1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lineless art

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 21, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    A handful of artists on LV use lineless art as their most prominent art type. Have any of you who don't normally use lineless ever tried it? If you haven't, why not? Any tips for those who might want to try it in the future?

I think lineless art is very relaxing to color. It can be hard to work with sometimes to try and show depth with shading, but in the end I think its worth it!

A tip for those who would like to try it: Draw each thing on a separate layer. It makes your life much easier when you have to go back and add details.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've made a few lineless pieces, none are very good though but I also don't really do it that much since I still find drawing in itself hard right now. Also made a semi lineless one, which well is kinda mixed in terms of results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Hmm, I don't think I've ever tried lineless actually. It's quite different to my normal art, so I dunno how good it would look if I tried :sweat:

4. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I used to have lineless as my main style, but I moved on to lined once I got a new drawing software. I might try more lineless pieces in the future.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Just to add some more thoughts to lineless art. I think I prefer it so much now because my line weights when I used to do lineless where always so different and weird. I could never get every line to look the exact same. Some where way too thick while others where fine. With lineless I don't have to worry about line weights :P

6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I definitely wanna try out lineless art soon, it'd open up a lot of more doors style-wise. I see all those manga cover arts that are lineless and I'm like "Dang, I need to learn how to do that" >_>

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It might have been noticed that I moved on to drawing mostly only lineless, I prefer it so much over lined and to me in my style it looks so much softer.