1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Long or short hair?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I know several people, girls and boys, that can never have their hair shorter than shoulder length. At the same time I know girls who cut their hair very very short and love having it that way since it's less of a pain to wash. What's your preference? Are you more comfortable with long or short hair? =)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I always wanted long hair as a kid, like down to my butt long. The problem is my hair won't work that way. It's so thick that I have to keep it short just to keep control of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Definitely shorter hair in my case. I've tried longer hair, and it never works out because it's both harder to wash and take care of, and the lengthier strands have been known to fly into my face or my eyes - though it's mostly the former.

However, if it's too short, that presents its own set of problems - I look for an ideal length. I say that largely because I've been known to cut my own hair a little too short on accident (I cut my own hair, both to save money and so I can get better at it), and the results have been...odd.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I prefer short hair, like in 6 millimeter short. I hate having long hair, is too much a hassle to take care so I just keep it as short as I can without people being able to see my scalp, yes there's a reason for that.

5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Can't stand long hair. I keep mine buzz cut to like a half or quarter inch. It's easy to wash and dries quick whenever I take a shower.

Short hair is also better for warm weather.

6. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I prefer shorter hair. It's less time-consuming to style and wash and it feels really nice during hot summer days because my hair's not acting as any kind of insulation for my neck.

7. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    My hair goes down to my mid-back, and I like it that way. I'm lucky in that my hair is pretty easy to deal with and doesn't get tangled easily, so the length isn't a problem. I always wear my hair up in a high ponytail though because it's far more practical than wearing it down.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I prefer my hair at least half an inch long, and when my bangs reach my eyes, I know its time for a haircut.

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I always wanted long hair when I was a kid. Then when I finally did grow my hair long, I realised that I didn't like having to comb it, frequently wash it and I didn't like how it took forever to dry. I now have my hair really, really short, so it's easier to look after.

10. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Personally I much prefer having short hair (like super short, almost a boy cut kind of style) but those around me hated it. I loved that it took such minimal effort to manage and style. I was mistaken for a boy many times but I found it funny, others didn't.

So I was kind of pressured to grow my hair out and now it's slightly longer than shoulder length and I don't hate it so much (I guess). Having long hair again seems a bit weird but not too bad. I still miss having short hair (I miss the feeling ; v ; ) but I can live with this. I look forward to the day that I can tie it up in a bun though!

11. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Short hair for me, I can't imagine it being long lol

12. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Short hair. I have to have long hair until I graduate but after that, I'm going short. I can't stand it being long.

13. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    I can have my hair either short or long, because when I was in Marching Band, I couldn't really cut my hair because how would I have my Colorguard Ponytail? In all serious, I really prefer somewhat short hair chin or a bit shorter length because my hair is very thick, and whenever I get it cut, I also get it thin/layered so I can have an easier time taking care of it. If you want to see a video of me with my long hair all styled up with Hair Spray and Gel, just tell me and I will give you a link to the video on YouTube.

14. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    It has to be as long as it will go, because I like the feeling of it, and I think more is generally nicer whether male or female. It gives a nice bit of shape and obviously for me provides lots of potential colouring area too :P But yeah it'd feel colder without as much hair around the ears and stuff. I'd love to have a short style but my face isn't the right kind of face to get away with that, so I think it's more complimentary to hide/frame my face with more instead.

15. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I used to have super long hair, but I always hated it and only kept it to stop people asking me which bathroom I needed to be in...now it's super short, I look like Kira again, and people are thinking I am male. Again.
    #MissingNo

16. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i like short hair and prefer having it but i want it as a pixie cut, right now its a bob cut. i must go shorter... o-o

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Medium hair. ;]

18. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I inherited wavy hair from my dad's side of the family, so I enjoy having it a little long. I used to have it down to my shoulders, but it gets too heavy at that point. Now it goes down to mid-neck (and I've got a pretty long neck) and the bangs flip up over my eyes.

19. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I like short or medium hair because it's easier to manage, obviously, but also because I have curly hair, and I think it just looks nicer when the length is around my shoulders. Whenever my hair's long, the weight just pulls the curls down, and to me it looks pretty bad.

20. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Right now my hair is mid-back length, but I've been considering getting a "boy's" haircut because I'm so tired of taking care of it. Also, I want to donate it to charity and I think I've got the right amount to cut off. Has anyone here donated their hair?