1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lillie's Father

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by engineering class, Jan 28, 2017.

1. engineering class

froze
    (Alolan Sandshrew)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.5
    [​IMG]
    Lillie has a Mother, Lusamine, and a brother, Gladion, but where's her father?
    Is he completely out of the picture like Ash's father??

When you go to Aether after you become Champion, Gladion not only gifts you with Type: Null, but also gives a little background about his father.
    Apparently, he was the one who discovered Wormholes that led to Ultra Space in the first place, and during an experiment, he accidentally went into one, and never came back.
    Gladion concludes that that's the whole reason why his mother became so obsessed with Ultra Space, in order to find a way to get her husband back.

BUT, what if I told you that he's not very far from you???

Rumor has it that Mohn, the person that manages Poke Pelago, is the husband of Lusamine, and the father of the Lillie and Gladion.
    [​IMG]

It's not actually confirmed, but the theory makes too much sense not to be true

The Theory:
    - When Mohn was sent into the Wormhole in Aether, he escaped Ultra Space through another one that landed him in Poke Pelago
    [​IMG][​IMG] <-- in-game pics, Prof. Mohn involved w/ Wormholes
    - The reason as to why he hasn't tried to go back to his family is that he ***has no memory of them***
    - It is the same aftermath that Anabel went through as well...[​IMG]
    ...Looker explains in the Beast-Catching Post game that they found Anabel washed up on a shore, and had basically no memory of her life before that, except that she came from Ultra Space and a few small details
    - Besides this, he clearly has similar features to Lillie's family, such as green eyes and blond hair
    [​IMG]

And there you have it, Lillie's father is Mohn, but instead of focusing on returning home, he is focused on bringing out the full potential of Poke Pelago, because he can't remember what "home" is.
    Some say he's just avoiding Lusamine's craziness, but it's essentially because he can't recall her in his memories, or the rest of his family.

It's speculation that makes me a bit sad, but an interesting theory nonetheless that I wanted to put out there : )

So, do you agree? Is it too much of a stretch? Too true? Did I miss anything? Why can't our trainer tell anyone?!?!

Picture Sources:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5
    Pic 6

*I did not come up with this theory, I just wanted to share it
    *shout out to simpleimageresizer.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Arc1Dragon likes this.
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    That actually is very interesting, he also have that floof in the front of his hat which matches Gladion. I think this could be possible though my guess is he will be passed over as just missing or on a trip- forever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    engineering class likes this.
  3. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I've always liked theories, and this is one of the ones I believe is possible. There is a lot of evidence showing that Mohn could possibly be the father of Lillie and Gladion, as you said.

The reason you can't say anything about it?

BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO BUSY IMAGINING EVERYONE YOU KNOW AND LOVE BURNING IN THE FLAMES OF THE APOCALYPSE YOU STARTED WITH YOUR EMOTIONLESS STARE.
    Sorry, but it's true.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I most definitely believe this, Mostly becuase for some reason I thought it was obvious, at least that Mohn on poke pelego was the missing father. I like your point about the memory loss though, I'd never even considered it, and it adds a measure of credibility to the theory. It also brings up some interesting thoughts, such as Looker washing up on shore with no memories on the battle island...

5. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    This just makes me question what did Mohn look like before he fell into the Wormhole. He was living in the Poke Pelago for years, only with Poke Beans to eat. That must of changed his body.

6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I mean Poke Beans might be sugar to Humans but to Pokémon really healthy. I do believe in this theory, the resemblance is uncanny. I would love Lillie to meet her father <3

7. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I have to admit; I was surprised when I read those books in the secret labs and his name popped out. Isn't it weird how he's basically the reason the whole plot of Sun & Moon even happened? This unassuming looking dude who runs the Poke-Pelago, eats nothing but beans and lives in a wooden raft in the middle of nowhere?

If he had never gotten sucked into the Ultra Wormhole, Lusamine wouldn't have been depressed. That made her vulnerable to Nihilego's neurotoxins, which then lead her to research the Ultra Space and Ultra Beasts and becoming obsessed with them, creating Type:Null and using Nebby to open wormholes that lead to Gladion stealing one of the Null and running away, followed by Lillie also taking Nebby away and boom, plot starts.

I can't believe this bean hobo almost caused the destruction of the Alola region and we can't even tell Lillie or Gladion that he's in some random cluster of islands somewhere in the middle of the sea.

8. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    Bulbapedia has it as that Mohn IS Lillie and Gladion's father. They wouldn't usually do something like this if it wasn't already confirmed in some way. Best Wishes! #ShippersUnite

9. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    1. Bulbapedia has gotten a few facts wrong in the past before
    2. They have never officially confirmed this theory in game, just really hint at it.

10. engineering class

froze
    (Alolan Sandshrew)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.5
    R the pictures not showing??

11. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I think that Lillie's eyes are not naturally green, instead she wears green contacts. When you get the lens case Lillie says something along the lines of "Now we both have something in common" or something like that. Also she mentions that her mother makes her wear what she wears at first which adds to it.

MCOury1998 likes this.
  12. MCOury1998

MCOury1998 Negaishipper

PokéPoints:
    ₽66.5
    Oh good...then I can resume my headcanon of Colress being their father! :) Thanks!

13. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    In the Aether Foundation, you still find information about Professor Mohn.

Gladion even talks about how his father disappeared through a portal when he gives you Type: Null.

MCOury1998 likes this.
  14. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I haven't got that far in the game yet but just from what I can see here it certainly seems plausible, the guy had to end up in pelago from somewhere right? :P unless he's not a "real" person and just a projection of one to act as a guide there. And the resemblance is certainly quite specific.

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I was wondering why he was mentioned so much. I admit that it makes a lot of sense. This is the kind of stuff I love about gamefreak. They put enough stuff in games to confirm them without officially doing them thereby giving the fans a fun puzzle to figure out and leave some things up to interpretation. All that aside I do agree with the theory. There is another possibility, he doesn't know "where" pokepelago is located and can't figure out "how" to get home. The only hole with this theory is, "Then why doesn't he ask some passing trainer for help?" I don't know maybe the ultra wormhole is kinda a waters of avalon kind of deal (gargoyles, look it up) "The waters of Avalon don't take you where you want to go. The waters of Avalon take you where you need to be!" Maybe Mohn is "Where he needs to be"?

16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Yes. Conspiracy theories, my forte.
    Brace yourselves for a huge rant, guys.
    I'm guessing that since Gladion is slightly older, he has some sort of recollection of Mohn and maybe wants you to find him? He's the kind of dude who would give you obscure info and a veiled mission...yeah. I think it's very likely that Mohn went through the Ultra Wormhole and lost his memories, just like Looker. Again, it's plausible that he looked different before he became this, and I quote Fizzysoda, 'bean hobo' who unwittingly set you on a huge journey that affected all of Alola. It might be that Mohn, like Looker, had a partner Pokémon that was affected by Ultra Space. Maybe Pokémon in Ultra Space turn into Ultra Beasts, haha. You know, Croagunk to Nihelego and whatever Mohn had to whatever other spooky beasts live in Ultra Space. Humans...I dunno.
    I dashed this off in five minutes, what do you expect?
    The giant hole in that theory is that your Pokémon don't turn into Ultra Beasts. Of course, you got there through the power of Solgaleo/Lunala, and Lusamine entered through Nebby's power, which I highly doubt either Looker or Mohn did, since it was Mohn's disappearance that sent good old scary President lady off the edge and made her start researching a way to maybe bring her husband back? It was said that Nebby and it's evolutions were the only ones who could open Wormholes at will. Maybe the 'safety' from Nebby bringing you and your team there allowed you to keep your 'Mons and your memories. I'm guessing Looker (and Anabel) 'fell' through in a time when, and wait for it, the last time the flutes were sounded. But that was hundreds of years ago, right? Well, time doesn't necessarily apply to US (sorry Dialga), so who knows if Looker and Anabel are from that time? It would explain some of Looker's quirks.
    Mohn was a researcher, and what do researchers do? Field study! I would bet that if Mohn heard about an Ultra Wormhole, he'd go to check it out. Random thought: he brought Lusamine and Gladion and that's why they have such bad pasts. They saw their father figure and husband respectively disappear.
    Bit scarring.
    Mohn then ended up in Poke Pelago and, separated from his possible partner Pokémon and definitely family, had no recollection of much more than basic instinct. I bet Mohn really loved Pokémon too, and probably went on the island challenge. Who knows, maybe the UW dumped him in Kanto and he was that grumpy old dude who shows you how to catch a Pokémon. You have to remember that old man controls Glitch Pokémon-jk that's farfetch'd even for me!...maybe he made a utopia for his precious Pokémon because he didn't know what else to do. He lived there for years until you came along. He wants you to free him.
    One crazy conspiracy theory later, I'm finally done. Sorry for that...
    #MissingNo

17. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    That floof is so freaking adorable on Gladion. Seriously, it makes me melt. And that whole nervous-tic grabbing-hand thing he does in battle and that hand-on-hip-and-covering-face stance he does when he's talking SO ADORABLE *aww*
    Don't tell Gladion I called him adorable.
    He might kill me.
    #MissingNo

So he HAS to be in Stars. Personally I think he's too big of a character and there are too many loose ends in S/M for Game Freak NOT to make a sequel. It's really interesting how Mohn actually changed everything. I mean, you're the first Alola Champ and you go around catching island deities, you're a pretty big deal. Without Mohn, you would probably be nobody. Yeah, a nobody who went on the island challenge, but, like EVERYBODY ELSE ON ALOLA went through that junk. Hell, Team Skull did.
    Even though you're the Champion, you would probably fade into monotony, because the Aether storyline is too deeply entangled with the Ultra Beasts mission and the whole catching-deities thing. If Mohn didn't disappear, there would be no storyline. As for not telling Gladion and Lille their father is a bean-fanatical hermit who lives on a raft and creates stuff in seconds, well...I hope that's addressed during Stars.
    #MissingNo

18. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    It's confirmed Mohn is the amnesia induced father of Lillie and Gladion. Then Lusamine being his wife. He did all of it but has no memory