1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original Laser's Random Shorts

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Laserdragon14, Jul 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    This is going to be the place where I put some random writings that have no other place to be.
    And as usual, constructive criticism is always welcome.
    Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy it. :3

I walked into the school lunchroom. Nearly every table was full. The sounds of chatter were nearly overwhelming. I squeezed through the crowd to find my best friend, who was sitting in the outer edge near the windows.

“Hey, Shawn,” greeted Daniel with a big smile on his face.

Daniel was wearing his usual t-shirt and blue jeans with his favorite purple jacket over it. “So, do you want to go get some of the school breakfast with me?” He asked.

“You mean that pathetic excuse for food?” I replied as I placed my backpack down. “Sure, why not?”

I followed Daniel to the breakfast line.

“Have you been watching the news lately?” Daniel asked as he grabbed a cup of milk.

“You know that I’ve stopped keeping up with that type of thing since it is mostly garbage anyway,” I replied.

I took a box of apple juice.

“Well, they’re saying that in certain parts of the western US, there is a terrorist group that has been doing some suicide bombings,” said Daniel as he continued down the line and pick up a chicken biscuit.

“Ok, it isn’t anything completely new,” I commented as I followed him. “Yeah, it is bad that people died but what is so special about it?”

“The only time that they do a bombing, it is raining and the person screams when they’re about to blow up.”

“Alright, that is a little weird,” I said as I snagged the last chicken biscuit.

“What is even weirder is that no terrorist group has claimed responsibility for any of the bombings,” continued Daniel. “The police in those areas hit can’t even figure out a motive for any of the bombers to do it.”

“They are terrorists, so do they need a reason?”

We made it back to our table and sat down across from each other.

“The main thing is that all of the bombers don’t have anything in common,” Daniel explained. “Religion, background, race, nothing. Other than being out in the rain before blowing up.”

“Maybe they were all threatened into doing it?” I thought out loud before taking a bite out of the chicken biscuit.

The biscuit was underdone, but it wasn’t anything new for school food. And the chicken was dried out, again, nothing new.

“I dunno, but that wouldn’t explain why all of them screamed prior to...you know…”

I nodded. “What do you think then?”

Daniel shrugged. “They’ll tell us if it is anything to worry about. Besides, it can lead to some interesting discussions.”

“Not like this one, correct?” I said sarcastically.

“Yeah, totally,” he laughed. “Anyway, after school today, do you want to go somewhere or maybe go see a movie?”

“Maybe,” I replied. “As long as it isn’t going to rain.”

“Understandable,” Daniel said with a pause. “Hey, I think that is Mr. T coming in.”

I looked back and I noticed that there was some light rain coming down.

“Well, he is almost late, as usual,” I said.

“Though, do you blame him? He has to deal with students all day.”

“No, in fact, I wouldn’t become a teacher just because of that reason.”

Suddenly, Daniel’s face darkened.

“Is something wrong?” I asked as I turned my body around.

It was raining harder outside and Mr. T was walking up. Suddenly he stopped and looked at his left arm, which looked deformed and almost melting off of him. He started screaming.

The lunchroom immediately went silent as people started looking at Mr. T. That was when he exploded. Glass shattered, the students started screaming, panic and fear could be felt everywhere. Daniel dragged me to the ground. I barely noticed the blood pouring down my face.

“Shawn, are you ok?” Daniel asked.

I tried to form a response, but I couldn’t form any words. I lifted my hand and wiped off my face.

“Oh...I’m bleeding,” I stuttered as I looked at my bloody hand.

“Yeah, I can see that,” said Daniel with slight panic as he hastily took off his purple jacket and placed it carefully on my head. “Just don’t move until the police get here.”

“Did...all of that...really happened?” I wondered out loud.

“Believe it or not, it happened right in front of us,” said Daniel shakily as he placed pressure on my head.

It hurt but I didn’t openly complain.

“Isn’t this your favorite jacket?” I asked.

Daniel looked at me. “I can wash it … or get a new one. You…”

“I looked that good, huh?” I interrupted tiredly.

“Uh...look...You need to stay quiet. We can talk once an ambulance gets here.”

The pain on my head started to grow. My vision began to look blurry. I could barely think. Before long, everything went black.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...