. It's also something most people don't notice until they actually see it side by side, but it makes a huge difference.

colours likes this.
  10. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I really like it so far. Just an idea, the ValorDex icon is still the Valor battle icon. As an idea, it would be cool if it was changed to a rotom Pokédex. It would be relevant and awesome.

Achromatic and Arctiquaza like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.