1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Legendary Ideas

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by phineas81707, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    It's rather common knowledge about the lack of a Poison legendary. However, I would like to propose a question: what creatures or concepts would make a good candidate for a Poison type legendary? I would also like ideas for a naturally occurring Bug-type, as well.

Reminder: no artificial Legendaries like Genesect or Mewtwo. Being artificial is why I'm not considering Genesect in the first place.

2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I think maybe something that is plague-related, after all, that is the most toxic that I can think of, I'm not to good about making full-on ideas though so I'll leave that there XD

The god of plague might work though

It might work with bug type too

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    For poison:
    Some sort of plague god, or a "corrupted" Pokémon/Earth deity/Guardian of the Land, etc., like pollution, stuff like that.
    For bug:
    I don't know, I imagine some sort of harvest god here

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I think the main reason there isn't a poison type legendary yet is that the general style of poison types is kind of gross (I'm looking at you Muk and Garbodor). It would be difficult to get across the poison typing without going pretty gross with it, making it potentially less attractive to the younger audience. If they did it I think they would have to go all in on two design styles, either more elegant while still containing the main design feature of the purple colours, or pretty gross with like sludge oozing out of his mouth or something.

As for bugs, I think playing off of some sort of leader bug would make sense, but that could seem like a rip off of Vespiquen. Honestly I'm not really sure about this.

For a typing I would like to see from a future legendary, I'd love to see an Electric/Dark type. A practically unresisted group of typings and there's plenty of options for design concepts.

5. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    Actually, cross referencing an idea I found of mine earlier... A legendary Pokémon that combined the concepts of treasure and garbage, somehow. Like he treasures things humans and other Pokémon throw away.

I can totally see an NPC saying "We throw all of our garbage to [Name]. We don't want it, and he does. It's a win-win situation."

And the hive mind seems workable, but I think it might be a rip-off of a different Pokémon... or maybe I could just pretend Zygarde is Dragon-Bug or Ground-Bug.

6. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    For a poison-type legendary Pokémon, maybe it could be a war between a Pokémon fighting for the corruption of the land (poisoning crops and what-not) , and then it's counterpart seeks to purify it, being a fairy or... the impossible light type? Or grass! But on the bright side, we have Poison Arceus!!!

For bug, maybe it could be a Pokémon that is in charge of correcting imbalances in the ecosystem, but Zygarde already has that job.

7. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    The only bug Legendary I can think of is some of sort of beautiful, giant butterfly. Kinda like Xerneas but with wings and antennas. Volcarona would be the first bug Legendary but he isn't for some reason? He has his own dungeon and all, I don't really get it. There's a few Pokémon based of mythology so an elephant Legendary like the Indian god Ganesha would be cool. It'd be a ground/water type because it can cause earthquakes but also shoot water from its nose. Not sure how a poison Legendary would work, but maybe as a secondary type or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.