1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Digital Large Signature | JOKER |

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Mountain, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Mountain

Mountain School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.5
    So this is just something i made :)

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Really cool piece! I'll try to give some constructive criticism as I always do. I'll try to highlight the areas I'm talking about, with green being the positive stuff and red being the negatives. I've also labelled each section with the comment that relates to them.

Let's start with the positives. (1) There are some areas where the blue and purple colours transition super nicely to me. I've always loved blue and purple colour schemes and yeah this is kind of no exception. (2) I really like the use of splatters here. They just add that bit of detail and a subtle grungey quality to the signature. I particularly like the super small splatters at the bottom and (how I'll describe them) the hollow splatters on the bottom right. My only comment there would be tbh I would like to see more of them, and more spread out across the whole signature. (3) You've got a pretty solid sense of depth here, having a pretty sharp focal and a blurry background.

Okay, on to things that I would personally change/work on. (4) Some effects on here just seem out of place/random. In some cases it's because they haven't been blended in well and as a result just look pasted on, in others they just look like they've been placed in with little thought in to the composition or flow that you are going for. (5) There isn't really a well defined light source in the signature. This is important for this render in particular, as it is clear that the artist intended for there to be a light source coming from the top left corner from the way they drew the characters' highlights and shadows. It looks like you may have made some attempt to add some lighting here, as it appears yu clipping masked some kind of blue light on to Harley's right arm (on the left side of the sig), but if anything this only worsens the problem. I would also say the sig has a little too much contrast (but that's a matter of taste). (6) I know what you were going for with trying to incorporate the colour the Joker's green hair in to the signature but I just don't think this was done very well. The fact that the only other green part of the signature besides the Joker's hair is at the bottom of the signature only serves to draw attention away from the focal. Finally, I think c4d placement on the left side could use a lot of work. I think the placement on the right side is pretty good tbh (except for the weird looking one behind the blue fractal in the top right corner), but the left side kind of just throws off any sense of flow you may have been going for.

I'm also not a fan of the text, but I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to text since I rarely find it actually adds more than it takes away from a signature. I didn't include this however since it's not that bad and it's probably a decent idea to include it if you want to actually improve at it.

Try not to dwell on the negatives though, it's a nice piece overall!

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mountain likes this.
  3. Mountain

Mountain School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.5
    Thank you so very much reborn :)

4. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Its so fierce! Nice work there!