1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Least favorite Gen 7 Pokémon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Hraesvelgr, Dec 9, 2016.

1. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Yeah I was especially disappointed when I realized Komala never got an evolution :(

2. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    My least favorite is Oricorio. Its stats are okay and I love its design and premise, but it really suffers in its move pool. The only STAB moves it ever gets are flying type moves and Revelation Dance. It is so disappointing.

Tsareena's move pool is a little too shallow for my liking. Wish it learned more physical STAB moves.

From a design standpoint, Alolan Grimer and Muk are outright hideous.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Omg! But it's so cool. :( Has some really pretty shinies too. I do get it, though. Shame.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I like it too! I just wish it was it was more usable.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Fair enough. I think a lot of mons this gen suffer badly from this problem, sadly. :(

6. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I will say it, Ground types are my favorite. But I really hate Mudsdale. Mudbray is fine, but I hate Mudsdale.

7. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    Used to be Yungoos and Gumshoos...until I watched their anime episodes and looked into their real, actual origins. Now, I LOVE them!

My least favorites would have to be: Drampa (it's a Dragon...I love Dragons...but the design bothers me), Incineroar (it doesn't do Litten & Torracat justice), Dartrix (it looks to weird), Alolan Grimer and Toucannon.

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I personally love Incineroar, but I would love it more if it looked more like a dark type (which it is) than another fighting type. I just love the grin when it uses its special Z-move.

9. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Hmm... I'd say Komala and Toucannon are my least favourite designs. They look too 'normal' and I feel like the designs are kinda lazy. They're literally just a Koala and a Toucan.

10. Unreal Shadow Tracker

PokéPoints:
    ₽47.9
    I really dont care much for the Ultra Beasts. I dont hate overall of them but if you lump together I dont like them as a whole.

11. DoctorFlygon

DoctorFlygon myagical girl

PokéPoints:
    ₽81.2
    Eh, I loved this generation's new 'mons for the most part. Some fall into meh for reasons I don't think are worth saying (e.g. Gumshoos has poor stats which make it hard to appreciate, like almost every equivalent we've had for it sans Diggersby thanks to Huge Power but even then that wasn't really a factor if you weren't trading), but most of them were really just because of stats or other battle-related things. Bear in mind I don't truly dislike any of these 'mons.

I love Midnight Lycanroc's design, it actually reminds me of the Wolfos from OoT and I'm a big fan of how "crazy" it looks, but man did they give it the shaft in terms of battle performance. They for some reason gave the priority exclusive move AND Sand Rush to the form that was already very fast, and in place of those, it gets... slightly more bulk which isn't enough to actually let it take hits much better, a move that's been around for ages as its "exclusive" that's pretty bad to begin with, especially considering its stats aren't suited for tanking or really anything besides hitting things, and... okay, admittedly the thing gets No Guard as an exclusive ability which is neat, especially given that it has STAB Stone Edge and a pretty good Attack stat, but really, that's not enough to change the fact it's severely outclassed by its counterpart, which is a shame, because I'd absolutely love to use it otherwise.

Lurantis is the same deal. You give us it... and also Tsareena, which is more or less the Garchomp to its Flygon, without the especially noteworthy niches Flygon has gained. In the same generation. Way easier to raise, better stats in everything except Special Attack which Lurantis doesn't find much use in anyway, with the exact same type, and a more useful ability than anything Lurantis has. (It gets Contrary with Leaf Storm, true, but there's another pure Grass-type out there that does the same, is far faster, and doesn't hit for much less.) I guess if either of them had to be so inferior battle-wise I'd rather it be Lurantis since I'm more of a Tsareena fan, but even if I'm more for the pretty fruit queen with a turtleneck-looking thing, I still like less-pretty pink bug with poor fashion sense a lot too. (Hell, they even call Lurantis the "most gorgeous Grass-type", and Tsareena is literally designed to be pretty looking to the point where the Pokédex points it out! The poor thing just can't catch a break.)

There's probably more like these two who I love design-wise but just get completely outclassed, but they hurt the most.

As a side-note, since it seems to get a lot of flak, Incineroar was something I was pretty apprehensive about at first, especially since I loved Torracat's design, but after seeing it in the trailer and seeing how darn expressive it was I really started to warm up to it. It's easily got some of the most personality of any Pokémon to date in terms of expressions and stuff, and I really like that. I didn't like it looking like a Fighting-type initially either, even if I knew they wouldn't really do it, but after finding out that it was meant to be playing the role of a bad guy in wrestling its typing quickly became really inventive to me, and combined with Litten's grumpiness being a thing it keeps in its role, just how fun its expressions and concept are and the fact I find it incredibly funny that they probably knew what they were doing regarding how much Fire/Fighting would be hated and made something that could pass as one but still has a different typing which makes a lot of sense, it really grew on me, and I ended up loving all the starters' final stages. (Decidueye is still who I went for in Moon, though - I really have no idea who I'll pick for my next time playing an Alolan game.)

12. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    I'm not big on Lurantis. It's funny because I was originally psyched up about it, but found it underwhelming in battle. Tsareena took it's place as my fave new grass.

Bruxish is my other. It's just so ugly looking. I know what they were going for but it just looks like paint splattered on a fish.

13. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Komala since he is pretty bad at the moment, and Mudsdale for being a Ground type. How dare it disrespect my favorite type. It is just stupid looking.

14. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Just get rid of Bruxish. Who at Gamefreak let the design get past the planning stage?

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I like most of the new Pokémon, but some are just... disappointing.

Komala is the first one. It's got a really neat ability in Comatose to make it immune to status, and I thought that whatever it evolves into will probably be pretty neat... but it doesnt evolve, which is quite disappointing. The only stat that sticks out is Base 115 Attack, with everything else either only being ok or bad. It's a shame, because I want to like Komala because it's just adorable.

Lurantis got me thinking that it was actually fairly tough because of it's trial, so I went to get one. I even decided to forego getting a Leafeon, my favorite Eeveelution and one of my favorite Grass-types, for it. And I regret it. It's very very slow (which explains why they boost it's speed by 2 stages instead of 1), it's not as strong as Leafeon, and while it has decent special bulk, it falls short compared to Leafeon's physical bulk, which doesnt help considering that, again, it's super slow. I wish it was better, because like Komala, I liked it's design. The trial just set me up for disappointment.

I think the most disappointing gen 7 Pokémon for me is... Crabominable. Crabrawler, it's pre-evo, was pretty neat looking. Pure Fighting-type was not a typing I was expecting. I thought itd be Water/Fighting, but it's not that big a dealbreaker for me. Noooooow for the negatives. First, I think it's ridiculous that if you want it's evo, you have to pretty much stick with Crabrawler until the end of the game, which is ridiculous because you can have a fully evolved Kommo-O before that, as well as other early-game fighting-types to choose from like Hariyama. And what's your reward for it? A super slow Ice/Fighting-type that, compared to some others, isnt even very bulky, which is bad because Ice/Fighting is awful defensively. 132 Attack is nice, sure, but considering how many weaknesses it has and how slow it is, you'll be lucky to even get a hit off. It doesnt even get priority moves, which is a shame because an Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch would definitely hurt. It's like Lurantis but worse, because at least Lurantis has a neat design (imo). Crabominable is just... all over the place. In a bad way. If you managed to stick with Crabrawler through the entire game and still kept using Crabominable, then I applaud you, because... I just dont see anything good about it tbh.

So yeah. Sorry about the mini-rant :P

16. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I'm so glad to hear someone else is annoyed by the way incineroar turned out :'D I actually found that I disliked more Pokémon in this gen than any other, I'm not sure at all about those ultra beasts either. Alolan persian is a particular slap in the face though, I think XD

17. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Gotta say Alolan Geodude line are horrendous, they look so thrown together and unfinished, like the design never got polished, they are all so much more clunky looking.

18. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Most of the Alolan form Pokémon excluding Ninetails, Sandslash, Raichu, and Marowak don't really look that great. Incineroar's should have stayed on all fours instead of standing up. Bruxish just looks like someone threw buckets of paint on it.

19. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I guess I'll add in more thoughts. And am I the only one who actually likes Mudsdale?

Like everyone else, I think Komala had a ton of potential, and it's just disappointed that it never got a chance to show it.

I don't hate Oricoro, but after running into so many in the meadows, it definitely got annoying.

Toucannon just seems out of place. I was expecting a totally awesome-looking woodpecker beast, not a ticked-off toucan. Like, I understand the element of surprise, but it doesn't even look like it belongs to the same evolution line to me.

Shiinotic just looks disturbing to me, with its weird, almost lazily-designed face. It seriously looks like they just slapped a smiley face sticker onto it.

My last one is Magearna. I personally have nothing against it, it just feels like Game Freak kind of over-hyped it. Probably just me.

I am now done bashing on all your favorites.

20. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I like mostly all of them. Hard to make a choice when everything introduced this generation's been awesome, but I suppose if I had to choose, I guess Incineroar? I really wanted Litten to evolve into something quadruped and not another macho fire starter evolution on all fours. B[ But Game Freak didn't answer my prayer lol. Still not attached to him, though I do love Torracat a lot!

When it comes to usability... Lurantis. Love her so much design-wise, but she's outclassed by Tsareena in almost every which way.