1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Least Favourite Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Mandriel, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    We've got a thread discussing our favourite Pokémon, but what about our least favourites? Is there a Pokémon you dislike or even hate? Do you just hate their design, or did something personal happen that tainted this Pokémon's image forever?

Although there aren't too many Pokémon I don't like, I've always had this weird feeling of irritation stir inside me whenever I caught sight of Hoppip. I always thought its design was a little creepy, and its stats and movepool isn't fantastic. I feel a little bad about this since its Pokédex entries make it sound so adorable, but I honestly can't bring myself to like it or its evolutions (though Jumpluff is kinda cute).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I actually like all Pokémon, however the only one that I feel like killing eveytime I see it would have to be Dugtrio, and I can blame this on my friend who decided to bring it against me in a serious match knowing full well what I like to run (his dugtrio perfectly countered my slaking which I felt was counter teaming). Before this I didn't really care for it, but now I loath it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    I think I speak for most when I say I dont dislike alot of Pokémon, but for me i'd say the least favorite one is Beedrill

Beedrill got a cool mega and I can admit its kind of cool, but the idea of just a giant bee being close to me in any sort of situation is just ehh... as a kid i completely despised beedrill, probably due to my old fear of every bug ever, But I think the most "I hate it" Pokémon design that has carried over from that fear is Beedrill

Mandriel likes this.
  4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My least favorite Pokémon is the Koffing line, mostly due to an experience I had encountering a shiny Weezing using Explosion... Some of you may have already heard that story, so I'll spare you the details.

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Stunfisk makes me want to die when I see it, especially in the new sprites where it is flat so you can't see it.

Mandriel and DeleteAbsol like this.
  6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I don't really "hate" any Pokémon, but most of the Gen5 Pokémon were rather underwhelming...

7. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I'm surprised nobody's said Jynx yet. For me its Jynx. It's just plain bad.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Jynx is a big one, but I also dislike Wishiwashi because my brother had one and beat me with it a lot.

Mandriel likes this.
  9. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    While I want to like its evolutionary line, the anime kinda ruined Palpitoad for me. Like, it was such a weird and out of place mon for Ash to capture, and tbh was really useless in all the battles it had.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  10. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I know I said that Gen V Pokémon were among the most creative, which is true, but I also think they were kind of lazy when they designed the Klink family.

They probably could've just made it a single evolution Pokémon; skipping Klang and going straight to Klinklang. Another big turn-off for me is its stat distribution. Has awesome physical Attack and Defense, but its movepool almost makes it not even worth considering, especially when it learns a ton of special moves. I mean...it's SpecAttack isn't terrible by any means, but I think it was a waste to give it such a high physical Attack and then limit it to learning just normal, electric or steel physical moves.

11. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I think I might just mention my least favorite from each gen:
    Gen 1- Koffing. I dunno, I never really liked the design. Weezing kind of creeps me out to a certain degree, but for some reason, I always preferred this one.
    Gen 2- Unown. Seriously, Gamefreak had such a great idea here and they just wasted it. How awesome would it have been if finding all the letters would result in a combination Pokémon? Come on, Gamefreak, you've gone 3 gens now without giving us new evolutions. (Save for Sylveon) Give us a reason to catch Unown, and also, give Dunsparce an evolution. He deserves it.
    Gen 3- Luvdisc. To be fair, there was at least a reason to capture these in R/S/E, but now they serve no purpose. They're incredibly weak and have no evolution. I thought Alomomola was supposed to be one, but no, it's its own thing. Gamefreak, you know how much people want you to make these Pokémon useful, right?
    Gen 4- Probopass/Lickilicky. I don't care what anyone says. I thought the first forms of these two were cool. I guess in a way, an evolved Lickitung being fat makes sense, but still, I find this design kind of ugly. And Probopass just looked stupid to me.
    Gen 5- Garbodor. I hate to be predictable, but I've never liked this one's look. It's ironic, too, considering I once wrote a story where one of the main characters' friends is a Garbodor who's surprisingly heroic and uses his immunity to poison to keep the environment safe.
    Gen 6- Skrelp. Honestly, I don't have major qualms with any of the gen 6 Pokémon. I don't even think Skrelp is that bad. I just find it the least appealing of the bunch.
    Gen 7- Bruxish. In all fairness, I get the feeling the idea was that this was supposed to be a scary creature covered in beautiful colors. In that case, it succeeded in terrifying me. Usually I give characters a free pass when something like that is intentional, but not in this case. I don't hate this design as much as I did at first, but I still don't like it.

Furie likes this.
  12. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I don't like Pikachu because it's always Pikachu here, Pikachu there, Pikachu everywhere; I do know that it's the mascot of Pokémon, Ash's main Pokémon and stuff and I'm okay with its design, I like it as a simple Pokémon but this really annoys me.
    If another Pokémon was the mascot like that it would probably be the same thing

Mandriel likes this.
  13. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    For me, my least favorite Pokémon is Charizard. YES FEEL FREE TO ROAST ME FOR THIS BUT I HAVE MY REASONS

It's just so overrated. Everyone picked Charmander just for Charizard. It's in so many spinoffs. It doesn't even look cool, it looks gross in my opinion. It's 3D models are beyond horrendous. I will give it the compliment of having a solid design back in Gen1, but that was 20 years ago.

Also the entire Alola dex except like 10 Pokémon is a disappointment. Bad designs and abilities that focus too hard on competitive. Eugh.

14. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I really hate Talonflame. It's just the name. In battle, in design, in all that it's just fine, a solid B- or B; but I hate that name. Most Pokémon names are at least somewhat creative. Mewtwo: it's a cat that mews, it's a mutation, it's the second of its species. Feraligatr: it's an aligator, it's ferocious/feral. Serperior: it's a serpent with a superiority complex. And don't get me started on Mareep. But Talonflame? They literally took two words and put glue stick between them and hoped for the best. Personally I prefer the German name of Fiaro: it sounds smooth and it actually keeps with the archery theme of its two previous forms.

For that reason alone I refuse to use Talonflame in any capacity in the games beyond dex completion.

15. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ^This.

I don't really like Sylveon - in terms of design. I'll admit it has a nice color scheme, but it's just so girly. Fairy does not have to mean frills and bows. That annoys me. But what really turned me off to it was when Serena's Eevee evolved into one. Serena could have had any other Eeveelution and it would have really been a compliment and improvement to her character. Instead, by making it a Sylveon, they kept her girly and shallow. I absolutely hated that.

I've never liked the Nidoran evolution line. Not sure why. Just never have. Same with a couple other species, I won't bother y'all by listing them all.

16. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I don't "hate" a certain Pokémon per se, but I don't really like the Ultra Beasts. I dunno, I feel like they're all hella overdesigned and don't fit into the Pokémon world, you know?

17. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I like all Pokémon equally but if I really had to choose my least favorite Pokémon then it would have to be Pikachu. Most people who 'watch' Pokémon only happen to know one Pokémon and that's Pikachu. I know Pikachu is the mascot of Pokémon and all but would it kill anyone to find another favorite Pokémon? If some people were as big of fans as they claim to be then they would certainly look through the whole list of Pokémon before saying Pikachu is their favorite Pokémon by default.

18. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Ok, forget Jynx. Scyther is forever tainted for me, and I have Bugsy to thank for that. My first "leave without save" in my nuzlocke was because of Bugsy and his stinkin Scyther's fury cutter.
    "They dont fit into the Pokémon world"

I cant resist pointing out, they arent FROM the Pokémon world, they're from their own weirdo other dimension.

19. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    Koffing, Grimer, and the Trubbish lines. I actually don't like any of the "industrial" like Pokémon (Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom) but the poison ones are, frankly, gross.

20. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I don't know, but Gurdurr has always ticked me off. Just the...design! It's, frankly, disgusting. The veins, the tiny waist, the nose...it's like Game Freak came up with a bodybuilder idea, then accidentally left it to stew in a pit of steroids and forgotteness before they pulled it out three minutes before the final game, took one look at the atrocity they had created, and LAUGHED at what trauma the were about to induce on small children with it.
    *cough* I mean, I don't like it.
    #MissingNo