1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Let’s Play Pokémon Black!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by RadEmpoleon, Apr 27, 2019.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Yeah, I still haven’t played through BW yet, and it’s been way too long since I’ve played White 2 to remember any details. So of the 5 games I put on a poll, most votes went to play Black so I did.

Oh, and this is a normal run, not a nuzlocke.

So I started after just defeating Bianca and Cheren. I named my starter (Tepig) Pork Chop. (Really creative, I know.) Caught a Patrat, named it Ratpat. Then I got to Accumula Town, where you first meet Ghetsis and Team Plasma. N was there too, I beat his Purrloin...

[​IMG]

Went on to Route 2, caught a Lillipup and named it Good Boi, and a Purrloin I named Vanessa. I had a pretty solid team going for me. It got even better when I went to the Dreamyard and an NPC gave me a Pansage I named Caesar (like Caesar Salad), who was very helpful in the gym battle with Cress.

[​IMG]
    This was also before I got Pansage

I picked Pansage to go against Panpour, and immediately used the X Defend I found in the Dreamyard. I didn’t need this thing destroying me with a million Work Ups. It was faster than me, so all I could do was hope for a lucky paralyze from using Lick. Luckily, I got the paralysis first try. It got fully paralyzed once, which saved me from a potential attack. It had 3 Work Ups and was not prepared to take a hit. Since I was faster, I continually used Vine Whip until it fainted. So I got the Triple Badge and the Work Up TM. (I also got this on video.)

Then I went to Dreamyard, where I battled two Plasma grunts. I beat them both and saved the Munna. I kept trying to look around in the grass to find a Munna, but gave up. Instead, I tried to get a shaking grass patch. After a while, I got an Audino and gave it a dumb nickname. I stopped here for now.

[​IMG] Audino is not staying on the team, I just caught it to catch it.

And one more thing, this game can lag so hard it’s frustrating. I was battling someone and the game was running at a snail’s pace. Not fun. But I’ve figured out how the FPS works- it runs at about normal speed with the first number around 55-60 FPS, and smaller numbers make it slower. That battle I just mentioned- the FPS was maybe 20 FPS. That’s less than half speed. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Sethal likes this.
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Ooof poor pupper took a beating, good luck with the run!

May I suggest putting the screenshots in spoilers? They're very big and takes a lot of scrolling to get pass.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Yeah, I’ll edit rn

4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Ah yeah, if you think the lag is bad now just wait until you get to 3v3 battles lol. All jokes aside this is a fun casual run and I look forward to seeing your team grow and evolve.

5. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Thank you for your extreme patience! I am finally updating! My apologies for the long wait- I had school stuff happening, as well as a specific schedule for my ROMs. (Basically any day I get a chance, I play a game, and the next time I play, I play another one. I’m going in order of release- Gold, Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, and Black.) I digress.
    [​IMG] I left off here after just catching an Audino. I wasn’t in the mood to try to look for a Munna, so I left the Dreamyard.

So after leaving, I went back to Fennel’s lab to (forcibly) get the C-Gear.
    [​IMG] I just noticed the C Gear logo. I was always confused what the three diamonds were for! Also I really dislike this C Gear’s design. It looks so much simpler and neater and in B2W2.

So I went to the Wellspring Cave to battle the Plasma grunts. I then caught the only two Pokémon to catch there, Woobat and Roggenrola. A dust cloud appeared at some point and then I remembered that you could sometimes find Drilbur in them. So I set out to find a Drilbur. I bought 5 Repels, and went back to the cave and spazzed around until the Repel wore off. I kept spraying them and spazzing around. Then I would run back to Striaton City, buy more Repels, and repeat this maybe two more times before I got tired of it. There were hardly any dust clouds showing up. I saw at most 4 dust clouds in total.

I then turned to training my team instead. I mostly focused on Tepig because I wanted it to evolve for the Nacrene City Gym.

[​IMG] Yay! I was also happy because I knew it learns Arm Thrust when it evolves, which will be helpful for Lenora!

I went back to Wellspring Cave, after buying 10 Repels. I had a stroke of genius- I decided to save before using any of them, and then I would be able to reset the game until one showed up, and sell any leftover Repels. The second time I tried it this time, lo and behold, I quickly found a Drilbur! So after a few poke balls, I caught the Drilbur!

[​IMG] I wasn’t sure what to name it. I usually name Excadrill “Raspberry” after the shiny one I got on LV, but obviously it’s not shiny so I wasn’t sure what to name it. I also didn’t want to name it DrillzHere, my other generic Excadrill name. Wasn’t felling it this time. So after much thought, I just named it Diggy. I’ll think of something better later (I hope).

I was really happy to see it had a Jolly nature! (I squeaked a bit, not gonna lie.) It’s the best nature for a Drilbur.

I was very happy I stuck to my plan. And after the frustration of trying to find a Drilbur, I decided that was a good stopping point for today.

[​IMG]
    Replacements:
    Audino —> Woobat
    Patrat —> Drilbur

That’s all for now folks! Thank you for bearing with the bad quality pictures and my Snorlax screensaver. The next part won’t be out for a while.

6. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Nice and balanced team, I've loved Woobat since my old nuz run back when Black released.

Still use a Swoobat in my pvp team to this day.

7. RadEmpoleon

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Wow, haven’t been here in a while lol
    So today’s log is a short one because it’s mostly grinding for Lenora’s gym.
    [​IMG] The Dream Team! We just defeated Cress in the Striaton City gym.
    I headed down Route 3 and into Nacrene City, where I headed my team. Then I explored around the outside part of Pinwheel Forest, where I caught a Sawk (Sock) and a Timburr (Stronk). Battled some trainers there and got a Star Piece from that one rock that you can have a Fighting type smash once a day. (Reminder to myself: sell the star piece!) From there, it was just some grinding, which got boring after a while.
    [​IMG] I decided I’d switch Purrloin (Vanessa) for Sawk for this gym. She will be back on my team after this gym. (I would’ve switched Scooter, but its ability is Unaware, and if I’m right, Lenora’s Pokémon use Work Up a lot, and then Unaware will negate the stat boosts.)