1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Latest show you binge watched

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gazi, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I don't typically binge watch, and I never do it on purpose, it just sort of happens. Me and five of my siblings once binge watched the last season of Transformers Prime, although it wasn't my latest binged show. That would be the Legend of the Three Caballeros. It was just so easy to get sucked in.

2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I recently, I've been really into this Chinese webdrama called The Eternal Love. It's kind of strange, but I couldn't help going through it all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My brother gave me a digital copy of a cartoon (French-made anime-esque with plenty CGI segments) show we used to watch a long time ago, called "Code Lyoko". One-sentence synopsis? 4-5 middle school kids team up every episode to enter a virtual world (pretty much an unpopulated alpha version of an action-adventure video game) to fight an evil entity that can infect and control electronics, animals, objects, and later on even people to try to destroy the world for some reason, learning lessons about friendship and tenacity along the way. I just finished the second of four seasons, and it only got good after the first season finished, but it's necessary to watch that too.

Watching it again now 15 years later, I notice a lot of things that I missed before: Ulrich is not cool but rather a whiny coward; Aelita was a total creep before she was materialized (spoiler), and the "heroes" are total bullies but so is literally everyone at that school including the teachers. Seriously, there is so much toxicity and bashing and public shaming and bullying that the school really needs a 1:1 ratio of students to counselors in order to combat depression and probably violence.

It's good though. The action sequences are generally satisfying, the story is good in the second season, and it's fun. I recommend you watch it if you're old enough to have used an old Nokia cell phone, otherwise it will seem dated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    My friend and I watched Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? in a few hours last week. It wasn't very long, but it was fun. We usually binge anime when we hang out; we're going to try to finish Your Lie in April in the next sitting, I think.

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It's not really a show, but I've been bingeing Welcome to Night Vale, which is a podcast, at work. It's over a hundred episodes of pure insanity, narrated by a buttery smooth voice and punctuated by the weather/indie music. My only regret is not listening to it sooner.

6. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    last show i binge watched was danny phantom on hulu. totally worth it! i loved it so much and it was lovely.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Just started binge watching a korean drama called Healer that came out in 2014-2015. Super good!!

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I haven't finished it yet, but for the last week or so I've been binge watching the show Archer. It's super funny and I love the art style it's animated in.

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I've been on and off again binge watching Power Rangers. Not Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Power Rangers. The entire franchise. I recently finished Lost Galaxy and now I'm about halfway through Lightspeed Rescue. It often makes me wonder just how different I would be if my parents let me watch it as a kid.

10. RosieVulpes

Sweetheart
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    The recent show I've binge watch is Final Space. I regretted the decision soon after the last episode as I couldn't stop crying.

11. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Season 10 of Hell's Kitchen. I watched it all in one day. ^^''

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Mythbusters (well, the few episodes left on Hulu, anyway).

13. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    just recently binge watched bojack horseman. i wasn't expecting to get into it but i enjoyed it way more than i thought i would. i found it highly relatable at times. i'm really excited for season 5 to come out in september.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Two nights ago I started watching Mad Men and so far I'm really, really liking it! So much in fact that it's actually hard for me to put my phone down and stop watching. Haha
    I originally started watching it because I had heard good things about it before, and also because it's set in the 60s (a decade I'm fascinated with). But as I kept watching I got really drawn into the storyline and characters too.
    I'm only half way through the second season so far, but I'm sure it won't take too long to finish, even if it is 7 seasons long. Haha

15. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    The latest season of BoJack Horseman. It was pretty rough, but in a good way. Maybe not quite as good as season 3 and 4, though.

16. PantherPunch

Sky
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.1
    I was watching 'Into the Abyss'. I can't wait to watch the 2nd season when it comes out!

17. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The Good Doctor. I don't really have time to binge shows because school takes up most of my time :( but I'm hoping when season two comes out I'll be able to binge it.

Jupjami likes this.
  18. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I binged season 1 of My Hero Academia... and am continuing to binge it.

19. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I binged DBZ Abridged by Team FourStar if that counts. What a great wrap-up to Season 3. Hats off to them.

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    That would be Trollhunters on Netflix, I usually only really binge watch stuff while at my mom's since I don't have Netflix myself.