1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lines on computer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm getting these lines on my computer, on any black image, or an image at all, tiny, faint lines across all of the computer it seems. I don't know what they are. I can't take an image so my description is pretty bad I guess, but if anyone has any idea, let me know. These lines are very faint, and at the very top of the screen, there is a faint blue glow. I don't know what this is but I want to fix it, badly.

EDITS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best picsI could get, it's across my whole computer and it hurts my eyes. Please, if you have any idea what may have caused this, please let me know. It may just be that my computer's display is fucked, in which case I'm pretty sad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I understand what you mean, but I don't exactly know what causes this. Did anything happen to your computer lately (like getting in touch with water or something)? That might be the reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Nope, but the display has been buggy for some time now, flashing lots of colors and stuff randomly. Best guess is that it's dying and I need a new computer.

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Could be a few things.

If your computer uses a cable to connect to an external monitor, then it might be the cable. Try replacing it or moving it around when the lines are visible to check if the issue is resolved. You also might wanna try and reset some of the video/screen configurations.

If that doesn't it fix your problem, it might be an internal hardware problem. It could be a faulty graphics card, among other things like an overheating GPU. If you have experience opening up computers you can try replacing the thermal paste on your GPU, but I wouldn't recommend that if you're not familiar with computer hardware.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    They're gone now, no idea what happened to cause them.

6. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Just an observation, but those lines look like the ones on the 3DS XL touchscreen.

7. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: The problem has been solved.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.