1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Left is right... right?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Absolute Zero, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Left and right are the only true directions in the universe. Actually that's an overstatement, but they're still pretty important. Left and right are always there, as much as up and down except somehow, they're a bit easier to mix up in your head. Have you ever had trouble remembering the difference between left and right? Do you still have trouble with it, so much that it helps to sometimes hold your forefinger and thumb up on each hand and see which pair makes L? Have you ever tried to understand someone of any age who has a hard time with the difference, or perhaps are you a person who has a hard time with these while most other people around you simply don't grasp that it's difficult?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I actually have a lot of trouble with it. I know which is which, but in the moment without thinking about it, I end up mixing them up a lot. I know why that is too. It's because of mouse buttons. I'm used to doing most things right handed since I'm mostly right handed, but the main mouse button is the left button. I'm at my computer often enough that this tends to confuse me. Being somewhat ambidextrous probably doesn't help either; apparently people who are left handed have more difficulty instantaneously remembering the difference between left and right.

Side note, did you know there are some places that don't use left and right at all? I know there's this one small island nation that doesn't use left and right and instead all of their directions are based on how their location correlates to the location of the volcano at the center of the island. I think there's an indigenous group in Australia that does something similar, but with cardinal directions. So instead of saying that something is to the left of you, you'd just say it's to the west of you, for example.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    On rare occasion. "Your other left!" is something that I hear with just enough frequency to recognize.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™ (they/them)

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,401.4
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I don’t confuse my left from my right but I often confuse the cardinal directions (north, south, east, west), mostly east and west. If something mentions east and west, for example Eastern and Western culture, I have to say the “never eat soggy waffles” phrase to process which is which.

5. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I often forget where right is and where left is. Don't know why, but I just can't get it into my head. But, to be honest, I also never really needed it? I forget things quite easily when I'm not needing them. But, I'm pretty sure I'll get it eventually...maybe.

6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I often get left and right jumbled in my head primarily because I use other forms of directionality. Most of the time, I never use left or right because its unscientific. When I do use my left and right indicators, I often have to stop my thoughts, and do a check that has my mind identify which side is left and which is right before I can use one or the other.

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽498.9
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I have brain weak every now and again, at which point I do the L thing and go about my day. In my case this is caused by medication and after a while I have just gotten used to it and learned to roll with it.

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I don't know at all, I just say "this way" and point ;_;