1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Left4Dead(2) discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Maantijger, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Does anyone on here play the L4D games? I've been getting into L4D2 recently and they're damn fun. It's one of those games that require players to play to serve the team instead of playing by yourself, which can be frustrating but it's sooo satisfying to win as a team in the end. Right now I'm playing the VS mode and it's pretty much the best thing ever to wreak havoc and cause the survivors to despair, it's beautiful. Also, if you don't know what the game is about, it's a zombie FPS for 4 players. There's the standard zombies, but there's also the Special Infected, basically they're special classes of more dangerous zombies. For example, one can spit acid, another can ride on the heads of the survivors and in order to survive players are forced to work together. If one of them gets caught by a Special Infected, they can't do anything except wait for their teammates to save them. Saving one of your teammates from peril or taking down a Special Infected makes you feel like a hero, it's not bad.
    But yeah, if anyone already has the game maybe we can play together sometime? If not, I highly recommend you pick it up when it's for sale, it's not too expensive then. Here's the Steam page for it btw.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nauris

Nauris The King of Konchus

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I used to play L4D2 quite a lot with my friends, but we kinda stopped it at some point, and I'm not too fond of playing with randoms, I can't trust them to keep my ass safe. I didn't enjoy VS mode much though. For me, it was pretty much fooling around with friends in co-op, while occasionally getting massacred because someone decided to bully some witches, when there was already a horde or something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    It's been about 2 years since I've played L4D2, simply because I get infuriated when I have to rely on somebody else to be able to enjoy the game. Don't get me wrong, I love games where team work is important, but I don't like when you literally can't play by yourself and expect to survive longer than it takes for a Jocky or whatever the other specials are in that game to spawn in. I love that there are so many mods and custom maps for it (for the pc version), it's just the core gameplay of it that I can't stand really. I'm sure it feels great playing with a squad of great players and kicking ass, I just would rather play with friends I know and get a long with and none of us are exactly pros at the game and I end up being helpless if a special gets a hold of me.

I have about 44 hours in the game, so I'd hardly call that experienced but I'd also say that's enough time to make up your mind whether or not you like the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.