1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Staff Post Literature Library FAQs (PLEASE READ)

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Absolute Zero, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Lake Valor's
    Literature Library
    F.A.Q.s

That means Frequently Asked Questions. That one isn’t really a frequently asked question, but it feels right to break the ice somehow. I want to help you be more informed and confident about posting in the Literature Library subforum, and to help with that, here's a list of some questions that have been asked about the structure of this subforum.

What’s the difference between the Literature Library and the Creative Zone or the Roleplay Institute?

The Literature Library is where you can share your self-made literature of all kinds! Fanfics, poetry, notes on your solo excursion through unexplored reaches of the Pokémon world, all of that. However, tips and discussions about writing or talking about story concepts in general belong in Creative Zone, and co-operative short-form roleplays go in the Roleplay Institute.

Which kinds of literature am I allowed to post here?

Any literature at all, as long as its your own work and it abides by global site rules. It can be fanfiction of Pokémon or of any other fandom, or it can be entirely original. You can also post all of your work in one thread or a separate thread per project, but not a new thread for every chapter.

If I’m posting a serially updated story with multiple chapters, am I allowed to double-post?

When it comes time to display another chapter or a new poem etc, you can have that in a new post in the thread even when it would otherwise be considered double-posting, partly to help people subscribed to your thread to get the news that there’s something new out! Just don’t use this to artificially inflate your post count, posting all sixty-four chapters of your story in separate posts all at once. That will indeed count as multi-posting.

How do I keep people from posting in my thread that I want to be solely my own content with no interruptions?

Just mention near the top of your thread that you don't want anyone else to post there. It's as easy as that. And on that note, if someone does post in your solo thread against your wishes, just hit that ‘report’ button. It’s really just a convenient way to wave at your friendly neighborhood moderator to take a look at the post in question. You aren’t hurting anyone by using it responsibly.

That Weekly Prompt Thread seems great, but what's the best way for me to respond to it?

You can post in the thread itself, or in your own threads. If you do post your story directly in that thread, but it's more than a screen or two long or not for small eyes, then be sure to contain it between the BB Code of [SPOILER=Your title][/SPOILER]. As far as commenting on the prompts, idle comments are not allowed but requests for clarification are. Lastly, @WavePearl has stated openness to suggestions for a prompt, with your idea to be credited if it's used!

Instead of posting my entire work here, can I link to it hosted on an outside website?

Are you telling me you don’t want to post your story here for all your Lake Valor friends to see firsthand? Besides, these kinds of outside links (or this-is-where-you-find-it descriptions) are against global forum rules. That's right, they are not allowed.

-----
    -------
    -----​

If you have any other questions or want anything clarified, feel free to ask your local Literature Library Forum Moderator and we'll find the best way to help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ColsonOtis, NyxieRina, Ignem and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.